G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Got my 4080 Coupe enclosure today!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 08:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my 4080 Coupe enclosure today!!!

Got a package at the front porch today, my 4080 Coupe enclosure has arrived! Ahh... I love the smell of fresh fiberglass. LOL

Special thanks to 4080 for getting it to me even faster than originally promised.

For those of you that have the 4080 enclosure, I see now exactly what everyone is ranting and raving about. And, for those of you that are considering purchasing the 4080 enclosure, do it, this thing is great! I have worked in car audio, on and off for like 7-8 years, and have been an enthusiast for like 15 years (I'm 30 now), and can honestly tell you that the workmanship that has been put into creating this enclosure is AWESOME.

The G is my girlfriends '05 LOADED Coupe (w/ Nav & 19's) in Laser Red w/ Graphite Interior. I have ordered from Yoshi the Double Din dash finisher and AC Controller, but remains to be seen if I will actually install it or resell it because of possible issues with installation because of the Navigation system.

The system will consist of a JL Audio Chrome 300/4, Chrome 500/1, 10W6v2 and the 4080 enclosure. I will be using the factory Bose speakers off the 300/4 for the time being. I will also be adding a JL Audio CleanSweep once they are released. I will also be using a JL Audio RCA's and 2 Gauge 2 Amplifier wiring kit

I will begin installation of the system Saturday Morning (April 2nd). It should take me a few hours because I want to take my time and do everything perfect, I am very neat and ****. (Ha ha, I got to use the word **** in a sentence!)

Again thanks to 4080 for a great product.

I will try and post some pictures once it is complete.

Next step will be either 15% or 35% tint all around and mounting up my 20" (staggered) Mercury Silver VOLK GT-C's with Toyo Proxes T1-S's.

Last edited by JKashat; 04-01-2005 at 08:20 PM.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:46 PM
you sure that's your girl's car? lol seems you're having more fun that she is...

Old 04-01-2005, 09:10 PM
This is probably a very true statement. LOL

I HAD an Silver/Graphite '03 5AT Coupe (w/ Nav. & Perf.) and she had a Carribean Blue/Willow 6MT Coupe (w/o Nav.). I know that probably seems backwards, but I had to get an auto b/c of my family. Her family could drive stick, so it was it wasn't an issue for her.

After being rearended, I fixed my G and traded it in for an '06 Black/Black)Lexus GS 430, which I will take delivery of on April 7th (next week). And my girl turned in her '03 lease in early for the '05 just last week. So, as far as I am concerned, I have the best of both worlds... Two sweet rides I get to pimp around in, a nice luxury sport sedan and the hottest Sport Coupe on the road, the 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe.

Last edited by JKashat; 04-01-2005 at 09:20 PM.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:32 PM
haha thats great... its great when your girl has a hot ride too... its like having two cars at your disposal lol personally my gf has an 05 MB SLK350. Sweet ride but i still prefer my G hehe...

Old 04-02-2005, 12:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what problems are you talking about with the nav and the DD kit from yoshi? im confused

Old 04-02-2005, 12:50 AM
I don't mean problems with the actual parts, I mean problems getting an aftermarket head unit to work properly with the factory Navigation system (audio/video). I also have the AV Electronic piece that I think may be necessary for my install, but we will see if it ends up being necessary. I know it will help me as far as getting AV inputs/outputs, and a TV tuner with the Factory Head Unit, but what about changing to a Aftermarket once I get my Double Din dash? I need to figure out how to get Nav audio to the aftermarket radio and the aftermarket DVD source to the screen for video and through the aftermarket stereo for audio... That is the problem I was referring to. Any thoughts?

Old 04-02-2005, 12:55 AM
Paranormal, how long you been in Iraq? How are you doing? Hopefully well. We appreciate everything you and everyone else who is there are doing to one day make Iraq a better country. My parents are from Iraq. My dad's been here in the US since he was 21, he's gonna be 79 in May. My mom has been here since she was a teenager, she's gonna be 66 also in May. I was born here in Detroit, the Motor City baby. I'm 30 now, damn I feel old sometimes. LOL

Old 04-02-2005, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by JKashat
I don't mean problems with the actual parts, I mean problems getting an aftermarket head unit to work properly with the factory Navigation system (audio/video). I also have the AV Electronic piece that I think may be necessary for my install, but we will see if it ends up being necessary. I know it will help me as far as getting AV inputs/outputs, and a TV tuner with the Factory Head Unit, but what about changing to a Aftermarket once I get my Double Din dash? I need to figure out how to get Nav audio to the aftermarket radio and the aftermarket DVD source to the screen for video and through the aftermarket stereo for audio... That is the problem I was referring to. Any thoughts?

ohh i see.. well i havnt yet opened up my car to see how its wired... that is a good question tho.. ill make a thread about it in the audio video section..

Old 04-02-2005, 11:13 PM
Paranormal, how long you been in Iraq? How are you doing? Hopefully well. We appreciate everything you and everyone else who is there are doing to one day make Iraq a better country. My parents are from Iraq. My dad's been here in the US since he was 21, he's gonna be 79 in May. My mom has been here since she was a teenager, she's gonna be 66 also in May. I was born here in Detroit, the Motor City baby. I'm 30 now, damn I feel old sometimes. LOL
thanks for your support.. Im doing pretty good..Iraq has alot of potential to become a great country.. Im proud that I can be apart of this history!..

Old 04-03-2005, 12:23 AM
Me too, Thanks.

Old 04-06-2005, 08:09 PM
For those of you that have the 4080 enclosure, I see now exactly what everyone is ranting and raving about. And, for those of you that are considering purchasing the 4080 enclosure, do it, this thing is great!

The system will consist of a JL Audio Chrome 300/4, Chrome 500/1, 10W6v2 and the 4080 enclosure. I will be using the factory Bose speakers off the 300/4 for the time being. I will also be adding a JL Audio CleanSweep once they are released. I will also be using a JL Audio RCA's and 2 Gauge 2 Amplifier wiring kit
How easy would it be to install for a non-experienced install person?

How much did you pay for your equipment and where did you get it?