G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Depressing day

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 12:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Depressing day

I bought my G35 a little over a year ago. I had issues with my right rear tire losing air so I went back and they mentioned they found a hairline crack and repaired it. Time passes and i have issues again. I put it off for a while due to money constraints and just fill it with air when needed. I put it up on a lift today to fix some loose screws on my valence and because the tire was getting worse. Took a look at my rim trying to find a leak. Nothing around the valve stem or anywhere on the outside. Take a look inside......the worst weld job I've ever seen along a crack.

I really can't afford to be replacing rims at the moment, so it's a pretty depressing day. I'm on my factory 19s and love them.

Anyone in the RI/MA area I definitely DO NOT recommend ever buying a car from International Motor Group in Warwick, RI. I had nothing but problems with them

Old 01-14-2012, 12:18 PM
Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Sorry to hear about your experience, I hope everything works out for you in the end and soon. It's no good to be driving around with a cracked wheel.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:21 PM
Looking around right now trying to get the cheapest price I can on a single rear 19 Rays rim. Even prices that are admittedly low are just out of my range at the moment. I was taking it to hopefully only have to replace the valve stem or something. I had tested it all myself, but still had hope there was no crack. Looks like I have a bit of going outside to see my tire sitting at 25psi and having to raise it up.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts
How much are you looking to pay for a 19" Ray's wheel?

Old 01-14-2012, 12:34 PM
Cheapest I've come across is $315 shipped so far. That's plenty reasonable I understand. It's more of a bad time for something like this to be taken care of. I kinda just wanted to knock the place publicly and vent a bit

Old 01-14-2012, 12:43 PM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts
There's a guy in Charlotte on craigslist selling two rear rays for 320 and would probably take around 270 for them. Not sure about shipping or if he would separate the rims. They have been on CL for a while though and he might be willing to. Just a thought.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by MADtotheA
There's a guy in Charlotte on craigslist selling two rear rays for 320 and would probably take around 270 for them. Not sure about shipping or if he would separate the rims. They have been on CL for a while though and he might be willing to. Just a thought.
Gave it a look, but was unable to find them. I'm admittedly not very good at CL.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Maggot
Gave it a look, but was unable to find them. I'm admittedly not very good at CL.
Here it is...

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/pts/2715203167.html

Old 01-14-2012, 01:01 PM
I'll shoot him an email to see if he still has them. Thanks.

If he's looking to still sell them and would split I could probably swing it. 270 for both I'd have to try and pull something together

Old 01-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts
I've got 3 Ray's 19"s that ill part out. Just PM me an offer with shipping

Old 01-14-2012, 05:36 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
That sucks man... with the rim being cracked like that, it could even turn into a safety issue if the crack continues to spread... imagine the calamity of a rim completely splitting in half on you at highway speed? That would probably damage the body of your car too, even if you were able to safely stop the vehicle without incident.

Where are you at in SE Mass?

Old 01-14-2012, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by ilovez33
I've got 3 Ray's 19"s that ill part out. Just PM me an offer with shipping
Truthfully I don't even know what to offer as I don't really know what they normally go for. Searching around here it seems I was thinking a bit too pricey for them seeing what some sets have gone for.

Originally Posted by partyman66
That sucks man... with the rim being cracked like that, it could even turn into a safety issue if the crack continues to spread... imagine the calamity of a rim completely splitting in half on you at highway speed? That would probably damage the body of your car too, even if you were able to safely stop the vehicle without incident.

Where are you at in SE Mass?
I'm like 15 mins out of Providence toward Fall River. I've put calls into a couple buddies with shops. Mostly gotten a no and to just buy 4 new rims. Even had one guy show me all his work and try to talk me into putting 20s on it. I have someone else asking someone tonight to see if he could get his hands on one.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:20 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Just take a deep breath and be happy you know what's wrong. The worst feeling is when something is wrong and you don't know what it is. I hate when something is wrong and I can't pinpoint it.

BTW, www.car-part.com is a great source for searching used yards in your area. I used it when working in the autobody industry. You may find a better, local price.

Old 01-15-2012, 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by HeelToeSTi
Just take a deep breath and be happy you know what's wrong. The worst feeling is when something is wrong and you don't know what it is. I hate when something is wrong and I can't pinpoint it.

BTW, www.car-part.com is a great source for searching used yards in your area. I used it when working in the autobody industry. You may find a better, local price.
Ya I actually took a nap to get over the stressful day lol. Thanks for the site, never heard of it

There's actually one on there much cheaper. I'll expand my area a bit and see what else is there

Last edited by Maggot; 01-15-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:08 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by Maggot
I'm like 15 mins out of Providence toward Fall River. I've put calls into a couple buddies with shops. Mostly gotten a no and to just buy 4 new rims. Even had one guy show me all his work and try to talk me into putting 20s on it. I have someone else asking someone tonight to see if he could get his hands on one.
I live in the Raynham/Taunton area. Not a great place to have a G35 this time of year, but just fine during the warmer months.

You could always put some calls into the local junkyards and see if anyone has a car with a rim like yours.... it's unlikely, but worth a shot if you have the time do make the calls.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Depressing day