G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Wrong Mistake ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 04:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wrong Mistake ?

Man i am soo mad right now here is the thing .. i got a letter from my insurance company said i had a viloation on March 23,2004 but here is the thing i have never had a vilation ticket. i called my insurance people and asked what this was about and they said i got a speeding ticket some time in january and i paid if off on March 23 but i told them i have never recieved a ticket that month. the only ticket i have gotten was cracked windsheild which is a fix it ticket and i got that in like june and i fixed it and paid it off. If i did recieve a ticket in janurary i should have gotten something in the mail but i didnt get anytthing and the weird thing is they said i paid it off in march but i never paid anything off in march. i do not think my credit card can charge itself so i do not what is going on do you think it is a mistake ? what should i do to handle this problem this sucks and i am soo stressed out.

Old 10-14-2004, 06:08 PM
Re: Wrong Mistake ?

First, go to DMV or police station and get driver's history. If there's something amiss, try to reconcile it with the appropriate jurisdiction. Second, assuming there's nothing there or you get problem resolved (in writing), renegotiate with your insurance company. If that fails, switch insurance companies; but be prepared to explain to new company this contentious issue. Good luck.

Old 10-14-2004, 06:13 PM

i could just go to any police station and ask for a driver's history ? thanks for the advice mizzoutiger

Old 10-14-2004, 06:38 PM
Banned

It is not so easy to swicth insurance carriers due to a ticket. If one sees it they all do. They all use clue and credit reports. You can not avoid what shows up on your public record. Ask your Insurance Broker to run your DMV report.

NY G SQUAD<font color=red>&lt;---Official Website

Old 10-14-2004, 06:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You must have been Really drunk when you got that ticket...if you don't even remember getting it!!!
LOL

"I like you.....You remind me of myself when I was young and foolish"

Old 10-14-2004, 08:44 PM

lol trust me i would have remembered if i got the ticket or not .. and i would have recieved something in the mail right ? man this sucks i have a lot of things already going on my life and i dont need this crap .. i will probably go to the police station tomorroe and get all my info if i can thanks for the inputs guys

Old 10-15-2004, 11:03 AM

Maybe it was your wife/kid/brother/sister/evil twin?/etc who got a ticket and paid it off before you find out about it...

04c/Black/AT/PIAA/AL padel/smoked clear corner/6th grounded-wire/z-tube/pop-charger/UR pully/Data grille/Gialla spoiler/15% tint/Kinetix test pipe resonator/OBX y-pipe/BlueBat's overlay

Old 10-15-2004, 11:58 AM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

You must have been Really drunk when you got that ticket...if you don't even remember getting it!!!
LOL

<hr></blockquote>
LMAO! Good one...

Old 10-15-2004, 06:54 PM

well this is freakin BS .. i went to the poilice station to see what is going on and they couldnt give me a print out all they said was "yep" you have a ticket on your record and i was like "duh" its for a speeding ticket right and i asked when and where but they coudnt tell me so they tell me i have to go to the DMV and get a print out so i went to the DMV and stood in like for 3hrs and i finally go to a worker and i said "my insurance company told me i had a ticket" so the guy checks and he was like yeah inglewood and im like "WTF" why would i been in inglewood i have no bussiness there and i told me the only ticket i got was the cracked windsheild and i said i have proof of that one and i paid it off ( cracked windshield is fix it ticket ) and he was like well on here it doesnt say you have gotten a cracked windhshield ticket. WTF IS ALL THE BS.. and i said maybe cause i paid it off it isnt on my record and he said no it doesnt matter we keep track of all the tickets you have gotten and im LIKE WTF IS THIS !@@!!@#$!$!#@$!$!~@... is that true do the DMV keep track of fix it tickets to or just violation kind of stuff .. iam so PISSED right now and i told him COPS ARE GAY AND and left. i seriously do not know what is going on and it is totally pissing me off cause the lady that hit me last month isnt even taking liabilty for the accident when it was clrealy her fault she rear ended me and she is saying it isnt her fault and i pay to for all the damage myself.. right now i am in the SH*T for sure. =(

Old 10-15-2004, 11:21 PM

Suggest contacting Inglewood traffic court. Find out ticket background/disposition and try to rectify. Don't become emotionally hijacked, especially with police/courts. Good luck brother.

Old 10-16-2004, 12:26 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know about the inglewood thing, but about the lady that rear ended you. You have her insurance information right? Don't listen to what she says, just go through her insurance. In many states (but not all) it doesn't matter what you say, because if you hit someone from behind, it's ALWAYS your fault.

Old 10-16-2004, 04:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not sure what steps you need to go through, but you will likely need to contact the court that handles tickets in inglewood. Find out what you need to do to obtain details regarding the ticket. Once you find that out, you can try to find out how to reconcile it.

"In many states (but not all) it doesn't matter what you say, because if you hit someone from behind, it's ALWAYS your fault."

Wrong. Depends on what led up to it. If someone changes lanes in front of you at a distance and speed where it is impossible for you to avoid it, they will be reposibsible for the accident. If the back up as you are approaching in such away that it would be impossible to stop, the person backing wil be at fault.

Consider that laws dictate the rules of the road, but determining fault in an accident can be and in many cases is much more elaborate than just the laws. And evaluating liability differs very little from state to state. Usually the biggest difference is how negligence laws affect decisions made.

Old 10-18-2004, 11:44 PM

And not ALL cops are gay. Only some of the better ones!

Old 10-19-2004, 12:04 PM

My friend had a similar issue, except he got a letter in the mail saying he had a warrant out for his arrest because of an unpaid ticket in central illinois (3 hours way, he'd never even been near).

Turns out, an old friend of his had memorized his information and when he was pulled over for speeding he lied to the cop and said he didn't have his license with him and rattled off his friends information. Reason he lied and said his friends information was not to screw his friend over with a ticket, but because he had a warrant out for him and he didn't want it served right then and there. Therefore, the cop went back checked all the information that he had been told and since he somewhat looked like the description (which is just height, weight, hair/eye color) the dispatcher gave him, he gave him a speeding ticket and went on his way. Had he paid the ticket my friend would be in the same situation as you. It could have been worse though, my friend could have found out by being pulled over and arressted on the warrant for not paying a ticket that he never actually got, imagine that pain. So try to be optimistic, even though it's pretty hard.

So how did we resolve this, well we had to drive all the way down to central illinois on a new court date (he had to call the court and talked to the prosecuter and told him the story) and go to court where the cop showed up and said uhhh this isn't the guy. The cop also had the video with him to prove that he was indeed him, but once he saw us he knew he'd been tricked. Interestingly enough we were leaving and they didn't even ask him to see his ID so my friend turned around and made sure they looked at it so we didn't have to make another trip down there (or else anyone could say that they're someone else).

However, since your ticket has been paid and the case essentially closed, you have to go to the circuit clerk for that county and do a Motion to Vacate. This will bring the case back into court, now there are time limits for this, however, due to the uniqueness they will let it back in. You'll get a court date where you'll go and you'll see the cop that gave you the ticket and hopefully he'll say this is not the guy and it will all be dropped. It's up to the state to figure out who really got the ticket (they never will). You can then bring the court papers to your insurance company or they will re-run your driving record and see that it's been taken off.

Yes this is a big pain, but I'm assuming this is either a total mistake in paperwork on the state's behalf (ticket was to someone else with same name), or a case of identify theft (ever lose an ID or maybe someone just memorized yours). I'm thinking the data entry person for the court just pulled up the wrong record when they were entering the guilty verdict (mistakes happen).

Also something to think about, if the ticket was paid there was a payment method and they had to sign. This signature is not going to be yours so showing the signed payment and the signature on your license may just be one more thing to show the court. Hopefully it was paid with by credit card or check, because they can then easily track who the ticket is really supposed to be for.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Nate