G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

NSX over G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 03:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by soysssauce
hey how is the maintenance of the nsx? is it expensive?
That depends on what you consider expensive for a car like that. I bought mine new so I had all the scheduled maintenance done through the Acura dealership. I don't remember exactly what I paid each time I took it in, but I think it was between $500-$700 each time. Is that expensive? I don't even remember what exactly I paid for it, but it was either just under $100K or just over. Anyway, the maintenance doesn't sound expensive to me for a car that costs that much. It may be to someone else though.

If you're also asking about things that break that need to be fixed and if those repairs are expensive, I can't answer that. I sold that car with just over 55K miles on it and never had a single problem with the car. Well, I did have two problems:

1. I noticed the front rims started chipping. Not from rubbing or hitting anything, but it looked like there was a clear coat on them that was coming off. I think it was caused by whatever the detailer used to clean the rims. It was under warranty, so the dealer had them refinished and that was fine for a while, but it started happening again. They ended up replacing the rims at no charge to me.

2. TIRES! I paid a little over $2K on tires and I had to do that almost twice a year. I put the softest Z rated tires on it though. It's so hard to keep from driving the hell out of that car and the back tires get wore out really fast.

This is the exact NSX-T that I had. You'll notice the top is off in the pic. You'll also notice the top of the car is red, not black like the older models. This is not my car in the pic, just exactly like the one I had.