G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My G35 got egged...Just got it back from the bodyshop.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 04:51 AM
Received 105 Likes on 13 Posts
Talking My G35 got egged...Just got it back from the bodyshop.

So I'm currently deployed. I get an email from my wife one day which is a bit out of the norm. The subject line simply says =( ... I open the email and read that she parked our G35 coupe on the street for a few quick minutes while stopping by our house quickly between school and going to a friend's house. During this short period of time, our car was the victim of what seems to be a drive-by egging. Some little punk *** kids hit it with half a dozen eggs or so all down the drivers side of the car. My wife washed all the egg off almost immediately after it happened, but the eggs still caused tons of damage, some of which chipped the paint all the way to the metal. I had no idea eggs could do this sort of damage, but I guess now I know. We filed a claim with USAA (Who are awesome people BTW) and got an estimate done. I was amazed eggs did almost $1,700 dollars worth of damage, but that's what the estimate said. We took it to this amazing body shop in San Diego and had it all fixed up. They did a great job, and I will definitely be returning to them for anything I need done paint or body wise. Here are a few pics...

Here are a few shots of the damage. There were marks like this all down the drivers side of the car:

Here is the finished product. The body shop did a full detail and buff on the entire car and really did a great job:

These were sent to me from the body shop the day it was finished. I wanted to be there to give the car a once over before it was picked up, but currently my situation doesn't exactly allow me to do that. The guy from he body shop knew this, and just sent me these without my asking, which I thought was really cool of them. I found out they also put them on their website, which explains why they made sure to get their shop's name in the background of a few of the pics. Hey business is business I guess. They are good people none the less and do amazing work. The color matching they did was the best I've ever seen.

Cost me a $500 deductible, and lots of *** pain but whatever I guess. Lesson learned; Park in garage only from now on.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:55 AM
Received 140 Likes on 129 Posts
Looks good!

Old 04-06-2012, 05:17 AM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Glad it worked out but The Billiet gots to go

The following 2 users liked this post by sharkcityG:
Blue Dream (04-06-2012), rockstar1292 (04-06-2012)
Old 04-06-2012, 06:30 AM
Originally Posted by sharkcityG
Lol. Yeah man I know. I have been keeping an eye out for a Gialla/JDM Style Grille already painted in DG but they are hard to come by it seems. Soon as I can pick one up the billet is gone. My wife loves the "bling" though, and I'll have to do the install in the middle of the night or something before she knows I'm trashing that ****.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks
good. That sucks.
+100 on the grill gotago

Old 04-06-2012, 09:02 AM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
That's a tough way to find about how destructive eggs can be to our painted surface....Ouch! Nice looking coupe, I'm sure you wife enjoys driving it. Check out IONIC on our MARKETPLACE, they're the best place to get a Gialla grille. Jose will even have it painted for you for far less than your local body shop. Get home soon....Gary

Old 04-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
+1 million

Old 04-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Outch, where in san diego were u egged if u dont mind me by asking? bc the same thing happened to a few of my friends in Mira Mesa.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yaa Eggs are like acid to cars.....they do alot of damage to the paint...I live in Boston and for Halloween i keep my coupe inside my garage due to a tradition these punks have with egging anything in sight including nice cars

Old 04-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by JERIICO
Outch, where in san diego were u egged if u dont mind me by asking? bc the same thing happened to a few of my friends in Mira Mesa.
^^^^Holy **** man when was this? I live in Mira Mesa and that's exactly where this happened??? I filed a police report online and the cops wouldn't even come out to look at the damage.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
damn....those lips....

Old 04-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Silver tiburon
^^^^Holy **** man when was this? I live in Mira Mesa and that's exactly where this happened??? I filed a police report online and the cops wouldn't even come out to look at the damage.
yeah my friends car got egged twice. and all the cars in his neighborhood did too. He lives on Flanders and i guess thats where they tend to go. From what he told me theyre abunch of kids and it happend usually friday nights.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sucks...I remember when I was a teen...dipping in my integra LS 4door slammed....people were jealous...so one day some haters threw can goods at my car...totally destroyed the body and also some windows...

Old 04-06-2012, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by JERIICO
yeah my friends car got egged twice. and all the cars in his neighborhood did too. He lives on Flanders and i guess thats where they tend to go. From what he told me theyre abunch of kids and it happend usually friday nights.
FML. sounds like a new neighborhood is in order...

Old 04-07-2012, 03:28 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Took the words right out of my mouth. Loving the Axis Shines though!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My G35 got egged...Just got it back from the bodyshop.