G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Stoked!!! (not stroked)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Stoked!!! (not stroked)

Just wanted to drop a thread and say hello to all. I'm a new member as well as a new G35 owner. I never even knew about the Gs until I went car shopping about a month ago. I was looking to trade in my truck for something a little nicer and more fuel efficient. As I was walking around the Honda dealership I saw a sexy silver sports car hiding in the corner, walked over towards it, and within 15 ft I fell in love and knew that was my new car. I found my 05 G35 AT with 30,000 miles on it for $16,000... STEAL!!!!!!!

Well I purchased it and now about a month later I am still enjoying it more and more every time I drive it. I literally think about driving my all day at work, I'm pretty sure my work production has taken a significant dip since I got this beast !

Anyways, I told myself I was gonna just put the K&N drop filter in it and be done as far as mods. Well I lied, I just can't help but imagine how much better life would be with plenum spacer, z tube, and a set of Berk test pipes. Eventually ill also add a cat back of some sort and upgrade from the Berk to the ART pipes and possibly a Magnaflow X pipe. I'm stoked.

BTW.. I knew nothing about the G35, berk TPs, motordyne, what the help a plenum spacer was... etc before I started reading this site. I read over thread after thread and feel very confident about my knowledge of the car and products for it. There are tons of very smart members here and I'm glad to have somewhere to turn for advice. I never asked any questions cause I knew I'd here the dreaded "search is your best friend" lol... so I learned from other noobs mistakes.

Anyway thanks a lot guys, glad to be a part of this awesome community and glad to be a G owner!

Last edited by AZPusher; 12-06-2012 at 08:11 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by AZPusher:
06G35Coupe94 (12-06-2012), Davidle92 (12-07-2012)
Old 12-06-2012, 08:15 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Welcome to the family!!

Old 12-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
Nice pick up and Welcome! Glad youve figured out the whole forum thing and used it for your advantage Have any pics of your G?

Old 12-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Thanks! Yes I have a couple but unfortunately I'm not very internet savvy and have no clue how to post to this site. Its a dark silverish/gray, completely stock everything except my bad*** K&N filter... for now

I'm going performance first and then ill get to some rims and possibly 06 head and tail lights.. I really feel like an experienced G owner with all the knowledge I've soaked up from this forum!

Old 12-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Welcome to the site. Props for searching before posting

Old 12-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome! haha theyre a blast to drive. Love these cars. Sounds like you have great plans for her.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Geewhiz420
Welcome! haha theyre a blast to drive. Love these cars. Sounds like you have great plans for her.
Yessir, now only if I had the cash to put my plans into action. Looks like Ima be picking up some OT at work in the next couple weeks lol

Old 12-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AZPusher
Thanks! Yes I have a couple but unfortunately I'm not very internet savvy and have no clue how to post to this site. Its a dark silverish/gray, completely stock everything except my bad*** K&N filter... for now

I'm going performance first and then ill get to some rims and possibly 06 head and tail lights.. I really feel like an experienced G owner with all the knowledge I've soaked up from this forum!
Go to http://imgur.com, click "computer" near the top right, choose the picture you want to upload then click "start upload", then copy the link that is in the section titled "direct link".

Next while posting on g35driver, look above where you type your message and try and find a picture of a mountian (bottom row fifth from the right), click on it and paste the link in it and post.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:20 PM
Yessir, now only if I had the cash to put my plans into action. Looks like Ima be picking up some OT at work in the next couple weeks lol
Right off the bat Z tube, K&N, and the spacer can all be done for $500 if you do the install yourself.

Also for future reference check out an osiris uprev tune. I didn't find out about it until a couple months after buying my G35. If you go to uprev.com you can find the location of uprev tuners.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by canehdian_guy
Right off the bat Z tube, K&N, and the spacer can all be done for $500 if you do the install yourself.

Also for future reference check out an osiris uprev tune. I didn't find out about it until couple months after buying my G35. If you go to uprev.com you can find the location of uprev tuners.
I'm getting my ztube on Saturday and my Berk test pipes in 2 weeks. I should have the extra cash for my plenum spacer by the end of December then the Osiris tune by the end of January!

I know there are a ton of threads on this topic but if you don't mind, would you please explain how the Osiris tuner works? Thanks

Old 12-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Welcome aboard. You might be a little disappointed in the fuel efficiency of your new car, but it shouldn't be life breaking.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:54 AM
Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts
Welcome. You can use Photobucket and copy the IMG links and paste them in a post.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
A new member actually researching before starting threads? There's hope for this community just yet! Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase. I'd recommend passing on the Berk TP's and just save up for the ART pipes. And once you get a little more into modding, look into swapping to 3.7 final drive gears, a Transgo valve body upgrade kit, and a lightweight 1-piece driveshaft. All of those will make for a much more fun driving experience.

The following users liked this post:
Frankieg35 (12-08-2012)
Old 12-07-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm getting my ztube on Saturday and my Berk test pipes in 2 weeks. I should have the extra cash for my plenum spacer by the end of December then the Osiris tune by the end of January!

I know there are a ton of threads on this topic but if you don't mind, would you please explain how the Osiris tuner works? Thanks
The osiris tune optimizes your fuel maps for performance. You can have numerous maps set (performace map, economy map, valet map etc.) which can be changed using certain cruise control buttons.

edit: I also agree with Silencer about the ART pipes. They will produce more power in the low rpm range where most test pipes cause a loss of power. They also sound less ricey

Old 12-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Received 156 Likes on 130 Posts
First of all, congrats. Second, you should get NOOB of the year. Using the search function and actually reading is one thing. However, something should also be said about tasteful modding and you sir sound to be tastefully modding your car. I like you sir. I like you a lot.