G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My 05 6MT was stolen!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the thieves really want your car, they can get it. No chip or "immobilizer" will stop them. They are pros and can bypass even the best alarm systems and theft prevention. Glad that you got it back though. Hopefully the insurance company will give you another one or fix it up just as good.

Old 05-17-2005, 04:22 PM
If the insurance company makes you repair the car thats not the end of the world. Just trade it in on a brand new G35C. Sounds like the damage can be repaired and when you trade it in the dealership may not even notice the damage. Someone else would be happy to purchase the car.

Old 05-17-2005, 07:20 PM
Modded Member
I think that due to the fact that the car was stolen, your car is automatically salvaged. With GAP insurance your down payment should be covered as well.

Good luck!

Old 05-17-2005, 09:20 PM
Very sorry to hear you had to go through this. Hopefully your insurance will not try to put you back in it. I would think it would have a "salvaged title" now that it has been recovered. Best of luck!

Just curious, did you ever get to see the videos to see how they stole it?

Old 05-17-2005, 10:02 PM
I know I sound ignorant but I was very anxious when I picked up my car. Is this ID the little piece of metal they give you w/ some numbers engraved? I know whatever it is they said they don't keep a copy.

Old 05-17-2005, 10:08 PM
yea what is that little id thing? I totally forgot what it is but its on my keychain

Old 05-17-2005, 10:19 PM
G'z 6MT
Originally Posted by jotronic
**UPDATE**

Well, Vancouver PD called today to say the car has been recovered. Apparently it had been involved in two high speed chases but the guys got away. It was later found in an underground parking lot after being abandoned for a few days.

According to the police it has "significant" damage.

Large dent to right rear bumper
Driver's side door handle ripped clean off
Scratches to hood, trunk, roof, front bumper
Rear passenger taillight scratched
Dent in trunk
Conflicting information on significant ignition damage or any at all.

I haven't seen the car yet and they won't let me until they've "processed it". That includes dusting for prints.

Guys, this has really got me down. I'm worried that the car will never be the same if it is deemed repairable. I just bought the damn thing and now I may be doomed to 3.5 years of driving a less than 100% G35. UGH!! Sorry, had to vent but I thought I'd update all. Thanks for reading.

Joe
jotronic,

Glad to hear you got your G back, doesn't it feel like you been violated. I had a car stolen years ago and it took 3 weeks to find... All they left was a shell of former car I used to love.. Chin up I'm sure they will make her pretty again.

Old 05-17-2005, 10:23 PM
Well, if they really don't have a copy, I'd definitely take it off my keychain, whatever it is!

Sorry about your loss man, keep us updated. Even if they do replace the car it sounds like quite and ordeal. Practically ever car my brother ever bought was broken into, severely vandalized, or a lemon, and he lives in a nice neighborhood. It seems like usually bad things only happen to good, hardworking people. Hopefully they catch them, send them away, and they got purty teeth!

Old 05-18-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by phishman
I know I sound ignorant but I was very anxious when I picked up my car. Is this ID the little piece of metal they give you w/ some numbers engraved? I know whatever it is they said they don't keep a copy.
That is your key number-it is not a transponder and can't help you find your car. If you know your key number the dealer can make another without a key being present. I'm sure they will ask for ID though, so a thief can't just walk in and get a copy. Plus, it has to be activated with the car, I believe.