Old 04-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by g35guy86
This thread went bad pretty quickly
Indeed it did, sorry about that.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:32 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by icrazy2u
Alright, I'm back little lady. I'm done arguing cause all your doing now is looping it. Your just saying stuff you already said before. Hows it feel to get your dumbass handed to you by a 18 year old LMFAO. But seriously, your a dumbass.:biggt humpup:
Hahahahahahaha you didn't hand anyone anything kid, all you did was make yourself look like even more of an idiot by not knowing what you're talking about. People like you give Infiniti owners a bad name. You get an E for effort and providing me with some entertainment at least

Old 04-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
to the op, forget the magazine racing. Just test drive both the 328i and 335i and see which one you like better. If you buy cpo 335i coupes, you can get them for $28-30k which is decently afforable. The 328i isn't much cheaper if you buying them used.

All i have to say, if your going to buy a BMW..MUST SURE YOU HAVE WARRANTY.

Also if your use to the higher steering ratio of japanese cars, make sure you get the active steering option on the BMW or the steering is going to seem heavy to you compared to the g35.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:24 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
I have had 3 Infinitis now and all 3 have been crap. Each time I convince myself that I just got a bad car and they are not all like that. Each time I am proven wrong. I will never get another Infiniti.

Also I travel extensivly for my job (every single week). With that being said, I drive tons and tons of rental cars. Frequently I get G35s and many have issues and they are only 1 or 2 years old. Mazda usually suck as well. By far the best rentals I get (as far as quality and least number of issues) is Mercedes and Hyuandi.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:04 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by thatoneguy

I never said the 328 was a sports car

And reference your quote from that review, it also says this : “What the 328i does better than its peers is combine the ingredients of the perfect sports sedan: driving dynamics and luxury.” You're just a one dimensional nut swinger...nothing more...now go accelerate briskly and drift around corners...or whatever you do with your amazing VQ
Oh my apologies for some odd reason my understanding was that you did since you quoted.. but now i see my bad lol it was a quote of a quote

And lastly, yes, I have driven all the cars I talked about, if I didn't, I wouldn't say anything about them.

And I do have a G37S. And before that I had a G35, also sport package equipped. Nice cars. BMWs are nicer. If Infiniti was that much better, they wouldn't have to cram more features in them and sell them for 10k cheaper. And even with both of those factors in there, BMW still outsells Infiniti 2 to 1.

Tool....
well i have one idea why a BMW that has less features would cost you a good amount more then say an infiniti. it could have something to do with the "free" maintenance that you get while the car is under warranty, the money to pay for that has to come from somewhere right?? i have a buddy that works at Beverly hills BMW so i hear all kind of stories... and once again i am not trying to bad mouth BMW i have a g35 coupe and the wife has a 335i coupe (yeah i know i know) so i get a chance to drive both every day or every other day. I love my G because its mine but yeah your rite the 335 feels a lot better... but everything your saying is pretty much hear say or from car websites or them one or two times you drove one. but you don't own it so u don't see all the bull that bmw's are.. all cars have there faults.. the only thing i dont get is that just like with electronics if you cheap out and go with the cheaper option its just going to end up costing you more down the line when you have to have that lets just say tv fixed.. in your case that cheaper option was the g37 and its been giving you problems.. we went with that bigger flashy tv (335i) and let me tell you its the same problems but cost more just because it is that bigger flashy one... got to love that warranty

so dont think that if/when you get one your car problems will be over. but hey its a BMW so its worth it... lol ha ha that's the way the wife thinks.. bet she would change her mind if she was the one that is always taking the car into the dealer for maintenance/ random problem

Old 04-11-2011, 06:14 AM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
I have had 3 Infinitis now and all 3 have been crap. Each time I convince myself that I just got a bad car and they are not all like that. Each time I am proven wrong. I will never get another Infiniti.

Also I travel extensivly for my job (every single week). With that being said, I drive tons and tons of rental cars. Frequently I get G35s and many have issues and they are only 1 or 2 years old. Mazda usually suck as well. By far the best rentals I get (as far as quality and least number of issues) is Mercedes and Hyuandi.
lol maybe because they are rentals and people beat them to **** cause its a rental and the jerks at the rental places dont care if a car that was just returned from being rented that needs maintenance they will skip that oil change and other things once or twice if someone is trying to rent that car as soon as it comes in...

Old 04-11-2011, 07:22 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
You completely missed the point there boss. ALL of the cars I get are rentals. They all get beat on and treated like crap equally. Why is it only Mazda and Infiniti are the ones that frequently have CEL or other issues? Because both are pooly built with crappy materials.

PS
The G35 sedan falls into the "Full Size" category and I actually have to pay EXTRA to upgrade to the Hyundai Genesis sedan.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:30 AM
335i + Dinan chip = M3 killer. And its less money.
Slap on some replica M3 bumpers, side skirts and M badges, and you'll fit right in here

Old 04-11-2011, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
You completely missed the point there boss. ALL of the cars I get are rentals. They all get beat on and treated like crap equally. Why is it only Mazda and Infiniti are the ones that frequently have CEL or other issues? Because both are pooly built with crappy materials.

PS
The G35 sedan falls into the "Full Size" category and I actually have to pay EXTRA to upgrade to the Hyundai Genesis sedan.
No no I get it. I guess some cars can just take the neglect better then others! I never gotten a G as a rentel, I got a Mazda 6 before but it had like 2k miles on it so it still ran new so I wouldn't know..

Old 04-11-2011, 08:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks, Dude..........all your points are well-taken and I appreciate the input.

Regardless of our preferences, I don't read that anyone is necessarily that BMWs are poorly constructed pieces of crap.

It's like we're comparing the two best A-students - aka splitting hairs - to decide what we wanna spend out hard earned cash on.........and don't anyone start mentioning A-4s, Audi Drive Select option included.

Okaaaaay. I've got G-Coupe w/RAS, but I'm not a glorified front driver that needs mechanical trickery to stay stable, err, complex and expensive trickery that also adds to the bottom line. And why does an RS5 have to cost over $70K?..............but I digress. Over-priced frickin Audis.

All that said, was just at the dealer getting my 30K service, and those IPLs are nice, but also a bit overpriced. I mean, I like the upgrades, but check the current (on newstands) C&D comparo with an 1-Series M and TT RS.

Same performance #s as the G37s: 5.4....0-60 / 13.9 @ 102.9....1/4 Mile (or close to it; don't have mag right here) Seriously. 50K and no - at least - turbo forced-induction? Especially with the new GTR #s? (About 520 HP / 450 lb. ft. )

They could've easily given it 420-440 HP, and way more torque than a maxed-out 3.7 normally aspirated V-6. Are you powertrain tuner cats at Nissan - Infiniti even talking to each other?

Better still, how 'bout AMG-tuned engines, with our new alliance w/MB? Since you guys wanna muck around with the "venerable", almost 20-years old, Nissan VQ engine.

Anyway, I could go on & on. Take it easy.

I'm just saying if you want speed for a little less money go with the 335i. They have been known to have oil issues like the G's too, but all you have to do is get one piece changed every 3 years if it messes up. I like the 335i also cause not to many people have them. All I see is little girls with the g35, and they always have huge dents in them cause they have been re-ended or hit someone. And the 37 doesn't look right and is much slower then the Dinan 335i. So once you buy the Dinan cheap, your done with performance unless you want better handling.

Wow, and the iPL is 49k starting price. Of course the 335i is a much better bang for your buck. The money spent to make a 35/37 as fast as a 335i, you could spend that on M parts. Someone on this forum has a really nice 335i with a some M parts. I'm young, so I took the G35 over the 335i cause insurance was higher on the bmw. Infiniti is a really nice brand, but for speed, go with the 335.

So I'm not roasting Infinity, I'm just a speed guy and "I" like the 335 because of it.
Thanks, TemjinX2. But I need you to get me straight. Try this:

If it were your $$$$$, no M3 in the equation, would you go for the in-between (regarding power and cost) 335is..........or get the Dinan upgrades on the 335 for essentially the same cost?

I lean towards the 335is, but I'm not the mechanical whizzes some you are - nor have I ever owned a BMW, so I like to gather all the pros & cons 'fore I decide.

So, how would you spend your cash?

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
a 335is is just a earlier 335i engine which is the n54 with factory upped boost and a dct gear box from the e92 m3.

The newer 335i uses a n55 which is a single turbo, which currently has less mod potential then the older n54 engine.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:17 PM
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Bozo954
Thanks, Dude..........all your points are well-taken and I appreciate the input.

Regardless of our preferences, I don't read that anyone is necessarily that BMWs are poorly constructed pieces of crap.

It's like we're comparing the two best A-students - aka splitting hairs - to decide what we wanna spend out hard earned cash on.........and don't anyone start mentioning A-4s, Audi Drive Select option included.

Okaaaaay. I've got G-Coupe w/RAS, but I'm not a glorified front driver that needs mechanical trickery to stay stable, err, complex and expensive trickery that also adds to the bottom line. And why does an RS5 have to cost over $70K?..............but I digress. Over-priced frickin Audis.

All that said, was just at the dealer getting my 30K service, and those IPLs are nice, but also a bit overpriced. I mean, I like the upgrades, but check the current (on newstands) C&D comparo with an 1-Series M and TT RS.

Same performance #s as the G37s: 5.4....0-60 / 13.9 @ 102.9....1/4 Mile (or close to it; don't have mag right here) Seriously. 50K and no - at least - turbo forced-induction? Especially with the new GTR #s? (About 520 HP / 450 lb. ft. )

They could've easily given it 420-440 HP, and way more torque than a maxed-out 3.7 normally aspirated V-6. Are you powertrain tuner cats at Nissan - Infiniti even talking to each other?

Better still, how 'bout AMG-tuned engines, with our new alliance w/MB? Since you guys wanna muck around with the "venerable", almost 20-years old, Nissan VQ engine.

Anyway, I could go on & on. Take it easy.

Thanks, TemjinX2. But I need you to get me straight. Try this:

If it were your $$$$$, no M3 in the equation, would you go for the in-between (regarding power and cost) 335is..........or get the Dinan upgrades on the 335 for essentially the same cost?

I lean towards the 335is, but I'm not the mechanical whizzes some you are - nor have I ever owned a BMW, so I like to gather all the pros & cons 'fore I decide.

So, how would you spend your cash?
Just get a 335i thats 2010 or older, thats when they still used the n54. THe 2011 335i uses the n55 and the 335is uses the n54 engine.

Make sure you get the sports package because the sports package for the 335i comes with the oem oil cooler. If not you will experience over heating issues during track level of driving.

Buy a jb ($600)
juice box since its cheaper then the dinan and you make more power. Upgrade the oem intercooler to a larger one for around $400-1000. you'll be basically at around 380-400whp for less then $2k

Just do your research on e90post.com

Old 04-11-2011, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by scrapiron7
Slap on some replica M3 bumpers, side skirts and M badges, and you'll fit right in here

Old 04-11-2011, 11:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bmw is nice... but i think if you drive a lot, it will depreciate faster than infiniti. high mileage European cars are usually less desirable than Japanese car.

i think reliability is also an issue. few friends of mine had E90 all experienced small problems and required their time to visit dealers for warranty. TPM malfunction, window not working, lock not working, and throttle body problems.

however, if i got money and time, i would definitely get a bmw

Old 04-11-2011, 11:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
And speaking of Camaros...worst handling muscle car out there? beats the NISMO 370Z around VIR by 3.5 seconds....and all that while weighing 800 lbs more...and you've obviously never driven a Challenger or a Mustang if you think the Camaro handles bad.
Not sure if you ever been on the VIR. I have with my 636 and there is a really long straight that follows into a blind turn and I can easily hit 160+ on that straight before grabbing onto the binders. Well the Camaro does have almost 100 more horsepower so those 3.5 seconds or whatever you said was because of that long straight and the fact that VIR is more suited for a high horsepower vehicle then just great handling vehicles. Give the Z the same power and it will be a different story. The Nismo 370z pushes some punishing numbers around the slaloms and skid pad. 1.01 G's of grip. The Z is still the better handling car, but the camaro is faster.

Last edited by luvmyzx6r; 04-12-2011 at 12:03 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2008 328I Coupe or 2008 G37 Coupe?