G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Motordyne Tdx and ARK exhaust owners!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2011 | 08:03 PM
|
Exclamation Motordyne Tdx and ARK exhaust owners!

i plan on buying an exhaust in the next 3 weeks or so and i have narrowed my choice to these 2. So do u guys mind telling me more about the exhaust since you guys have herd them in person(youtube=no justice) so yea if u dont mind just tell me about the loudness and the tone and the quality and all that good stuff (Basically like a little review) this would really help me out alot!!! thanks!

Old 11-28-2011 | 08:04 PM
|
TDX2!! i mean

The following users liked this post:
juan350gt (12-01-2011)
Old 11-28-2011 | 08:09 PM
I had an interest in the ARK setup as well. Curious on the sound/performance/quality aspects of this exhaust as well....

Old 11-28-2011 | 08:10 PM
well.. the ark exhaust goes vroom vroom..!! but the TDX2 is more of a like VROOM VROOM ..!!

haha.. sorry mang.. don't have any experience with either..

juan350gt (12-01-2011)
Old 11-28-2011 | 08:58 PM
tdx v2 is the **** no justice unless ur up close and personal my friends tell me thats one of the best exhaust notes they have ever heard. Mind i tell u they drive bimmers and audis with way more money put into there cars! I call it the japanese mustang cuz it sound like a tuned v8. Get it! Talk to Tony at motordyne hands down best service thus far of g35driver vendors!!

juan350gt (12-01-2011)
Old 11-28-2011 | 09:00 PM
agreed^

Old 11-28-2011 | 09:19 PM
Motordyne is pretty much top of the line... However, knowing this, I still decided to grab the Ark exhaust, just based on looks lol. To be honest, the performance differences are likely not going to be noticed for someone like me, who does not race. I daily drive my G, and the Ark gives the G a big "wow" factor in terms of aesthetic appeal. It sounds mean, and it looks wonderful.

I have some pictures of it Here. Go ahead and ignore the irrelevant pictures...

I have an HD video up on youtube. You can put it up to 1080p. (Video includes an iso thermal spacer; I'm not sure how much it affected the noise, to be honest; I installed them virtually the same time. I did the exhaust at night after work, and only test drove it a little and then did the iso thermal in the following morning. I do have some footage of it at night without the spacer. I'll see if I can post those up at your request. But for now:

The exhaust really looks wonderful in person. It might hurt your ears, though... I'll be honest... Regardless, I love it.
Go Motordyne if you want more performance, though.

Last edited by ThatOneDude; 11-28-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old 11-28-2011 | 09:25 PM
G35 Sedan
Premier Member
The sound of the tdx2 with art pipes is second to none

Old 11-28-2011 | 09:30 PM
Also note that you won't really get accurate examples of sound if you don't have great speakers, but I did my best to capture in HD. It sounds pretty much dead-on to me. But take JAE's word for it, I bet the TDX2 sounds better. Just in my opinion, the sound of the Ark is still acceptable, but adds eye candy. So, depends what you want more.

Old 11-28-2011 | 09:35 PM
I have the ARK V2 with BERK HFC. There's quite a bit of rasp caused by the Berks. I didn't have my ARK on when i had stock cats, so i don't know what it's like with stock cats. The rasp isn't a huge deal to me, i don't really notice it unless i really floor it. I'm getting ART pipes soon, so i'll see how that changes the rasp. I'm not expecting it to go away though.

x2 on the ARK looking mean and aggressive.

I've had issues twice with the ARK and having to go back under the car to adjust things because some of the fitment is pretty tight, and if it isn't exactly right, you'll have problems, see my thread:

https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-...2-exhaust.html

Old 11-28-2011 | 09:35 PM
Adding a deeper but tolerable note while giving an improvement in both looks and performance makes any exhaust more appealing. I think ARK would probably suit my needs......

SofaKingG (11-28-2011)
Old 11-28-2011 | 10:57 PM
I have the ARK Grip and I love it!!!!! Sounds awesome. A little loud at first because I wasnt use to it.

I fell in LOVE all over again.

Plus I'm going for looks more than anything. Happy Hunting!!!

Old 11-28-2011 | 11:52 PM
|
Talking

Thanks alot guys! i plan on going with the TDX2 if i have the $ and if not i will go with the ARK!

Old 11-29-2011 | 09:08 PM
i havent had experience with the tdx2.... but i have had my ARK on 2 different Gs. FIrst with: just a plenum spacer, then later added a kinetix hfc. Second with Test pipes and a Kinetix Manifold. To be honest its actually quiet compared to most exhausts with no other work like tps or HFC. but once i added that it gave it the extra roar i was looking for. The video above is a very good rendition of what it sounded like with stock cats. I honestly wouldnt trade it for anything.... if had offers for it many times. Its the perfect amount of loud with a great tone (not raspy or tin can like). offers great range from low rmps to high, meaning it almost has a personality, as weird as that sounds, its deep at the bottom, bellows in the middle, and screams at the top, instead of just being loud and screaming all the time. but what surprised me the most was the little amount of drone that was produced under load. Great exhaust!!!
I also have V1. Not sure what changed in the newer version, but as far as aftermarket exhausts go it really is not loud comparatively like some of the above state

Old 11-29-2011 | 11:54 PM
|
Originally Posted by CantDieLS
i havent had experience with the tdx2.... but i have had my ARK on 2 different Gs. FIrst with: just a plenum spacer, then later added a kinetix hfc. Second with Test pipes and a Kinetix Manifold. To be honest its actually quiet compared to most exhausts with no other work like tps or HFC. but once i added that it gave it the extra roar i was looking for. The video above is a very good rendition of what it sounded like with stock cats. I honestly wouldnt trade it for anything.... if had offers for it many times. Its the perfect amount of loud with a great tone (not raspy or tin can like). offers great range from low rmps to high, meaning it almost has a personality, as weird as that sounds, its deep at the bottom, bellows in the middle, and screams at the top, instead of just being loud and screaming all the time. but what surprised me the most was the little amount of drone that was produced under load. Great exhaust!!!
I also have V1. Not sure what changed in the newer version, but as far as aftermarket exhausts go it really is not loud comparatively like some of the above state
Thanks, but yea im still on the fence about the tdx2 or the ark v2, does the Ark have that exotic tone or the ricer tone to it becuase im going for a nice loud sound But not to loud. and also how about the quality and looks?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Motordyne Tdx and ARK exhaust owners!