G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Need An ALARM QUICK!!! HELP!! NEW G!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 01:42 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Need An ALARM QUICK!!! HELP!! NEW G!!!

Hey fellow owners. i just got my G Coupe (obsidian black) TODAY, from Atlantic. The stock alarm is CORNEY.

I live in L.I, N.Y.... Need a alarm but I dont know what kind to get... Would like to know of any top choices or ones that you guys may have. Wanna spend around $300.

Let me know what you have, what you prefer and where u got it installed in in L.I... SPEEDWORLD is gonna charge me $180 to put it in.

HELP ME OUT YALL...

Thanx in advance!

Old 04-02-2005, 01:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JEVERYDAY
Hey fellow owners. i just got my G Coupe (obsidian black) TODAY, from Atlantic. The stock alarm is CORNEY.

I live in L.I, N.Y.... Need a alarm but I dont know what kind to get... Would like to know of any top choices or ones that you guys may have. Wanna spend around $300.

Let me know what you have, what you prefer and where u got it installed in in L.I... SPEEDWORLD is gonna charge me $180 to put it in.

HELP ME OUT YALL...

Thanx in advance!
What type of alarm did Speedworld quote you on for $180?

I've heard that Compustar is the best alarm you can get.. I've seen a few on Ebay for around $280.

Also heard Clifford alarms are good as well..

As far as Lojack or Viper, I think they suck.

I'm in L.I. too but I don't know any dealers who carry Compustar or Clifford because I haven't done alarm research yet. My coupe is supposed to arrive next week and my first mod is 20% tints.

Try searching on http://www.superpages.com

Old 04-02-2005, 02:28 AM
I got a clifford g5 for $349.00. It has motion sensor, glass sensor, and anti car jacking feature. If the car is jacked from me if a code is not entered the car shuts off and locks the doors. Car does the same thing if someone where to steal my keys and take off with the car. you must enter the code or it shuts off and locks the doors. I also rigged it up so you can open and close (can't close from factory) the windows with the remote. The window mod is an extra $100.

Originally Posted by JEVERYDAY

HELP ME OUT YALL...

Thanx in advance!

Old 04-02-2005, 03:17 AM
Gangster Member
I'm gettin compustar with auto start, even works with 6mt ebay 280 shipped

Old 04-02-2005, 04:58 AM
i got my clifford rsx 3.5 installed for $400 from audio planet in huntington... they did a decent install. Its a two way device and only major problem is the battery life and the range has decreased all of a sudden... need to go back there and have them check it out again...

Old 04-02-2005, 05:06 AM
300 = junk! Go check out Moving on Sounds .. Hempstead Tpke. Franklin Square. There is a new Clifford coming out in a few weeks .. I'm told it will be the best alarm out to date .. Going to be around 800 inst. tho ... I would not bother with an alarm for 300 .. keep the stock alarm and save your money

Old 04-02-2005, 11:08 AM
mrb
I have the Viper with the paging remote, remote start, etc. 0 complaints, I really like the unit. The remote start kicks ***, and I like knowing that if someone breaks into it, and I'm relatively close to the car, I'm getting paged and the display will iluminate which window got busted, if the door is open, all that jazz. The compustar has better range (for the remote) so that is what I'd be buying if I was buying one today. But I'm happy with mine and see no need for anything else. When I bought it I paid $500 (that is with installation) with the optional tilt sensor (if the car is put on bricks to get my rims, the alarm will go off, it's customizeable to what degree you want), and backup battery.

Old 04-02-2005, 12:07 PM
Installation's going to cost you...........go w/ compustar.........expect to fork out $600-$800 depending on what type of options you go for.

Old 04-02-2005, 12:50 PM
Hey I got my car from Atlantic too. My sales person was Cary. What options and price did you get?

Old 04-02-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by G35Vision
300 = junk! Go check out Moving on Sounds .. Hempstead Tpke. Franklin Square. There is a new Clifford coming out in a few weeks .. I'm told it will be the best alarm out to date .. Going to be around 800 inst. tho ... I would not bother with an alarm for 300 .. keep the stock alarm and save your money
new clifford supposedly should be the best but that price is pretty steep... but it depends on what you want... you want two way paging? long range? motion sensors, tilt sensors? remote starter? i think for $300 you could probably get a shock sensor and remote start system... not sure of the two way paging though, maybe if you haggle some or know the shop... if money's no object i'd either get compustar or the new clifford...

Old 04-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Z2G
i believe clifford and viper are owned by the same company (dei) and are the same alarm systems just rebadged.

Old 04-02-2005, 02:47 PM
Clifford = Viper

Z2G is correct that they are both owned by dei, I'm not sure they are just rebadged versions of the same product though. If you have the time you could compare the features of each and get a pretty good idea.

Old 04-02-2005, 04:24 PM
Gangster Member
Originally Posted by G35Vision
any info on this alarm? and also whats so good about it?

Old 04-02-2005, 11:06 PM
I bought the Compustar 2W900FMR autostart (1/4 mile distance) at Speedworld on Qns Blvd for $550 installed, this was six months ago. Works great.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need An ALARM QUICK!!! HELP!! NEW G!!!