G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

2008 328I Coupe or 2008 G37 Coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 12:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn thatoneguy, you still are being corrected. You should have never woke up and decided to type BS. LMFAO

Old 04-12-2011, 07:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome..........I'll save this for sure, do some more reasearch at that website, though I might need to pick your brain once more. Let's see: Sport-pack, definitely mandatory for me, so I'm covered w/the suspension upgrades / oil cooler. The rest of what you suggest looks like good bang for buck.

Based on when I may buy, I'm cool with 2009s or 2010s for lower mileage reasons - more on that later. But why the N54s and not the newer N55s? Since my research uncovered but one major change (or rework) - single turbo twin scroll N55 vs. twin-turbo N54 - I suspect one has proven more durable/reliable than the other? Power #s are identical, right?

Your quick take would be appreciated, and I'll do more reading on e90post.

A new one is within my price range, but because of what RiversideS13 said below, confidence is high for my 1st move --- to see what good, low mileage CPOs are out there (keeping that 6 year/100K extended warranty in mind): Bmw is nice... but i think if you drive a lot, it will depreciate faster than infiniti. high mileage European cars are usually less desirable than Japanese car.

Reason being, I'm tremendously lucky to only need to drive my G about 6,800/year, with an ole lady that has ordered me - regarding her S8 - to "drive it like you stole it" on weekends to give that V10 a workout. (Her daily driver.....for business; slowwww business. S65 AMG on weekends. Yes. She's a car guy. With NASCAR Nationwide-grade 700+ lb. ft......and a heavy foot. Need I mention HP?).

So I may be tailor-made for a decent CPO, if I can find one.

As always, thanks for sharing the knowledge, homie.

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
Just get a 335i thats 2010 or older, thats when they still used the n54. THe 2011 335i uses the n55 and the 335is uses the n54 engine.

Make sure you get the sports package because the sports package for the 335i comes with the oem oil cooler. If not you will experience over heating issues during track level of driving.

Buy a jb ($600)
juice box since its cheaper then the dinan and you make more power. Upgrade the oem intercooler to a larger one for around $400-1000. you'll be basically at around 380-400whp for less then $2k

Just do your research on e90post.com

Old 04-12-2011, 09:46 AM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Id say 328... Not a fan of the g37. Could also look at the new 1-series bmws. I like the 128i or whatever it is, very sporty with the same engine as the heavier, more expensive 3-series.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by luvmyzx6r
Not sure if you ever been on the VIR. I have with my 636 and there is a really long straight that follows into a blind turn and I can easily hit 160+ on that straight before grabbing onto the binders. Well the Camaro does have almost 100 more horsepower so those 3.5 seconds or whatever you said was because of that long straight and the fact that VIR is more suited for a high horsepower vehicle then just great handling vehicles. Give the Z the same power and it will be a different story. The Nismo 370z pushes some punishing numbers around the slaloms and skid pad. 1.01 G's of grip. The Z is still the better handling car, but the camaro is faster.
Some of the corners the SS has better entry and exit speed, and on others the 370Z does. And the difference is ony 76hp, while the weight difference is 600lbs, hence the hp per lb is only a 4% difference. And I never said the SS was a better handling car, I was just pointing out that it is faster than the 370z. I don't know what your point was, I was very well aware of all those things.

Originally Posted by icrazy2u
Damn thatoneguy, you still are being corrected. You should have never woke up and decided to type BS. LMFAO
Corrected? hardly lol

Now, run along little girl and go play with your dolls, adults are talking.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by thatoneguy
Some of the corners the SS has better entry and exit speed, and on others the 370Z does. And the difference is ony 76hp, while the weight difference is 600lbs, hence the hp per lb is only a 4% difference. And I never said the SS was a better handling car, I was just pointing out that it is faster than the 370z. I don't know what your point was, I was very well aware of all those things.
It's torque not horsepower. Two extra cylinders and a flatter torque band. 150 more lbs of torque to be exact. Because of that much torque, 600 lbs of extra weight is not significant. The point I was making was to show you that the Z is a much better vehicle. The Z handles better, that makes it have better entry. Exit speed depend all on power and grip so the camaro might have the edge there but the Z would have already carried enough speed into the corner to make up for the exit..maybe.

At VIR the Z will dominate in the north section since there are a lot of tight turns but once you hit the straight, bye bye Z and the SS will already have a significant advantage over the Z for it catch up on the other section of VIR.

Let me just throw some number for you just for **** and giggles. (inside line and motortrend)

370Z

0-60 4.7-5 seconds
1/4 12.9 to low 13's
60-0 in 101 feet.... epic
skidpad grip of .99 + g's--- my goodness.
slalom in the range between 70 mph to 74 mph depending on the test and always a few mph faster than the camaro.

To even come close to the numbers the Z is putting out, you'll need the SS with the sport package because the v6 model is a slug. And not to mention you'll need the same money as the Z. And for it to produce close skid pad and slalom, you'll need the v6 model because it's lighter. The SS was also faster than the Porsche Cayman S which is considered one the of the best handling cars, even better than it's big brother the 911 turbo.

Z is for people that appreciate driving dynamics over straight line performance and appreciate quality. It's a superior driving car in all aspects except practicality and is even better for 2012.

To the OP, don't listen to these immature idiots on here. It all depends on you and what you like and your preference in design. BMW makes great cars so do Infiniti's and they all have their stack of problems. I would buy brand new if i had the money and keep till the warranty runs out then sell it. Though being a little bias I will side with Infiniti when it comes to quality and reliability and a great mixture of sport and luxury but if you want all driver than the BMW would be the way to go or get a Z.

Last edited by luvmyzx6r; 04-12-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Corrected? hardly lol

Now, run along little girl and go play with your dolls, adults are talking.
So whos the adult? Cause right now everyone is making you look like a little girl that doesn't know anything about cars. And I'm a guy. Maybe you call guys girls cause your a little sweeter then a skittle. Take yo lying sweet *** to a Denny's and talk to your ricer boyfriends.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:00 PM
It's torque not horsepower. Two extra cylinders and a flatter torque band. 150 more lbs of torque to be exact. Because of that much torque, 600 lbs of extra weight is not significant. The point I was making was to show you that the Z is a much better vehicle. The Z handles better, that makes it have better entry. Exit speed depend all on power and grip so the camaro might have the edge there but the Z would have already carried enough speed into the corner to make up for the exit..maybe.

At VIR the Z will dominate in the north section since there are a lot of tight turns but once you hit the straight, bye bye Z and the SS will already have a significant advantage over the Z for it catch up on the other section of VIR.

Let me just throw some number for you just for **** and giggles. (inside line and motortrend)

370Z

0-60 4.7-5 seconds
1/4 12.9 to low 13's
60-0 in 101 feet.... epic
skidpad grip of .99 + g's--- my goodness.
slalom in the range between 70 mph to 74 mph depending on the test and always a few mph faster than the camaro.

To even come close to the numbers the Z is putting out, you'll need the SS with the sport package because the v6 model is a slug. And not to mention you'll need the same money as the Z. And for it to produce close skid pad and slalom, you'll need the v6 model because it's lighter. The SS was also faster than the Porsche Cayman S which is considered one the of the best handling cars, even better than it's big brother the 911 turbo.

Z is for people that appreciate driving dynamics over straight line performance and appreciate quality. It's a superior driving car in all aspects except practicality and is even better for 2012.

To the OP, don't listen to these immature idiots on here. It all depends on you and what you like and your preference in design. BMW makes great cars so do Infiniti's and they all have their stack of problems. I would buy brand new if i had the money and keep till the warranty runs out then sell it. Though being a little bias I will side with Infiniti when it comes to quality and reliability and a great mixture of sport and luxury but if you want all driver than the BMW would be the way to go or get a Z.
Dude I really don't know what point you're trying to argue here, I never said the SS was a better handling car than the Z. And those numbers you threw at me, was that before or after it crashes into the wall lol And I've driven the Nismo, it is a nice car, but for an every day driver, no thank you. Even in the regular 370Z, the NVH from the engine, combined with the road noise are too much for me for a DD, hence the reason I got the G37, even though it's marginally better.

Originally Posted by icrazy2u
So whos the adult? Cause right now everyone is making you look like a little girl that doesn't know anything about cars. And I'm a guy. Maybe you call guys girls cause your a little sweeter then a skittle. Take yo lying sweet *** to a Denny's and talk to your ricer boyfriends.
I haven't been proven wrong on anything. Maybe you think so because you don't even know what you're writing, and you don't understand the things other people are writing. Like I said, basic reading comprehension is what you require. Plus, you're 18, your opinion means nothing to anyone. You've been driving for 2 years. I've owned more cars than you have driven. Now like I said, go watch the fast and the furious and jerk off to Vin Diesel.

Last edited by thatoneguy; 04-12-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Old 04-12-2011, 08:49 PM
^ Hahahaha

Old 04-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dude I really don't know what point you're trying to argue here, I never said the SS was a better handling car than the Z. And those numbers you threw at me, was that before or after it crashes into the wall lol And I've driven the Nismo, it is a nice car, but for an every day driver, no thank you. Even in the regular 370Z, the NVH from the engine, combined with the road noise are too much for me for a DD, hence the reason I got the G37, even though it's marginally better.

"And speaking of Camaros...worst handling muscle car out there? beats the NISMO 370Z around VIR by 3.5 seconds...."

You were implying that the the Camaro was better than the Z because it got a better time around a track and I argued it.
My point is, once again, the Z is better than the Camaro.

Your g37 is not "marginally" better than the Z. Practically, and quality sure. Everything else it falls short.

Also, I just feel like arguing cars.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:32 PM
"And speaking of Camaros...worst handling muscle car out there? beats the NISMO 370Z around VIR by 3.5 seconds...."

You were implying that the the Camaro was better than the Z because it got a better time around a track and I argued it.
My point is, once again, the Z is better than the Camaro.
Apparently, you need reading comprehension lessons as well...read what I wrote. All I was saying is that the Camaro doesn't handle as bad as that guy up there makes it out to be. I was not implying anything, I was stating that it is faster than the 370Z Nismo, which is Nissans affordable flagship sports car.

And the 370z is better handling than the Camaro, not necessarily a better car, since the criteria for a "better" car is different to everyone. Like I said, there is a reason why I didn't get one as a daily driver.

Your g37 is not "marginally" better than the Z. Practically, and quality sure. Everything else it falls short.
This is what I said
"Even in the regular 370Z, the NVH from the engine, combined with the road noise are too much for me for a DD, hence the reason I got the G37, even though it's marginally better."

So I wasn't implying anything, I was stating a fact, that my G37 is better when it comes to NVH and road noise than the 370z. Wasn't talking about acceleration, handling, braking....at all, at any point...You must be related to icrazy2u because you're arguing things nobody else is talking about.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:45 PM
I haven't been proven wrong on anything. Maybe you think so because you don't even know what you're writing, and you don't understand the things other people are writing. Like I said, basic reading comprehension is what you require. Plus, you're 18, your opinion means nothing to anyone. You've been driving for 2 years. I've owned more cars than you have driven. Now like I said, go watch the fast and the furious and jerk off to Vin Diesel.
Are you stupid? Maybe working around that grease smell to long in McDonalds got your feeling retarded. Cause you are clearly wrong on everything your saying. And thank you for coming out of the closet on a forum you fruit cake. And this 18 year old has driven a Ferrari 430 Spider, R/T Challenger, SRT-8 Challenger, new 5.0, Camaro SS, Porsche, SRT-8 Jeep, EVO 9, and a couple bikes. So yea, all you've ever driven is a Honda civic, if that. And your moms SI doesn't count LMFAO. How old are you, cause you don't seem like a old guy, you seem like a idiot 13 year old.

Forgot to add a M3 Sedan and the new GT-R.

Last edited by icrazy2u; 04-12-2011 at 11:46 PM. Reason: added somthing
Old 04-12-2011, 11:54 PM
^ lol Sweet Forza collection you got kid. I still have owned more cars than you have driven. I've owned more bikes that you have ridden. McDonalds pays pretty good nowadays, but I wipe the grease smell on your mom after every shift, so it's no big deal. An no I'm not a idiot, nor am I an idiot...When you graduate high school, all of this will make sense to you.

Now go away, nobody is impressed by your ability to buy a used entry level luxury car with your mommy's help. She should have upped your allowance $20 a month so you can afford a 335 Also, you are starting to bore me.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:11 AM
^ lol Sweet Forza collection you got kid. I still have owned more cars than you have driven. I've owned more bikes that you have ridden. McDonalds pays pretty good nowadays, but I wipe the grease smell on your mom after every shift, so it's no big deal. An no I'm not a idiot, nor am I an idiot...When you graduate high school, all of this will make sense to you.

Now go away, nobody is impressed by your ability to buy a used entry level luxury car with your mommy's help. She should have upped your allowance $20 a month so you can afford a 335 Also, you are starting to bore me.
So your either older then Egypt, or you just can't drive and have totaled all your cars. And don't try to make people think your straight with that mom joke. And by the way, your mom jokes are played out. And why would I want a 335i if I have to go to UAB everyday. I need a reliable car without fuel pump issues. (UAB = University of Alabama at Birmingham, top medical school in the country) And you talk about my grammar on the Internet GTFO. Ok, lets play that game. You started off not even capitalizing your first word, thats the first thing they teach you pre k you idiot. And if I bore you, just shut the **** up. I'm sure your boring everyone else with your dumbass remarks and false statements. O, and that isn't a Forza collection little man. That's real life.

Your a joke.

Can I get fries with that?

Old 04-13-2011, 12:24 AM
^ yeah, real life of driving other people's cars lol you are soooooo coooooollllllll!!!! Top medical school in the country? So UAB is better than Harvard, Johns Hopkins, Washington University, Yale, Cornell, Mayo Medical College, Baylor and about 20 others? No, definitely not lol talk about false statement. And I'm glad you are getting your college degree, but you don't even have your ****ing undergrad yet Doogie Howser, so congratulations, you got 12 ****ing years to go. Now go change your tampon, it's starting to stink.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2008 328I Coupe or 2008 G37 Coupe?