G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Bmw owners taking shots at US.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.40 average.

Old 05-09-2005, 01:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its an old thread...

Old 05-09-2005, 01:55 AM
I personally don't care. If I wanted speed, I woulda bought a SRT-4 for half the price or an STi, which is in our price range.

Old 05-09-2005, 02:22 AM
Originally Posted by 6969g35
just wait for 2008 GTR 450 hp M3 KILLER and same price 60.000 plus
forgettaboutit
Haha. I can't wait to see it, but if it is built anything like my Z or my previous G35 -- then Nissan can keep it. For a "luxury" brand, my Infiniti had just as many paint imperfections and even more body panel gaps (inside and out) than my Z. The G35 had even more rattles too. For $60k, I hope the build quality and materials will at least be up to German standards (note: NOT talking about reliability, that's a different story). Also, keep in mind it may kill the current E46 M3, but the new E90 M3 is going to be a whole new car. Look what they did to the new M5...

Originally Posted by JDM V35
I'm going to post in there forum that I have beaten every M3 that has ever tried to play with me, Either on the freeway or from a dead stop.

Hehehhehehe See how they like them apples.

David G
I actually love your car, I've seen most the vids that you have, and absolutely love the sound of your exhaust. HOWEVER, comments like these just make me think of the F/I rice rockets out there. Again it's like ... COOL, I can smoke 360 Modena's and 911 Turbos. But then... I have a Civic, they have Ferrari's and Porsches. Also, it makes all the M3 owners want to smoke the rest of us NA guys.

Originally Posted by Deang35c6
Sorry dude, minus the 333hp I6, the M3 is a 3-Series BMW with suspension upgrades, flared fenderwells, etc. Yes, the VQ is shared throughout the Nissan lineup, but so is BMW's 3.0 I6 (330, X3, 530, 730, 630, Z4). Is that unfortunate? Because it is a great engine. I hope you're not as silly and you wrtie. Altimas and Maximas are FWD cars. How can we be driven tweaked versions? And I stand by my statement that most of us here (including me) could afford a M3, but choose not to. I'll prove my point when the GTR is released. You sound like you won't be happy until you're in a M3. I wish you luck. At the end of the day, it's just another depreciating asset.
You're right, mostly. I should have just mentioned the FX35, and how the body structure shared is very similar too. I guess I went too far to say the VQ is shared over all the models. However, the M3 is actually a lot different from the 3-series line up. Just for the note, I would never even touch a 3-series if I had to choose between a fully loaded 330 or a G35 / Z.

All that being said, I actually like the looks of the G35coupe a lot more. While the M3 may look significantly different to us car people, the normal person sees the blonde chicks 325ci and the serious enthusiast's M3 in about the same regard. I just don't like how everyone on this forum is showing the same biased as the immature kids on e46fanatics.

Old 05-09-2005, 03:40 AM
Dude, I dig what you're saying but... I'm not trying to stereotype all 3-series, I'm well aware of the difference between a 325 and an M3. I started off as an apprentice technician for Alex of Europa Motorsports, he's the owner. He claimed victory at the America cup at MoSport many times racing HEAVILY modified Bimmers. I know these cars inside and out, and I'm not impressed anymore. They're hiding behind that "propellor" BMW crest and old ghosts of years past. German cars are done, dude. They've become yuppie cars... Is that not plain obvious???? It's time to pass the torch to the Japanese.

Old 05-09-2005, 03:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mike552
Dude, I dig what you're saying but... I'm not trying to stereotype all 3-series, I'm well aware of the difference between a 325 and an M3. I started off as an apprentice technician for Alex of Europa Motorsports, he's the owner. He claimed victory at the America cup at MoSport many times racing HEAVILY modified Bimmers. I know these cars inside and out, and I'm not impressed anymore. They're hiding behind that "propellor" BMW crest and old ghosts of years past. German cars are done, dude. They've become yuppie cars... Is that not plain obvious???? It's time to pass the torch to the Japanese.

I agree. You can validate this by just looking at how european reliability has skewed down over the years up till today...someones cutting some corners...and charging for it

Old 05-09-2005, 07:46 AM
wait people...wait...
wait til the pure JDM comes out in US
it will rip them apart and we will even get tired of reading "killing stories"
i cant wait

Old 05-09-2005, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by Jtrain
I think its funny they think that BMW is old money...
Yeah, pretty ironic. A Bimmer is a default choice for new money. Anyhow, I like Bimmers...but the G was the right choice for me.

Old 05-09-2005, 09:00 AM
u have 2 be realy dumb to compare nissan to a bmw just look @ the quality of work one done right the other half a$$,not even gettin into the engine>maby some of u dont know but all nissan cars have overrated HP ratings,and yes im driving a G35 but still @ the end of the day its a nissan!

Old 05-09-2005, 09:38 AM
^^^^ I really don't think you have any idea of what you're talking about.

By saying "overrated HP ratings," I assume you are talking about the actual RWHP of the Nissan/Infiniti vs. the crank numbers reported by the company and the slightly higher power train losses associated with our cars compared to other automotive brands. To mislead or misrepresent the actual crank HP of a vehicle would be a ludacris thing for Nissan Motors to do, as they would have huge liability issues on their hands if their misinformation was discovered. Also, they would suffer a major loss of face with consumers (i.e. Ford and the Cobra in the '90's).

Please research a little more before posting as above.

Also - You walked into an Infiniti dealership, you worked with Infiniti salesmen, you wrote out a check to Infiniti, your car says Infiniti all over it, warranty work is done at an Infiniti service department .... you own an Infiniti.

Old 05-09-2005, 09:41 AM
^^^^^^yup yup u r right i do my research next time.........

Old 05-09-2005, 09:49 AM
Don't forget Madza and the RX-8 fiasco. It's pretty much given that 6MT=18% drivetrain loss and 5AT=20%. See the '05 dyno thread and you'll see the engine is not overrated.

Old 05-09-2005, 09:59 AM
why bother im only 17 and i work for BK...
Btw i just want to make some things straight i love my G35 thats why i got it but some things are just funny when people are comparing G35 to a M3,come on lets get real here....

Last edited by Maciuniu; 05-09-2005 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:06 AM
I do agree - the M3 to G35 comparo is not appropriate on a stock to stock, modded to modded basis.

Old 05-09-2005, 10:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Folks, listen to me. Drop it now. NOW!!!!

You want to get back at a bimmer owner?

The worst thing you can do to someone that either has money or thinks that they have money is to ignore them. Cold shoulder, shrug it off. A nonchalant stance is the best. Your lack of enthusiasm to their product hurts the most. Your lack of interest in the run-of-the-mill 3 series stings the very reason they bought the car in the first place.

Old 05-09-2005, 10:40 AM
BMW's are great. I've nearly purchased one twice within the last few years. In the end, I test drove a 330i and a G35 coupe back to back, and felt like the performance and feel (not to mention Japanese reliability) of the G suited me.

But I still love and admire BMW's. I've never understood this "ok, I've bought THIS car. Now, to me, all other competing cars suck" mentality.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.40 average.

Quick Reply: Bmw owners taking shots at US.