G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 Coupe Uncomfortable Driver's Seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 04:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry G35 Coupe Uncomfortable Driver's Seat

[B]Hey everybody. I'm new to this forum, and just like everyone else I wish to find some answers here.

I have a 2003 G Coupe and I absolutely love it. The only problem that I have with it, is my seat. 80% of all times it is EXTREMELY uncomfortable.

-- First off for some reason Infiniti engineers thought that everyone's shoulder span should be no more than 10 inches long, becuase this is, leterally, how much back space you have. This tends to get very uncomfortable in rides longer than 15-20 minutes. My back is NEVER firly against the seat. It's merely against 2 curved sides of the seat.

-- Another problem is (for the lack of knowing a better way to describing this) the 2 curved parts of your seat on both sides, especially the right one, where your seat rises up , or buckets up, or whatever you wanna call it, I hope you guys understand, is impossible to move your legs around, almost. Because of a such poor support to one's body, my back often cramps up after 20 minutes or so, and sometimes my leg (right one) starts hurting.

Would anyone please tell me if you have any problems like these whatsoever or anything resembling these problems. And is there anything that can be done, like cushions, supports, so on, in order to fix this problem.

Thank you.

Old 12-14-2004, 05:02 AM
seems to me you need to not have a very wide body for it. personally i like the seat, since i basically am the exact size it contours for . but i do understand that they should have made it adjustable or something. my much larger friend who is about 6'2 240, said he absolutely hated the seats in the car.

Old 12-14-2004, 05:18 AM
I'm 5'11" 195 and the seats fit me perfectly. At first, the seat was awkward but as I drove more and changed the seat position to my specs, it couldn't get any more comfortable. However, my 2001 maxima se had some bad seats. Decent support for sedan seats but my lower back would constantly be in pain.

Old 12-14-2004, 06:18 AM
I actually found another thread @ https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...=uncomfortable

Looks like people have been talking about this issue for a long time

Old 12-14-2004, 07:33 AM
Banned
5'8" 175lbs - the seats are very comfortable, in fact I have been told by many people of high end cars that have sat in my car that the seats are awesome.

Perhaps you are a bit large for the car?

Old 12-14-2004, 12:36 PM
5'11" - 150lbs.

For me, the seat is just right...Unless I'm wearing a jacket. With a jacket on, I have a hard time leaning back into the back frame cushion. The lumbar adjuster helps a little, but not a lot. It's a little too high for me.

I think that the seat is so small because it was originally designed mainly for the Japanese market. Agree, disagree, whichever...but in my experience many Japanese are smaller in their body frame, though that is changing with the younger generation (25 yrs and under). I have lived in Japan, and have found this to be true of many (not all) of the JDM seats. R32 seats were like sitting in a glove.

Also, I think the word your looking for is "bolster". i.e. Shoulder Bolster or Leg Bolsters.

Just my $0.02

Old 12-14-2004, 01:20 PM
I love the seats, except.....it feels like there is something hard that pokes into might right leg. I think it may be the power seat controls (inside the bolster). I thought this might be normal, but does anyone else feel the same thing? I'm 5'11, 185 lbs, so I don't think it's my size.

Old 12-14-2004, 01:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Seats fit me just fine.

Infiniti has one of the most comfortable seats imho.

Old 12-14-2004, 02:01 PM
I too experience lower back pain. I am getting used to it, but find it annoying. My lower back is always stiff when I drive it. I am 5'9 and about 178 lbs.

Old 12-14-2004, 02:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a problem in the beginning (6'2" 195lbs) but then I removed my wallet. Made all the difference in the world.

Old 12-14-2004, 02:13 PM
Lately I've noticed a burning sensation on the front of my right hip when I'm driving mine. Right about the spot where I keep my wallet. It started right about the time that I got my Mobile gas card bill and first car payment in the mail.

Seriously though, I think the seats are great, but I'm a smaller guy. I've heard a lot of guys (bigger guys) complain about a lot of other japanses sports cars (WRX, Civic, S2000, Eclipse), and while I agree that shoulder comfort can be an issue, most of the guys I hear complain (not all) have fat asses and guts.

When ever one of my fat bodied friends complains about sitting in my japanese sports cars, I tell them to try a salad next time.

Of course, if you're just muscled, then please ignore my derogatory comments.

Old 12-14-2004, 02:16 PM
6' .75" and 200lbs.

Hugs my upper-butt cheeks just a tad bit too much. Other than that not too bad. I give it a 8.5 out of 10.

Old 12-14-2004, 05:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mrmcderm
When ever one of my fat bodied friends complains about sitting in my japanese sports cars, I tell them to try a salad next time.
I know you're joking, but if you're not, that's actually a good way to get your car keyed You'd be surprised at what kinds of stuff I saw people do in the parking lot back when I was in college....

Old 12-14-2004, 07:04 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by avs007
You'd be surprised at what kinds of stuff I saw people do in the parking lot back when I was in college....
You'd be surprised at what I would do to the person I hunted down for committing said act, lol.

I'm 5'8" 175 and find the seats comfortable. There is truth to removing your wallet for some added comfort.

Old 12-14-2004, 07:17 PM
I love the seats. I DO think that the seat controls are a little too far to the left, so my right leg has to rest too far over up/against the right bolster to line up well with the gas pedal, but other than that, the seat feels like a big warm hug every time I drive the G.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Coupe Uncomfortable Driver's Seat