G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

CarBodyKits/Creative AutoNetwork Experience and Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Received 309 Likes on 210 Posts
CarBodyKits/Creative AutoNetwork Experience and Review

To start off, I got my car back in October, and knew a kit was one of my top items to get. We all know there's several exterior part vendors (Strafe, ARCH, CarBodyKits, CZP, etc.) and each has their own quality of reputation. I finally saved the money to get the parts I wanted, (Kuruma, Impul, Chargespeed), and started asking vendors about pricing and their experience with color matching IP was. Dustin from Strafe and Erik from CBK stood at the top as far as price, experience and customer service. Being the type of guy to give chances to those who don't have the longest standing rep, I went with Eric/CBK/EricisKlumzyee. And here, my experience started.

I ordered:
Replica Poly Kuruma Z
Replica Poly Impul sides
Fiberglass Chargespeed rear w/ their AddCarbon feature to the diffuser

With the order, Eric threw in a free Inven Roof Spoiler, painted and installed, as well as a photoshoot that is soon to come.

Eric told me it would take 1 1/2 to 2 weeks to custom make the rear because they wet lay the CF in-house. That was fine with me, so I went ahead and paid forward the total amount.

About a week flies by and Eric updates me with a pic of the Kuruma, Impul, and Inven pieces.

Another week flies by and I get the call that my parts are ready, and have been dropped off to Creative AutoNetwork in San Gabriel - CarBodyKit's partner bodyshop that paints/installs their parts. The next day I drive up to drop off my car and keys to the manager of the body shop - Bruce. Bruce is a super stand up guy, ran me through the timeline of what/when they would do stuff, warned me about fitment, paint fading, etc. and we parted.

By far the longest wait without my car. I dropped off my car on Saturday, June 25th, and it was done July 8th. Keep in mind, they don't work on weekends, and 4th of July was in the middle of the wait. Total: 8 working bussiness days.

Within the 2 weeks, I asked Eric to snap pics of the progress they made as he dropped by the shop to drop off parts. He obliged and provided me with the pictures and any other questions/requests I had.

Primer:

Paint and wet sand:

Eric called me July 7th to tell me my car was done, and I scrambled to find a ride up to San Gabriel the next morning so I would have my car in time for the HB meet.

I got up there early Friday morning, met Bruce, and he told me wait half an hour. When your car is all ready, the minute you get there, they drop whatever they're doing to wash and detail your car (wash, polish, wax), so you can get to wherever you need to be, in my case, work. Bruce also helped me wrap and load my OEM parts into the separate cars and made sure nothing wrecked the interior. Oh, and also fixed my trunk liner with the universal pins that connect the liner to the trunk itself.

I didn't want to get in their way, so I checked out the car from a distance. I could tell the paint was p.e.r.f.e.c.t. I did wash, clay, light polish, and wax my car before dropping it off to the shop. This could be why the match was so perfect, but I will give endless credit to Creative AutoNetwork, Bruce, and his guys for the amazing paint job. They take extreme car of your car, and even backing out of the shop, if your car is low, they make sure to not scrape any of your parts on their insane driveway.

I wasn't able to check out the real fitment of the parts until the next morning at the HB meet.

So I drove home, extremely happy. My friend who drove me up there even took Bruce's card for future work on his car.

The next day at the HB meet, I cruised with the IE caravan. I got there early, and nearly the second I stepped out of the car, I had a couple guys who got there just before me and after me ask who I got my parts from and who did the body work - comments on how perfect the paint was and better than usual fitment. At the meet itself, it was almost hard to get away from being around my car because, again, people were asking so much about the fitment, paint, who did it all, etc. I was shocked, so I finally took a minute to look at the fitment and paint myself. It was uh.mazing. I gave away 3 cards to Creative AutoNetwork/Bruce and Eric/CBK's number to two people as well who asked for their information. There were only 2 remarks I had about the fitment: passenger side of the Kuruma where it meets the fender, and the sideskirts sit a little low. But, the sideskirts have the same gap so it looks uniform anyways, but it's not even remotely major. The Chargespeed rear is absolute perfection. The CF is perfect, no breaks in the weave, overlapping, fading, etc.

Fitment:
Kuruma: 9.8/10
Impul Sides: 9.9/10 after re-evaluation.
Chargespeed Rear: 10/10

The Inven roof spoiler is about 3/8" off on the sides where it meets the roof. I need to call Eric, as he know how to install it correctly, and I will get back to the fitment on that. Paint is perfect on that as well though.

In conclusion, regardless of resurrected threads regarding disputes between EricisKlumzyee, and what seems to be recent vendor drama conflicts, Eric has provided the best customer service I've ever come in contact with. He's answered all my questions in an insanely quick manner (he's usually up till 3am an back up at 8am everyday it seems like), and fullfill any special requests I had along the way. Our relationship hasn't ended as I'm sure I'll be a returning customer. Can't thank you enough Eric.

Customer Service: 10/10
Fitment: 9.7/10
Paint: 10/10 via Creative AutoNetwork

Last note: Tons of fitment pictures will follow this post, as well as a professional photoshoot to come in the following weeks. PM me or post any questions, I'll be happy to answer. Any picture requests? I'll take those as well.

I'll ask of the mods to lightly watch this thread, not sure if there could be touchy posts popping up. Thank you.

Enjoy.

Last edited by DrewDrew; 07-13-2011 at 12:54 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:43 PM

Last edited by DrewDrew; 07-12-2011 at 06:50 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Very good review. Nice car too

Old 07-12-2011, 08:27 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 239 Likes on 159 Posts
awesome =DDD if anyone has any questions on paint and install contact me through PM or directly. And check out the threads below. We get an amazing price from the bodyshop and we pass that right to you guys!

https://g35driver.com/forums/exterio...dori-more.html

https://g35driver.com/forums/souther...d-install.html

=) I posted some teasers of your parts too.. Car came out amazing and thank you again for the wonderful review. I have some amazing ideas for a shoot as soon as our photographer frees up =)

- Eric
626-592-3103

Last edited by BAUSauto; 07-12-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm about to order some stuff from Eric. Thanks for the review

Old 07-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome results Eric is awesome he Helped me out as well closed on sat and Sunday but made it happen so I could get my bumper on a Saturday.

Luv this guy (no homo)

Old 07-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Eric is grea at his job. I ordered some rims n he kept me updated n wen ever I called him he would answer. I'll definitely b buyin more parts from cbk

Old 07-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by CarBodyKits
I have some amazing ideas for a shoot as soon as our photographer frees up =)
wooo. let me know so I can request off the appropriate amount of time. I seem to work all day errday.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:12 AM
Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
great review man!

Old 07-13-2011, 12:44 AM
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Paint match is A1 but fitment on those sides is PERFECT. and thats a hard thing to come by, most aftermarket sides are far from even acceptable, and nowhere near OEM fitment. Stand up job by both CarBodyKits and your body shop. but 9 days D4MN! i would go nuts without my car for 9 days.

Looks great man. Nice ride.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by CharlesHubular
Paint match is A1 but fitment on those sides is PERFECT. and thats a hard thing to come by, most aftermarket sides are far from even acceptable, and nowhere near OEM fitment. Stand up job by both CarBodyKits and your body shop. but 9 days D4MN! i would go nuts without my car for 9 days.

Looks great man. Nice ride.
I was really going insane by day 6. Hours felt like days, and the drive back up felt like a week.

I will say this. When I got back from the HB meet, I noticed the fitment was better than when I left the body shop the day before (roughly 115 miles). Not sure if body parts are like spring and coil drops, but it appears the parts settled in and fitment became even better. I did notice, and even the pics show now, the sides fitting much better than what I remember looking at on friday.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:54 AM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Not bad fitment is pretty good.. u need 06 headlights now..

Old 07-13-2011, 01:36 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sounds like a great experience for you. The end result looks great... Nice work!!!

Old 07-13-2011, 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by Frankieg35
Not bad fitment is pretty good.. u need 06 headlights now..
they're on the list. lot's of things on the list. haha. modding comes by the paycheck.

Old 07-13-2011, 02:10 AM
mao
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Pics doesn't do this car justice; cruised with him to BJ after the HB meet, car looked real good.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CarBodyKits/Creative AutoNetwork Experience and Review