G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Bmw owners taking shots at US.

Old 05-08-2005, 11:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Every forum is biased towards others, this is a fact. The civic forums are probably saying they beat us both...

Old 05-08-2005, 11:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who cares if they cussing us. Let them be.. they think they are hurting us but they are hurting themselves because they can't admit that G can burn 330CI (or lower). I had beaten 330 CI so easy and I was about 1 car length ahead. As we know it.. G35 can beat 330Ci (or lower) at any kind of track and G35 will be far ahead... PLUS.. 330 CI cost about 5 grand more... with that 5 grand extra money in the pocket... we as G35 can spend on Twin Turbo kits or Supercharger with that extra money

Old 05-08-2005, 11:19 PM
m3 vs g

If you really want to compare an M3 with a G I'd say the G gets to have about $10k in modifications while the M3 remains bone stock. Considering a G could have more HP than a new vette with some forced induction I don't really see where the comparison lies.

My friend just bought an 04 330xi and while I have always loved BMWs I have to say the 3 series still does nothing for me. It's a well made car and rides nicely but it just screams Soccer Mom.

I think i have a slight grudge against the bimmer as well because I don't fit in it.

Old 05-08-2005, 11:36 PM
Hahahahaha. There is so much bitterness in this forum about BMWs. It isn't to say as if there aren't ***** G35coupe or 350z owners out there because I'm sure you've all met your share as well.

Whoever said they can have the M3 or a G35 coupe and sedan. Well, you could have had a Civic coupe and a Civic sedan.

Whoever said they got 90% of the performance of the M3 with half the cost. Well you could have gotten almost 100% performance for about half the cost with an SRT-4. NEON.

Whoever said they could just twin turbo / supercharge the G35 to beat the M3. You could have gotten Civic and beat Ferrari's for less than the tax money.

Whoever said that most on this board could afford an M3 but didn't opt for it. I wonder if you know how much of a difference buying a $35K car and a $55K car has on the impact of your financial situation. I'm sure not MOST PEOPLE here had the money to get an M3. My dad sure as hell wouldn't budge when it came getting me a car.

Whoever said that the M3 is just a tweaked 3-series. Oh, it was the same guy. Well I'm sure you know that the M3 3.2L I6 333hp 8k redline engine is the same engine that goes around all BMW models, right? ... Unfortunately for us, the VQ35 is shared by just about every Nissan / Infiniti application out there. So are we really just driving a tweaked Altima 3.5 / Maxima / QUEST ...?

For everyone who said BMWs are still hot cars... THANK YOU.

The G35coupe is great at what it does. You get a very good level of what the M3 achieves, for half the cost. It definitely is a better buy. But then again, wouldn't some economy car from Korea have been a better buy? You get what you pay for, end of story. I would trade a G35 / 350Z for an M3 without a second thought.

Old 05-08-2005, 11:49 PM
Okay, first post here, go easy on me.

Got my laser red 6mt coupe about a month ago, sold my 328i auto to a guy w/ a 2003 auto coupe as a secondary car. He said on the expressway it actually felt faster (only 190 hp/206tq). I have to say on the way home from the dealership (~25 miles) I was VERY pleased to see how fast I was going vs how far I was hitting the gas, but BMWs are pretty fast when you get up there. + I dont think this guy was a weekend racer, and I know my car feels a hell of a lot faster than the 328 at any speed.

I absolutely love my new car. I actually think it looks sportier than the 3 series, although BMW has always been a bit more modest in the design book. I was also thrilled about the handling in this car, I thought my old one was nice but the G makes it feel like a Cavalier in corners. The funny thing is people would always be like "Man, that car is badass!" just because it was a bimmer. I loved it, but its not like it ran 12s.

I still surf the bimmer boards, although never been to the one hotlinked. On the more intelligent forums there has been a lot of talk about BMW not being as competitive as they used to be and complaints about the new styling. Usually these guys are cool as hell. I actually was looking up G35 on the forums to see what they thought about them before I bought and most only had good things to say. I believe bimmerforums.com was the one I visited the most.

My buddy has a 2001 M3 coupe. I know theres no doubt he would kill me. He likes it more than his viper, although that was mostly b/c you couldnt ever use up all the power on the roads. Everybody has their preferences. My brother has always had mustangs and got one of the last year cobras (gt mustangs will kill us and they are a lot cheaper, although they arent as svelt) and it would mandhandle the M3 until they got to high speeds. Still, most of the time you hear about how people beat so-and-so they are talking about off the line and not on a track.

Don't let those guys get to you, my buddy gave me a lot of compliments on the new car (mostly the 19s), even though he complained his own german exhaust sounded too "ricy." It just that in certain areas (cincinnati) there is just an abundance of retard ricers and people with nice cars try to distance themselves from these idiots and tend to get the wrong idea. All that being said, I finally bought the Infiniti (grandpas ship got sunk in WWII so that was always a no-no in the family) and I have only good things to say.

Sorry for the 3 page post.

Old 05-08-2005, 11:52 PM
well said ^^ .. but hey those comments were made in the heat of the moment, never said that BMW SUCKS! .. i love BMW's .. i dont have PROBLEMS with BMW's i just have problems with people making comments when they dont know what they are talking about. I would trade my G for a new M3 anyday as well.

Old 05-08-2005, 11:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just wait for 2008 GTR 450 hp M3 KILLER and same price 60.000 plus
forgettaboutit

Old 05-09-2005, 12:03 AM
Sorry dude, minus the 333hp I6, the M3 is a 3-Series BMW with suspension upgrades, flared fenderwells, etc. Yes, the VQ is shared throughout the Nissan lineup, but so is BMW's 3.0 I6 (330, X3, 530, 730, 630, Z4). Is that unfortunate? Because it is a great engine. I hope you're not as silly and you wrtie. Altimas and Maximas are FWD cars. How can we be driven tweaked versions? And I stand by my statement that most of us here (including me) could afford a M3, but choose not to. I'll prove my point when the GTR is released. You sound like you won't be happy until you're in a M3. I wish you luck. At the end of the day, it's just another depreciating asset.

Old 05-09-2005, 12:06 AM
Wink

I'm going to post in there forum that I have beaten every M3 that has ever tried to play with me, Either on the freeway or from a dead stop.

Hehehhehehe See how they like them apples.

David G

Old 05-09-2005, 12:16 AM
Yeah, but at the end of the day, you still got a G35 (roll eyes)

Old 05-09-2005, 12:20 AM
Actually, there are tons of part differences between the M3 and the regular 3s, at least the ones before this year, I havent done the research on the new models. Whenever they change the body style they will give the new M3 the old body for a year, not make it the next year, then come out with the new M3. Having spent so much time repairing my 328 and being on the BMW forums I know there are many differences, although I cant vouch for how much of a difference it makes in performance.

Back to the real topic of this forum, yeah, I've met a lot of a$$hole bimmer owners, especially dealership people. Dont go in there if you dont have grey hair or they wont even talk to you.

I mean no offense Deang but I've known an owner of just about any series bimmer made the last 8 years, especially the Ms. And the 3 series was praised for its lack of depreciation, as the G is now

Arjunz - its clear you are a sensible person if you were referring to what I said.

Last edited by phishman; 05-09-2005 at 12:22 AM.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by JDM V35
I'm going to post in there forum that I have beaten every M3 that has ever tried to play with me, Either on the freeway or from a dead stop.

Hehehhehehe See how they like them apples.

David G

Haha, yeah right ... ur gonna make us non SC G's look stupid .. when the M3's see us on the streets and try to take revenge because one G owner started talkin smack..LOL

Old 05-09-2005, 12:29 AM
Why are the Gs always the flaming target for other car forums,
like the bmw/mustang/civics/wrt/etc boards,
just because we are beatiful doesn't mean we are evil, don't hate =)

M3/M5 are nice cars, so are the Gs.
If I had the choice to get the M3 or G for FREE,
of course I will take the M3.
I will sell it immidiately and get 2 Gs thou =)
Twice the beauty, woot!

Old 05-09-2005, 12:49 AM
It's true, BMW's are still hot cars (contrary to what I said earlier), but it's the people that drive them that makes them unappealing. Not all, but a lot are pretty snobby. (Unless it's a hot girl, nothing sexier than a hot girl driving an M3 convertible) But yeah, the 3 series is definetely a chick car. I know, I know, 333hp and all o' dat, but it still screams "my mommy and daddy are super rich, and this is my birthday present". To the guy who said that most of us can't afford the 330ci/M3... that's bullsh!t. I just got sick of spending more time in the shop than actually driving the thing. Yes, it's true that Bimmers are formidable driving vehicles... but it's not 1985 anymore, and the trophy days of the E30's and E36's are long gone. Think about that when you're staring at those fancy artistic black&white posters in their service department for the fifth time that month.

I'm no hater, but I've been there, and frankly... I'm sick of it.

They drive great though.

Old 05-09-2005, 01:12 AM
I mean no offense Deang but I've known an owner of just about any series bimmer made the last 8 years, especially the Ms. And the 3 series was praised for its lack of depreciation, as the G is now
No offense taken. I meant that cars in general are depreciating assets as opposed to a house (so we hope). I think the Gs are depreciaing slower than the 3-series, but I think that's because they're everywhere. They're great RWD handling cars, but they're not perfect. Leasing has placed an abundance of E46s on the used car market and now people who couldn't afford a 3-series, can now afford one. It is very tragic when they think they've "made it" when they finally can afford a used BMW albeit a 3-series. The G35C is not in the M3's league. We need to compare apples to apples. Now ask yourself if you would choose a M3 over a 450 hp, AWD, GT-R with Japanese reliability?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.40 average.

Quick Reply: Bmw owners taking shots at US.