G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 Vs. American Cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 01:15 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
G35 Vs. American Cars

Okay lets face it, we all <3 The jpn cars. But when it comes to american cars, I can't seem to like them anymore, It seems that the G35 handling is so much nicer than a corvette and twice that of a mustang. Seems like in all cars not just sports cars, american companies are looking to cut corners and make them cheaper, sacroficing quality of parts.

Yeah old american muscle may be fast, may look cool, but lets face it

If you raced a ol' GTO on a road course, wouldn't the G35 handling smoke it in the corners?

Last edited by Jtrain; 05-15-2005 at 07:43 PM.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree whole-heartedly, although you will get some grief from some around here. In my experiences, American cars are poorly built, have crappy interiors, and just look cheaper. There are a lot of american cars that are faster for less money than us, but I would still take my G.

I admit Im kind of a hypocrit on this, cause when it comes down to it, and a Z28 or vette pulls up next to you at a light and blows you away, you cant argue, "but my interior is nicer, and I can turn better." Still, I'll take the G

Old 05-15-2005, 01:27 AM
*most* american cars are complete utter waste of money
they have HORRIBLE interior design, disgusting exterior and complete illogical engine design

ie. the new mustang GT. Its a v8 that outputs 300 hp? Is that not a lack of power or what. Our V6's put 298 out ....

However, I did say *most*. The newest vette is very impressive ....

Old 05-15-2005, 01:41 AM
i wouldn't mind driving a vette but that's about it when it comes to american cars

Old 05-15-2005, 01:45 AM
if you think about it all high end cars are imports: infiniti, bmw, audi, merc., acura
not a single domestic car makes the list

whats domestic cars good for? wasting gas - huge suvs and pickups

Old 05-15-2005, 03:00 AM
american car owners would also say our car is over priced and have cheap interior

Old 05-15-2005, 04:19 AM
Domestic car companies have several things against them:

1. unions, already several threads about this, but basically, union workers don't care about the cars they are making, so there goes quality and reliability
2. American designers are lazy, they can just keep building the same boring designs and know that (for the most part), people (particularly between the west coast and east coast) will buy them, they don't need to be the best, just good enough.
3. compared to other countries, gas here is relatively cheap (even now), so Domestics don't really have optimized I4's, I6's, and V6's compared to Japanese and European counterparts. the Domestic strategy is "no replacement for displacement" so they stick in a huge engine and cut back everywhere else.

My first car was a Chrysler, second car a Ford, third car a Honda, fourth car a Nissan, and finally my Infiniti. Next car will most likely be an Infiniti, Lexus, or Porsche.

Old 05-15-2005, 04:36 AM
TIBLOT,

That V8, is only a ~289ci, so its not much bigger, just displaced among more cylinders, it runs a lower compression so it will run the same on lower octane gas, and it has much more torque at a lower RPM that a VQ. Not exactly bad things right?

I know LOTS of American cars are pretty crappy, but they aren't that bad. My other car is a 1967 Nova, and after spending some serious cash I have it handling pretty good. I guess I just had to say something because I have a *** ride and an american ride in my garage.

-Adam

Old 05-15-2005, 04:51 AM
Aman- to me classic american muscle cars are in a different category. Im talking modern day. The average American car over the last 15-20 years just doesnt measure up to a Japanese or european car.

Old 05-15-2005, 05:32 AM
Gangster Member
Originally Posted by Jtrain
Okay lets face it, we all <3 The *** cars. But when it comes to american cars, I can't seem to like them anymore, It seems that the G35 handling is so much nicer than a corvette and twice that of a mustang. Seems like in all cars not just sports cars, american companies are looking to cut corners and make them cheaper, sacroficing quality of parts.

If you raced a ol' GTO on a road course, wouldn't the G35 handling smoke it in the corners?
Dont refer to it as *** cars, what a matter with you, im not japanese but that word can offend people, are you to lazy to type out japanese

Last edited by TheGest; 05-15-2005 at 05:34 AM.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:59 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
It seems that the G35 handling is so much nicer than a corvette and .....
G35 handling is so much nicer than a corvette???? LOL!

Old 05-15-2005, 06:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G35 handling is so much nicer than a corvette
You gotta be ****ing kidding me. Numbers from magazine tests alone should give you enough hint.

Old 05-15-2005, 09:27 AM
Okay lets face it, we all <3 The *** cars. But when it comes to american cars, I can't seem to like them anymore, It seems that the G35 handling is so much nicer than a corvette and twice that of a mustang. Seems like in all cars not just sports cars, american companies are looking to cut corners and make them cheaper, sacroficing quality of parts.

I have both a 2005 G 6mt stock and a modified 1969 Z/28 camaro with a rack and pinion tubular control arm front end with coil overs and a corvette independent rear suspension with a 4:11 to 1 rear gear ratio and a 4 speed overdrive automatic transmission. The engine is a 434 cubic inch small block making 589 RWHP on pump gas (see pic)

Now i will admit the ride and the interior on the G is much better but I have raced against my camaro in the G (my brother was driving the camaro) on a road course and while the g can turn in a little better/faster ( much better brakes on the g) halfway through the turn the camaro starts eating the G alive. Once on the straight the G has no chance as the camaro pulls away from the G at light speed. In a three lap race the camaro beats my G every time by at least 35 seconds.

The G is a great modern sports coupe for the money but don't believe that it will smoke a well tuned muscle car on a road course. I have both and have been racing for many years ( over 20) and I have driven many types of cars and while the G is a GREAT Daily Driver it is by no means a "Race Car"

Attached Thumbnails G35 Vs. American Cars-g-z2.jpg  
Old 05-15-2005, 10:05 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hey, abbreviate Japan to Jpn not ***. that's a racial name calling from
where I come from...maybe you weren't born then, but use Jpn in the
future. I get offended being that Im Japanese.

Old 05-15-2005, 10:06 AM
Besides a Viper, this is the only American car I would consider buying. It is $27K more than a G but a REAL SUPER CAR. If it would have been available last March when I bought my G I would have gone with this. With all my mods I have gone over what this car would have cost. The interior isn't too shabby either. They also have a head up display that is badd ****.
Check out those 0-60 and 1/4 times

CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06
Vehicle type: front-engine, rear-wheel-drive, 2-passenger, 2-door coupe
Estimated base price: $62,500
Engine type: pushrod 16-valve V-8, aluminum block and heads, port fuel injection
Displacement: 428 cu in, 7008cc
Power (SAE net): 500 bhp @ 6200 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 475 lb-ft @ 4800 rpm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transmission: 6-speed manual
Wheelbase: 105.7 in
Length/width/height: 174.6/75.6/49.1 in
Curb weight: 3150 lb
Manufacturer's performance ratings:
Zero to 60 mph: 3.8 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 7.7 sec
Standing 1/4-mile: 11.7 sec @ 127 mph
Projected fuel economy (C/D est):
EPA city driving: 16 mpg
EPA highway driving: 22 mpg

Attached Thumbnails G35 Vs. American Cars-1228200415846.jpg  
Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Vs. American Cars