G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

g35 vs tsx

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 07:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g35 vs tsx

i currently drive a 2004 auto tsx and was considering selling that and getting my dream car, 04 g35 coupe manual . i love the g's sexy exterior and powerful engine, however from what i've read i'm not sure what to think of getting a lower quality interior in a more expensive car. for those who have never seen the interior of a tsx i must admit it is without a doubt one of the cleanest, nicest interiors in it's class beating out many other cars in higher price brackets, (altima, maxima, etc.) haha don't flame me cause that's what i and others believe. so will the interior of the g35 grow on me eventually or is it not as bad as i've heard it to be?. thx

Old 04-24-2005, 07:54 PM
The '05 interior is exceptionally well polished and put together. Very clean, ergonomic, and the nice blend of sport and comfort that is such a trademark of the G35 in all aspects.

As for the '03's and '04's, that's another story......

Old 04-24-2005, 07:56 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by blazed54
i currently drive a 2004 auto tsx and was considering selling that and getting my dream car, 04 g35 coupe manual . i love the g's sexy exterior and powerful engine, however from what i've read i'm not sure what to think of getting a lower quality interior in a more expensive car. for those who have never seen the interior of a tsx i must admit it is without a doubt one of the cleanest, nicest interiors in it's class beating out many other cars in higher price brackets, (altima, maxima, etc.) haha don't flame me cause that's what i and others believe. so will the interior of the g35 grow on me eventually or is it not as bad as i've heard it to be?. thx

Have a look and judge for yourself. The G doesn't have the highest quality one around but I think it gets an overstated bad rap.
I haven't seen a new TSX but we came off a previous generation TL and I think it was slighlty nicer than the G.

Old 04-24-2005, 08:02 PM
If you're buying new, get the 05. You'll trade Brembos for an upgraded interior, but if the interior is more important, it might prove to be a better decision.

Old 04-24-2005, 10:13 PM
Update:

After reading this thread, I decided to take my new G out for a "boring" trip to the sandwich shop because my fiancee didn't feel like making dinner. I was concentrating on paying attention to the details of the interior quality level. Then, about 3 seconds into the trip, I became terribly distracted by the quick acceleration and great handling of the car. The only thing I noticed about the interior was the red flashing, then solid shift light telling me to upshift. God it was an exciting 5 mile drive.

I stand by my earlier comments about the refinement of the '05 interior, but you'll soon find your attention drawn elsewhere in this ride.

PS: I'm still in the break-in period, so I'm "babying" the car by keeping it under 4000 RPM - only 600 miles to go!!

Old 04-24-2005, 10:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the interior of the tsx is w/out a doubt the best in its class, if u get an 04 g, u might not like since the quality isnt as good as the tsx, but the 05 interior is just as good if not better than the tsx.

Old 04-24-2005, 10:44 PM
If you want a better interior, you'll have to hit up a BMW or sacrifice power down to an A4.

It's not all about the interior, but I do agree with you. I may not have bought a G with the interior of the 03' or 04', not that it's bad but I thought it could have been better and they did do it for the 05's.

Old 04-24-2005, 10:47 PM
EZZ
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The TSX is the car I want my girl to have. Its like the perfect car for her...reliable, nice interior appointments, nimble, safe, and just enough power to have fun but not enough to get her in trouble.

She doesn't like the G , she keeps screaming as I tear through the canyons

BTW, if interior appointments are more important than the driving experience, I really think the TL would be a better car for you.

Old 04-24-2005, 11:05 PM
My younger brother drives a 6MT tsx. I find the acura manual transmision very smooth as well as the engine, going into high revs without vibration. The car is easy to drive and I like the feel. Its just not as fast as the G35.

The interior is clean, well put together, and has that blue-white lighting I prefer over the orange. The back seat has decent legroom, and feels like it's considerably larger than the G35 sedan (legroom). The leather in his car feels more "grainy" while the g35 seems smoother (nicer) but dare I say.. less durable. Other than coming together nicely (better than the G) and going with the blue-white look (that I prefer) it's similar in quiality and materials to the interior of the '04.

The tsx pulls alright for a little FWD 4-banger, and I wish the vq engine could rev as nicely as that 2.4 litre. I wouldnt mind the smoothness of the transmission either, it makes my G feel like a truck. If they dropped a V6 in the TSX and made it RWD or AWD (AWD TL) the G may not have made its way to my driveway. Until then, I'll make due with orange dials and whatever benefit I get from an aftermarket shortshifter. The TSX is not really G territory anyway, I think the TL is where the competition would be.

Old 04-24-2005, 11:10 PM
my girl has the tsx, which i like very much. the interior is very nice, but i think the seats in the G are much higher quality. i don't really like the orange gauges, but i am used to them now. the nav is better on the tsx, but the car has no *****. the g is just so fun to drive.

Old 04-24-2005, 11:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The tsx interior is well put together and has a good design, but interior materials in the G (minus the 03/04 center dash) are better. My friend has a tsx so ive been able to compare countless times. The 05 G35 interior is definetely a huge improvement over the 03 and 04s however. Instead of asking us, why dont you just sit in one and compare for yourself

Old 04-24-2005, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by blazed54
i currently drive a 2004 auto tsx and was considering selling that and getting my dream car, 04 g35 coupe manual .
G is your dream car ? damn shouldnt dream car like something you cant never effort ?

Old 04-24-2005, 11:45 PM
Call the Cops

MAN just look at it! what more do you want in an interior!?

IMO it looks better than the Acuras

Old 04-24-2005, 11:48 PM
Call the Cops

HMMMMMMMMM

YEA RIGHT!

Old 04-24-2005, 11:48 PM
The TSX is a beautiful car overall... But I find the Center dash isn't very attractive.

The G35's interior is something different..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: g35 vs tsx