G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

2008 328I Coupe or 2008 G37 Coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
You obviously never owned a german car before.
Owned 5. All more reliable than my G37.

Old 04-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bozo954
Mmmm.......good point. Dinan's like the Stillen of BMWs.

Or, if you prefer, the ALPINA of the entire U.S. market......since those chumps won't let us buy all of what the Euros get - the ALPINA B3s and B5s. What up wit that?

B7s are quite sweet & beastly - saw one about a week ago, up close I WANT ONE!!

That said, icrazy2u, do you think the 335is would be a worthy compromise?

Kinda like M3-quality workmanship minus the 328/335 problem issues noted above? (Thought to self: What is this, a buy-a-bimmer-instead-of-an-Infiniti thread? Disloyal f.....oops, my bad! Finger almost slipped.)

School me. Please.
I'm just saying if you want speed for a little less money go with the 335i. They have been known to have oil issues like the G's too, but all you have to do is get one piece changed every 3 years if it messes up. I like the 335i also cause not to many people have them. All I see is little girls with the g35, and they always have huge dents in them cause they have been re-ended or hit someone. And the 37 doesn't look right and is much slower then the Dinan 335i. So once you buy the Dinan cheap, your done with performance unless you want better handling.

Wow, and the iPL is 49k starting price. Of course the 335i is a much better bang for your buck. The money spent to make a 35/37 as fast as a 335i, you could spend that on M parts. Someone on this forum has a really nice 335i with a some M parts. I'm young, so I took the G35 over the 335i cause insurance was higher on the bmw. Infiniti is a really nice brand, but for speed, go with the 335.

So I'm not roasting Infinity, I'm just a speed guy and "I" like the 335 because of it.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:11 PM
RMA
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
You obviously never owned a german car before. Yes the bmw will feel better in terms of driving experience then the infinite, that is a fact. I use to own a modded Mercedes C32 AMG up to 450hp and 425tq crank. I miss that car every day, but i also spent a small fortunate on that car.

I did most of labor myself and it still cost a ton to maintain because parts were still expensive, even if you buy it from the internet. Electrical components would break all the time and if electrical component malfunctions, the whole car goes into safe mode.

Everyday something would break. The g35 is a decent car in terms of handling and power but you don't have to worry about something breaking all the time. I can relate to RMA's feelings.

The HFP is a huge issue on the 335i, which is another reason that stopped me from getting it, but if you get it warranty its not a big issue. BMW roadside assistance is pretty efficient so it not a huge issue except for the lost in time.

RMA probably got sick a known defective part breaking all the time even after bmw went through at least two revisions of the same part. Its not just finances lost but time as well.

If something breaks on the g35 is cheap to fix and it doesn't happen often so it's not a big deal.
You nailed it right on the head! I also previously had a C32 AMG when new back in the day. Had my fun with it & sold it for alomst what I had paid for it 5000 miles later. I also have had 2 Audi bi turbo S4's (2000MY which was stolen) along with a 2001 as its replacement. Those were probably the only German cars that I really miss that did not give me any issues other than a water pump if I recall correctly. As for the BMW lineup I also owned a 2001 330ci (overheated twice), along with a 2003 M3 coupe which I loved greatly but again gave me a few issues (Xenon headlight assembly crapped out twice). I always had luck with the Japanese brands though so I decided to go switch back even after owning a 2005 STI along with a 2006 S2K (never an issue with either car). Does not mean I will never switch back but I am at a stage of my life where if I like the design of the car & how it drives & performs & does not give me any issues along with the right deal financailly I will just buy it!

Old 04-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just don't get the 328i if you love cars.
It's like going to a fancy resturant but cheaping out on the drinks.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by lcysimon
Just don't get the 328i if you love cars.
It's like going to a fancy resturant but cheaping out on the drinks.
I hate seeing those 328i. They **** me off. It's like buying a V6 muscle car.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by icrazy2u
I hate seeing those 328i. They **** me off. It's like buying a V6 muscle car.
And yet they are rated #1 in every comparison test they are put into...do you know something hundreds of professional car reviewers don't? And go drive one, I have a strong feeling you'll change your tune.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:55 AM
Originally Posted by thatoneguy
And yet they are rated #1 in every comparison test they are put into...do you know something hundreds of professional car reviewers don't? And go drive one, I have a strong feeling you'll change your tune.
Where do you get your info from? Cause right now your comparing a 328 against a 335... Thats like comparing a is350 with a is-f. And I just don't think there is a tune in typing, its what you make it. These comparison test you looked at must have been a 328, smart car, and a prius. I'm also looking at the cost of making a car faster. A simple chip apposed to buying a TT, turbo, or supercharger for the 328. I'll stick with my G over the 328 anyday. Next your gonna tell me Camaros are number 1 in muscle car performance.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:54 AM
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
then you must have never owned a mercedes or bmw. There is no way a nissan would be less reliable then a bmw or mercedes unless you have the worst built g37 in the world.

the crap electronics mercedes and bmw uses just to save a few pennies is enough to go japanese. Its only recently they started improving in that area, but still behind in terms of reliablity compared to the main brand japanese cars such as a toyota, honda and nissan.

Old 04-09-2011, 03:03 AM
Originally Posted by RMA
You nailed it right on the head! I also previously had a C32 AMG when new back in the day. Had my fun with it & sold it for alomst what I had paid for it 5000 miles later. I also have had 2 Audi bi turbo S4's (2000MY which was stolen) along with a 2001 as its replacement. Those were probably the only German cars that I really miss that did not give me any issues other than a water pump if I recall correctly. As for the BMW lineup I also owned a 2001 330ci (overheated twice), along with a 2003 M3 coupe which I loved greatly but again gave me a few issues (Xenon headlight assembly crapped out twice). I always had luck with the Japanese brands though so I decided to go switch back even after owning a 2005 STI along with a 2006 S2K (never an issue with either car). Does not mean I will never switch back but I am at a stage of my life where if I like the design of the car & how it drives & performs & does not give me any issues along with the right deal financailly I will just buy it!
I love the potential of the b5 s4's, i'm not a fan of the styling. Only reason i didn't get one...i really like the styling of the b6 but there slow as ***** and supercharger was $10k so wasn't worth it to me.

I like the e46 in terms of looks and styling..just wished it had more tq.

I did love the look of shock on 911 carrea, and mustang owners when they thought my c32 was just a regular c-class and they get smoked by 3 car lengths right at the start.

I completely agree with you on your thoughts as well.

Once they fix the HFP issue, it'll probably get a e92 335i CPO of course. I do love the refined power delivery on the mercedes and bmw engines in terms of the BMW I6 and mercedes v8 and v6. There 4 cyclinders are complete crap. I'm hoping to acquire one more property thought before i start dumping money back into a car though.

Old 04-09-2011, 03:12 AM
Originally Posted by Bozo954
Mmmm.......good point. Dinan's like the Stillen of BMWs.

Or, if you prefer, the ALPINA of the entire U.S. market......since those chumps won't let us buy all of what the Euros get - the ALPINA B3s and B5s. What up wit that?

B7s are quite sweet & beastly - saw one about a week ago, up close I WANT ONE!!

That said, icrazy2u, do you think the 335is would be a worthy compromise?

Kinda like M3-quality workmanship minus the 328/335 problem issues noted above? (Thought to self: What is this, a buy-a-bimmer-instead-of-an-Infiniti thread? Disloyal f.....oops, my bad! Finger almost slipped.)

School me. Please.
a 335is is just a earlier 335i engine which is the n54 with factory upped boost and a dct gear box from the e92 m3.

The newer 335i uses a n55 which is a single turbo, which currently has less mod potential then the older n54 engine.

Old 04-09-2011, 05:03 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man! You got lucky or g37 are POS cars... Me and my girl got our cars around the same time tops two months apart bout 3 years ago... Mine 06 g35 hers 08 335i coupe! This is her 3rd German car n 2nd BMW all of them have been a pain in the *** to deal with always something *going wrong with them! This is my second "Nissan" had a maxima before and on both of mine all I had done was what was needed oil change, spark plugs, ac and other belts period! On the other hand hers needed all kinda if things to replace that just broke or just stop working.... I have told her that them cars are such of pain in the *** but she always falls in love with another one! Right now she is looking into getting an x5 or x6 the funny looking suv forget which one it is... Lol ha ha so all I can say is that you are really really lucky! Or she is really really unlucky with cars! And I am not trying to bad mouth BMW beacuse I love driving her cars but I wouldn't want to own one!
But it's always nice to drive one on the weekend!*

Old 04-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
M3 or G37. Those are the two that i would consider if i was in your position. My main concern would be financial reasons as to which one is more expensive to maintain. So i would be leaning towards the G37.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:08 PM
Where do you get your info from? Cause right now your comparing a 328 against a 335... Thats like comparing a is350 with a is-f. And I just don't think there is a tune in typing, its what you make it. These comparison test you looked at must have been a 328, smart car, and a prius. I'm also looking at the cost of making a car faster. A simple chip apposed to buying a TT, turbo, or supercharger for the 328. I'll stick with my G over the 328 anyday. Next your gonna tell me Camaros are number 1 in muscle car performance.
Not comparing a 328 to a 335. And definitely not like comparing an IS350 to an IS-F...and the internet is your friend, before you go and start trying to be a smart ***

328 vs. g37
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...mparison_tests

328 vs. g35
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...5_sport_page_4

328 vert vs. g37 vert

This is just for the e9x generation. In almost every comparison test where there has been a G35 tested against the E46 3 series, it has lost. You stick to thinking that your mad horzepowerz yo! is where it's at. All I gotta say is, I regret not test driving a 328 before I got my G37. I test drove the 335, and that car was utterly amazing, but for an extra 12k more, I decided to stick with the Infiniti. I got my bike for my speed fix. And that is what I should have thought about when I was buying the car. I thought the 328 would be disappointing after the 335 and the G37, but I was wrong. I test drove one a year after I got my G37 and the car drives amazing. The engine feels a million times smoother than the VQ and the throttle is not as abrupt. The clutch is a million times better. It absorbs bumps and imperfections on the road better as well. Other than the obvious lack of horsepower, which any adult really would not miss nor exploit on regular roads, the BMW, in any range of the 3 series, is a dynamically better car.

Every time a comparison is done, same complaints come up for the Infinitis....too much NVH from the engine, disconnected steering, non linear braking, poor clutch engagement...and what do they do every year? Up the horsepower....go figure.

And they do aim it at a certain audience that buys into it that believes that horsepower matter more than anything else.

And I really don't know what Camaros have to do with anything...but I think you belong in one...because hey, it's got 430hp, and that makes it a better car than your G35...and in that regard, then the 306hp Genesis is a better car as well, right?

Old 04-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Not comparing a 328 to a 335. And definitely not like comparing an IS350 to an IS-F...and the internet is your friend, before you go and start trying to be a smart ***

328 vs. g37

328 vs. g35
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...5_sport_page_4

328 vert vs. g37 vert

This is just for the e9x generation. In almost every comparison test where there has been a G35 tested against the E46 3 series, it has lost. You stick to thinking that your mad horzepowerz yo! is where it's at. All I gotta say is, I regret not test driving a 328 before I got my G37. I test drove the 335, and that car was utterly amazing, but for an extra 12k more, I decided to stick with the Infiniti. I got my bike for my speed fix. And that is what I should have thought about when I was buying the car. I thought the 328 would be disappointing after the 335 and the G37, but I was wrong. I test drove one a year after I got my G37 and the car drives amazing. The engine feels a million times smoother than the VQ and the throttle is not as abrupt. The clutch is a million times better. It absorbs bumps and imperfections on the road better as well. Other than the obvious lack of horsepower, which any adult really would not miss nor exploit on regular roads, the BMW, in any range of the 3 series, is a dynamically better car.

Every time a comparison is done, same complaints come up for the Infinitis....too much NVH from the engine, disconnected steering, non linear braking, poor clutch engagement...and what do they do every year? Up the horsepower....go figure.

And they do aim it at a certain audience that buys into it that believes that horsepower matter more than anything else.

And I really don't know what Camaros have to do with anything...but I think you belong in one...because hey, it's got 430hp, and that makes it a better car than your G35...and in that regard, then the 306hp Genesis is a better car as well, right?
LMFAO, I'm not going to take time out of my life to read that cause I saw what you were comparing it too. My statement said, "I hate seeing those 328i. They **** me off. It's like buying a V6 muscle car". When I said V6 muscle car, that means why buy a v6 when muscle cars are made for american muscle 350hp+. So buying a 328 is like buying a v6 mustang, and not the GT. And the GT500 would be the M3, and Super snake would be M6 I guess. So next time YOU try and be a jackass, read first. And I would take a G37 over a 328 anyday no matter what a magazine says LOL.

And you really made yourself look stupid. This is quoted from the 328 vs G37 Sedans one you posted. "The 328i topped just one performance category, but it’s one that is increasing in social if not economic importance—fuel economy". So no, its not faster, not as good as handling... nothing. Also read the comments below the review. Every knows its a bogus review and know a 230hp car doesn't compare to the audi, infiniti, nor the AWD TL.

Try again "smart ***".

And I did read what you said about camaros... they are the worst handling muscle car out. And are overrated by a lot. So pretty much the 328 of the muscle cars LMFAO. Now go back to drinking your prune juice.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:32 AM
LMFAO, I'm not going to take time out of my life to read that cause I saw what you were comparing it too. My statement said, "I hate seeing those 328i. They **** me off. It's like buying a V6 muscle car". When I said V6 muscle car, that means why buy a v6 when muscle cars are made for american muscle 350hp+. So buying a 328 is like buying a v6 mustang, and not the GT. And the GT500 would be the M3, and Super snake would be M6 I guess. So next time YOU try and be a jackass, read first. And I would take a G37 over a 328 anyday no matter what a magazine says LOL.

And you really made yourself look stupid. This is quoted from the 328 vs G37 Sedans one you posted. "The 328i topped just one performance category, but it’s one that is increasing in social if not economic importance—fuel economy". So no, its not faster, not as good as handling... nothing. Also read the comments below the review. Every knows its a bogus review and know a 230hp car doesn't compare to the audi, infiniti, nor the AWD TL.

Try again "smart ***".

And I did read what you said about camaros... they are the worst handling muscle car out. And are overrated by a lot. So pretty much the 328 of the muscle cars LMFAO. Now go back to drinking your prune juice.

I sense a lot of a former Honda owner in you, and you brought your fan boism with you. Good on you. Go jerk off to a poster of Vin Diesel, and come back to the real work when you learn something about cars. And I suggest you take other cars for a spin other than your Nissan you're so ***** deep into. It's a wonderful world of cars out there.

And speaking of Camaros...worst handling muscle car out there? beats the NISMO 370Z around VIR by 3.5 seconds....and all that while weighing 800 lbs more...and you've obviously never driven a Challenger or a Mustang if you think the Camaro handles bad. Live rear axle shift mid corner on a bump apparently means good handling to you. You will not teach anyone here anything. I suggest you read and live more and do less talking.

And reference your quote from that review, it also says this : “What the 328i does better than its peers is combine the ingredients of the perfect sports sedan: driving dynamics and luxury.” You're just a one dimensional nut swinger...nothing more...now go accelerate briskly and drift around corners...or whatever you do with your amazing VQ

Last edited by thatoneguy; 04-10-2011 at 12:38 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2008 328I Coupe or 2008 G37 Coupe?