G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Bmw owners taking shots at US.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.40 average.

Old 05-09-2005, 10:49 AM
mrb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my kia own3s joo you all

Old 05-09-2005, 11:43 AM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TINMAN
.then again.also there're some G35 guys think they can beat ferrarri.let it go ;-)
As typed by one of the few that could PROBABLY DO IT!

Originally Posted by mrb
my kia own3s joo you all
your ownership of a Kia is about the only belivable thing you've communicated in your 400+ posts (still waiting on that G, I see....)
I loathe to see the pollution on this board if your mystery car ever appears.

Old 05-09-2005, 11:58 AM
up here in Toronto, everyone and their dog, and their dog's dog has a BMw.. they're like NA Domestic cars up there, for whatever reason... they're extremely common.. I always wanted one when I was younger, but then when it came around to getting a new car 6 months ago, I couldn't resist the beauty and exclusivity of my G...

Old 05-09-2005, 12:45 PM
I accually just sold my BMW 3 weeks ago and bought a G this past weekend. I had the choice of getting a 330ci or a G and I took the G hands down because it is the best bang for the buck.

Old 05-09-2005, 01:58 PM
With $60,000 i could.....

A) Buy a BMW M3, leave it stock (because all my $ is gone) and have a great car with lots of power, and cool styling. End result - Great car, but theres prally 5 others just like it at Starbucks every morning...

OR

B) Buy a G35 Coupe, add a Twin-Turbo, awesome 19 or 20 inch wheels, and still have 10 grand or so to style it any way i wanted (bodykit, paint, etc). End Result - Great car, totally custom and one-of-a-kind (not too mention fast as ballz) and will never see one like it. ever...

Thats my take....

Old 05-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Why can't we all just get along??

I'm new to this board, and the proud owner of an 05 6MT Black coupe. i love this car! Can't wait to pass the break-in period so i can open 'er up. But back on topic, i also own a 95 M3, modded, and its also a great car. We all get cars based on a variety of reasons (money at the time, personal tastes, lifestyle, etc.), so you can't compare one car to another. It seems that everyone is focusing on performance, which is, at most, half the story? I personally got a G35 instead of the Z because the interior is just waayyy nicer than the Z's. If performance is the only thing, than i'd get a used CRX and just mod the hell out of that thing and it will rip everything on the street. But they're ugly as hell!

Anyways, they're both luxury-sport cars, just leave it at that. Be happy that you can afford such a nice car, and same with the Bimmer owners. We all have enough money for a pretty good lifestyle (since most of you can afford $36K cars and mod them).

BTW, i'll post pics when i get the chance. also, my M3 seems to be faster (butt dyno, not taken to the track yet) than my G, cause it seems that most G owners get anywhere between 14.1 - 14.8 times, while my M3 has been under 14.0 a few times.

Old 05-09-2005, 04:20 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Who cares about the BMW drivers and what they say. There will always be competition and rivalry amongst car brands. That's good. Both the G and BMW models have their good and bad points. We could argue ad naseum about which is faster, better handling, better looking, more luxurious. We bought ours for good reasons and they bought theirs the same way. For me it doesn't matter. I know I made a great choice and am very happy with what I have. Judging by the compliments and attention I receive on the car it's apparent many others feel the same way too.

Old 05-09-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Pearlcoupeg35

A) Buy a BMW M3, leave it stock (because all my $ is gone) and have a great car with lots of power, and cool styling. End result - Great car, but theres prally 5 others just like it at Starbucks every morning...

OR

B) Buy a G35 Coupe, add a Twin-Turbo, awesome 19 or 20 inch wheels, and still have 10 grand or so to style it any way i wanted (bodykit, paint, etc). End Result - Great car, totally custom and one-of-a-kind (not too mention fast as ballz) and will never see one like it. ever...

Thats my take....
Yea and u would have a 50$ project car...

Old 05-09-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Pearlcoupeg35

OR

Thats my take....
This is my favorite response of all time. You forgot all the options that are included in choice B too. Here, let me remind you: Your clutch goes out early (it has happened to totally stock G35s/Z's), guess what. NO WARRANTY. You decide you might need to buy a house and plan for something down the road, you need to sell the car. It's worth a COOL 25k instead of 30k. But WHAT, I spent 20k on mods! Haha... TOO BAD they tell you. You get pulled over for looking a bit too flashy, officer checks under your hood. "Well that can't be stock, here's a fix-it ticket." What are you going to do with your twin-turbo now? Finally, you can kiss the Japanese realiability goodbye with your turbo application on an NA engine. No matter what anyone says, unless your engine is completely rebuilt, no F/I is going to make their stock VQ last any longer.

Let me propose to you a similar situation.

With $200,000 I could...

A) Buy a Ferrari 360 Modena. Basically, dominate life.

B) Buy a Porsche 911 Turbo S. Basically, dominate life but in an alternative method.

C) Buy a G35coupe (maybe two, three, or four), add a different forced induction in each of them. Even get them in different colors. You can drive them to fit your outfit even. Be stuck with ... Four cars of Nissan quality in the end.

Originally Posted by Maciuniu
Yea and u would have a 50$ project car...
You said it man.

The I'll-add-F/I-with-the-remaining-money response is getting old. It's not like M3's have to run stock too.

The point is. The G35 coupe is a really nice car, but it does not compete in anyway with the M3.

Old 05-09-2005, 08:12 PM
I sold my 330 and was considering a G...but instead I just got a car that will smoke the hell out of both the 330 and the G.

Old 05-09-2005, 08:33 PM
Okay .. you guys have taken my post totally out of context. Guys .. im not comparing .. G35's to M3's or 3 Series here .... all i was saying was that i didn't like the fact that M3 and 3 series owners were taking shots at us regardless of if their cars are better than us. that depends on personal preference. I Love Bmw's ... and i think they are beautiful cars ... i just didnt like the fact that they were talkin smack about G's for no freakkin reason.

Old 05-09-2005, 08:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by arjunz
Okay .. you guys have taken my post totally out of context. Guys .. im not comparing .. G35's to M3's or 3 Series here .... all i was saying was that i didn't like the fact that M3 and 3 series owners were taking shots at us regardless of if their cars are better than us. that depends on personal preference. I Love Bmw's ... and i think they are beautiful cars ... i just didnt like the fact that they were talkin smack about G's for no freakkin reason.

The BMW owners are just jealous that they paid more for a car that doesn't look as hot as G's do. That's what it boils down to.

Old 05-09-2005, 08:42 PM
gtr proto test driver
Originally Posted by jonshah
I sold my 330 and was considering a G...but instead I just got a car that will smoke the hell out of both the 330 and the G.
what you buy?

Old 05-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi folks,

I am new to this forum. For the most part, I have found this forum to be quite informative, to say the least.

Some 2 weeks ago, I had a head-on accident in my 328i convertible. This car is my 3rd bimmer. The insurance company is still evaluating the damages. I personally think that it will be a total lost. It's up to $8k in sheet metal damage, alone . . . Not to mention the damage to the sports suspension, rims, etc.

My younger brother purchased a '04 G35 6MT sedan, last year. I was and still am very impressed with the Infiniti product.

Truth be told . . . I am shopping for a '05 G35 6MT coupe (DG/G) with everything, except the navigational system.

As much as I have enjoyed owning BMW's, I really like the G35 for various reasons.

This forum and the other G35 related forums has made my decision easier. I am not saying that one car is better than the other. That would be silly. I know you folks enjoy and love your G35's, as my brother does his. Pride of ownership is an amazing thing, isn't it? Simply . . . Enjoy your cars . . .

I can't wait till I get my new G35 coupe! Sure, it's not a BMW, as some would say, but the G has the Looks and Charm in a class of its' own, which is why everyone got a G in the first place.

Peace n Enjoy!

Old 05-09-2005, 09:17 PM
wow.... you guys are something else!
I know everyones proud of their cars i mean shoot id be heated myself. BUT LETS FACE IT .. if someone said you can chose the M3 or the G35 you all would chose the G lol! You must be out of your minds. The car is nice. I understand you feel the frustration in this forum since you worked your butt off for it. But I guarantee you that all of you in here could not afford an M3 thats why you went with the cheaper made in *** town option. No way In hell would i chose a Nissan over BMW they don't even compare the nissan should be compared to like Honda Ford or something in its category. BMW has style Luxury and quality something a china mans car will never archive.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.40 average.

Quick Reply: Bmw owners taking shots at US.