G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Crack in dashboard

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 10:53 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by cvipgo
Infiniti's has dash cracking issue across the models fx, gs etc but it's been serious in some cases. It's nothing to do with California's shake & bake climate. Infiniti issued a while back courtesy alert to replace dashes in fxs.
It's true about the FXs having dashes replaced. However trying to get the G dash replaced is another story. I've already filed a complaint about my inside door panel cracking with zero luck. The materials used by Nissan/Infiniti are absolutely inferior with problems accross the line. Even the brand new Gs are having issues with the dye on the steering wheel coming off the the owner's hands. Infiniti will replace the steering wheel but ONLY ONE TIME! Fit and finish has been a constant problem for years for the Nissan line but totally unacceptable on a Luxury Brand. Lexus would have definitely stepped up to the plate to resolve an issue such as this.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:38 PM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by bocatrip
It's true about the FXs having dashes replaced. However trying to get the G dash replaced is another story. I've already filed a complaint about my inside door panel cracking with zero luck. The materials used by Nissan/Infiniti are absolutely inferior with problems accross the line. Even the brand new Gs are having issues with the dye on the steering wheel coming off the the owner's hands. Infiniti will replace the steering wheel but ONLY ONE TIME! Fit and finish has been a constant problem for years for the Nissan line but totally unacceptable on a Luxury Brand. Lexus would have definitely stepped up to the plate to resolve an issue such as this.
You need to Google Lexus Dash Cracking. I immediately found a 14 page thread about similar problems to those described above. You will find that Lexus does not just replace everyone's dash particularly if the car is out of warranty. Even if the car is just out of warranty they will do a goodwill replacement but charge the vehicle owner for labor which can run as high as $600. High mileage vehicles you pay full price $1100.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BlkCoupe
You need to Google Lexus Dash Cracking. I immediately found a 14 page thread about similar problems to those described above. You will find that Lexus does not just replace everyone's dash particularly if the car is out of warranty. Even if the car is just out of warranty they will do a goodwill replacement but charge the vehicle owner for labor which can run as high as $600. High mileage vehicles you pay full price $1100.
lol! not here in PR. Over here its completely free of charge no matter what mileage.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:55 PM
With regards to Lexus warranties, each dealership might be diffierent as well as the relationship you have with the service manager, but regardless they are still way more flexible than Infiniti or most other luxury brands.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:12 AM
With regards to Lexus warranties, each dealership might be diffierent as well as the relationship you have with the service manager, but regardless they are still way more flexible than Infiniti or most other luxury brands.
lol! In this case the parts and service manager is my father. He thought that in Infiniti it would have been the same, but it seems that its not. Lol! I'm going to get so screwed on the dash estimate. I mean they quoted me $1700 to change lower control arms in there while I had my father order me some from a 350z in one of the dealers he is parts & manager on (Nissan) and had it done for $398 w/ labor included. Can't imagine what they'll say with the dash.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:54 PM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Dani01c
lol! In this case the parts and service manager is my father. He thought that in Infiniti it would have been the same, but it seems that its not. Lol! I'm going to get so screwed on the dash estimate. I mean they quoted me $1700 to change lower control arms in there while I had my father order me some from a 350z in one of the dealers he is parts & manager on (Nissan) and had it done for $398 w/ labor included. Can't imagine what they'll say with the dash.
Wow something is really wrong here...the MSRP for lower control arms both sides would be about $466. The online price would be $350. So your saying they were going to charge you $1200 to change them. Infiniti charges approximately $100 per hour for labor so that would be for 12 hrs of service????

Old 10-22-2012, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by neo_anderson302
Here's my line

I noticed that line shortly after I purchased my car new. I went to the dealership and observed the same line on the new cars as well.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:35 AM
Originally Posted by BlkCoupe
Wow something is really wrong here...the MSRP for lower control arms both sides would be about $466. The online price would be $350. So your saying they were going to charge you $1200 to change them. Infiniti charges approximately $100 per hour for labor so that would be for 12 hrs of service????
well the thing is they wanted to also change upper control arms when all I had was worn bushings in the lower control arms. So they had all upper and lower control arms included in the estimate. Instead I had my father order some lower control arms from a 350z and had everything with labor and tax done by $398.00

Old 10-24-2012, 11:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
pretty common with that type of material sitting in the sun all day... just plan on replacing it if it really bothers you

Old 10-27-2012, 01:58 AM
Man i cant believe how bad there customer service is i call on 10/20/2012 regarding my infiniti q45 because my dash was cracking by the airbag i told them that they replace the dash back on 2008 when it had 29500 miles now it has 47000 and its happening again.. I got a called today saying that they are not going to replace it because they said it was wear and tear the car is my weekend car garage all the time this is ridiculous i will not buy another infiniti i guess its time for my lexus 760...

The following users liked this post:
bocatrip (10-29-2012)
Old 10-29-2012, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by gotg?
Man i cant believe how bad there customer service is i call on 10/20/2012 regarding my infiniti q45 because my dash was cracking by the airbag i told them that they replace the dash back on 2008 when it had 29500 miles now it has 47000 and its happening again.. I got a called today saying that they are not going to replace it because they said it was wear and tear the car is my weekend car garage all the time this is ridiculous i will not buy another infiniti i guess its time for my lexus 760...
I too would never purchase another Nissan/Infiniti product do to the the extremely poor fit and finish and inferior quality of parts. I own my car for 9 years and it is constantly garaged with 50,000 miles. Dashboard cracking,steering wheel peeling,rubber seals cracking, seat cushions disintegrating,and seat leather/vinyl splitting and tearing. Not acceptable for a luxury brand.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:28 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I too would never purchase another Nissan/Infiniti product do to the the extremely poor fit and finish and inferior quality of parts. I own my car for 9 years and it is constantly garaged with 50,000 miles. Dashboard cracking,steering wheel peeling,rubber seals cracking, seat cushions disintegrating,and seat leather/vinyl splitting and tearing. Not acceptable for a luxury brand.
do you think other luxury cars don't have this issue after 9 years? Search on line and you will find yourself in Quandary.

Old 10-30-2012, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I discovered this just last week. Mine is a 2005 G35X with 105,500 miles.

Attached Thumbnails Crack in dashboard-img_20121027_142928.jpg   Crack in dashboard-img_20121027_142938.jpg  
Old 10-30-2012, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by MrVo
I discovered this just last week. Mine is a 2005 G35X with 105,500 miles.
I wish mine had only that.... I think I'd feel much better...

Old 12-17-2012, 08:17 PM
My 05 G35 with only 24 K Miles, now has the dash cracking. The car is garage kept except when I take it to work when it always has a wind shield sun shade. Black Magic Professional Protectant has been always used to protect the dash from any drying /cracking. My sales man that still works there said to call corporate Infiniti 1-800-662-6200 and file a complaint. I did, and today I went to my Dealer and had pictures taken. My hopes is that Infiniti will fix it on so sort of recall. I've heard the FX35 is having the same problem. Has anyone had this problem resolved?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Crack in dashboard