G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

DO NOT BUY FROM Wheelsnext.com

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DO NOT BUY FROM Wheelsnext.com

Hey everyone, I ordered a set of rims and tires from wheelsnext.com on May 10th, 2012. Before I made the payment, the customer service was very pleasant to deal with. They answered my emails within a few hours and made sure all my questions were answered. However, after I made the payment, I never heard anything back since May 10th. I've emailed the general customer service email, emailed the two reps that were helping me, and even called in numerous times to the general phone line, NOTHING.

There were two instances where someone picked up when I called to get a status update, but they would put me on hold and never come back. Numerous other times when I called, I would be on hold waiting for a customer service rep to answer, but around 15-20 mins of holding, the recording would say they are having a higher than usual call volume and told me to call back at another time, then the call would get disconnected, WTF?!? I don't mind holding for 1-2 hours if I have to, as long as I can get a live person on the phone, but they don't even give you the chance to get through to someone and they DARE TO DISCONNECT THE CALL?!

In any case, today is July 3rd, 2012 and I feel I have been very patient and given them enough time to get back to me with an ORDER STATUS. I just called my credit card to put in a dispute and they are going to help me do a charge back. I will take my money and buy elsewhere.

Steve

Old 07-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts
The following 2 users liked this post by dominate:
chinamansteve (07-03-2012), thescreensavers (07-03-2012)
Old 07-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by dominate
Man, I wish I found this site earlier to save me all the troubles! I could've had new rims for my car in time for summer!!

Old 07-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Received 135 Likes on 101 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. Thanks for putting this out there for the community to see. Hope you get every dime of your money back!

Old 07-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Received 172 Likes on 135 Posts
what about wheelstudio.com?

Old 07-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts
I just googled wheelsnext.com review and that was the first result =\...google review sites before purchasing next time!

Old 07-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Th3R3dStar323
what about wheelstudio.com?
I was originally going to buy from Wheelstudio.com, that was my first choice, but the rep emailed me back the moment I placed an order, and told me the rims were not in stock. He told me if I still want it, I would have to wait 1-2 months before it would get shipped out. I told them I didn't want to wait that long and they cancelled my order for me on the spot, so I think they might be good.

I'm going to email the rep from Wheelstudio.com again and see if they have stock now.

Steve

Old 07-03-2012, 09:05 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Every member needs to be aware that it's not a great idea to buy wheels from a mail order house. I made this mistake with my first set of Volks GTCs buying them from a mail order house in Florida. Wheels arrived damaged, wrong offsets and missing the centers I paid for which arrived a week later....only because I raised hell with them. Buying wheels today I'd get them from our MARKETPLACE where you can be assured you'll get exactly what you ordered. There's a few wheels shops here in SoCal but delivery time can be up to 90 days....not sure I'd have the patience.
Gary

Old 07-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts
I have a few friends that ordered their wheel from Discount Tire Direct with no issues at all. I have always ordered my tires from them as well and the experience has always been great. They even list right on the page what items are out of stock and if you call they can usually tell how long it will take to come in. I wld give them a look if I were you. Gary is right though for the most part. Stick with our Marketplace on site. Good luck.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:13 PM
^Thanks I will check them out plus our marketplace.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tire Rack is another reputable place.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
That's sucks, I have always known them to be decently trustworthy.

Hope it gets worked out man!

Old 07-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by chinamansteve
Hey everyone, I ordered a set of rims and tires from wheelsnext.com on May 10th, 2012. Before I made the payment, the customer service was very pleasant to deal with. They answered my emails within a few hours and made sure all my questions were answered. However, after I made the payment, I never heard anything back since May 10th. I've emailed the general customer service email, emailed the two reps that were helping me, and even called in numerous times to the general phone line, NOTHING.

There were two instances where someone picked up when I called to get a status update, but they would put me on hold and never come back. Numerous other times when I called, I would be on hold waiting for a customer service rep to answer, but around 15-20 mins of holding, the recording would say they are having a higher than usual call volume and told me to call back at another time, then the call would get disconnected, WTF?!? I don't mind holding for 1-2 hours if I have to, as long as I can get a live person on the phone, but they don't even give you the chance to get through to someone and they DARE TO DISCONNECT THE CALL?!

In any case, today is July 3rd, 2012 and I feel I have been very patient and given them enough time to get back to me with an ORDER STATUS. I just called my credit card to put in a dispute and they are going to help me do a charge back. I will take my money and buy elsewhere.

Steve
Damn man steve we feel ur pain hope everything works out for you but didnt you pay through paypal, if you did they should reimburse you, oh well, we hope the best for you sometimes some deals are too good to be true, i learned also the hardway, just pay the extra and buy from a reputable vendor

Old 07-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by indy_500
Damn man steve we feel ur pain hope everything works out for you but didnt you pay through paypal, if you did they should reimburse you, oh well, we hope the best for you sometimes some deals are too good to be true, i learned also the hardway, just pay the extra and buy from a reputable vendor
Thanks man, it's actually my first time buying rims so a noob mistake, but never again (hopefully).

I paid them with my credit card, but I've called my card company and filed a dispute. They credited me back the amount and said they will contact Wheelsnext. If Wheelsnext can't prove that they had shipped the merchandise to me, the dispute will be deemed solved and I would keep the credit on my card.

The card company said usually this process would be solved within 2-4 weeks, which means I really can't buy rims for another 2-4 weeks. At this rate, I might have to hold off until next summer, as by the time all is said and done, winter will be around the corner

Steve