G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

GT Carbon Fiber Spoiler on G35Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 05:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
APR make fantastic spoilers, but they are expensive. I think if you are going for a GT wing that will fulfill your needs, i personally think you might want to save up for a good one and do it right.

Old 06-20-2005, 05:48 AM
Lex
Originally Posted by Mark350GT
APR make fantastic spoilers, but they are expensive. I think if you are going for a GT wing that will fulfill your needs, i personally think you might want to save up for a good one and do it right.
Thank you.

Old 06-20-2005, 06:20 AM
haha no problem

Old 06-20-2005, 01:08 PM
Someone please close this thread.. Lol.

Old 06-20-2005, 02:46 PM
yes, it needs to be locked

Old 06-20-2005, 03:06 PM
Lenny
yeah, everyone has thier opinions....and truly, any car can become a rice car, if the owner is a "ricer" but to clear things up a bit...the g35 is a skyline, however, the skyline was never a "ricer" car. The skyline was used mainly for drift, drag, and jgtc cources. In which case if you had a RICER skyline everyone would joke you. Have you ever seen those autoX videos where that riced out accord tries to compete ~LMAO~ agian, its a matter of opinion, but before you do something like that you should consider if you are going performance oriented, or show oriented...

Old 06-20-2005, 03:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First and foremost, the white and black Z is nice! I'm not a fan of the big wings, but the rest of the car is slick!

As for the GT style wing being beneficial to your G... ...the OEM Aero package is all you need to negate lift at high speeds. Sure, this wing might produce downforce for you, if it was properly designed to be functional and not just cosmetic. But it's going to provide minimal to no downforce at the low speeds where you're going to lose traction from acceleration. By the time this wing starts producing significant downforce, you'll be well beyond the point of being able to break traction from acceleration. At highway speeds... ...and 140mph... ...this thing is going to create more drag than you want. At 140MPH, you'll likely start compressing the rear suspension. What a rude awakening that's going to be when you hit a little dip in the road without the ability to soak it up.

So yes, this will be entirely cosmetic for your application... ...unless you're making enough power to still be able to spin your tires down the last half or the dragstrip. And I wouldn't be shocked to see that you could no longer reach 140MPH with this attached, unless you were getting 600+ HP to the ground.

If you like the way it looks, go for it. But don't fool yourself when it comes to thinking that this will somehow improve performance on anything short of a race car.

Last edited by GT-Ron; 06-20-2005 at 03:25 PM.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Lex
Originally Posted by GT-Ron
First and foremost, the white and black Z is nice! I'm not a fan of the big wings, but the rest of the car is slick!

As for the GT style wing being beneficial to your G... ...the OEM Aero package is all you need to negate lift at high speeds. Sure, this wing might produce downforce for you, if it was properly designed to be functional and not just cosmetic. But it's going to provide minimal to no downforce at the low speeds where you're going to lose traction from acceleration. By the time this wing starts producing significant downforce, you'll be well beyond the point of being able to break traction from acceleration. At highway speeds... ...and 140mph... ...this thing is going to create more drag than you want. At 140MPH, you'll likely start compressing the rear suspension. What a rude awakening that's going to be when you hit a little dip in the road without the ability to soak it up.

So yes, this will be entirely cosmetic for your application... ...unless you're making enough power to still be able to spin your tires down the last half or the dragstrip. And I wouldn't be shocked to see that you could no longer reach 140MPH with this attached, unless you were getting 600+ HP to the ground.

If you like the way it looks, go for it. But don't fool yourself when it comes to thinking that this will somehow improve performance on anything short of a race car.
Hmm.. so it could actually make the performance worse.. unless I go for all out performance mods? *sigh* not sure what to do now. I do love the styling on the GT wings, but don't really want it to have negative effect on my car. I am going to be adding some performance mods tho.. but only to about maybe 350HP~400HP to the wheels. I guess it may not be enough. Thanks for the information.

Old 06-21-2005, 12:29 AM
for our car's weight, we dont really need a GT wing at 300HP. the TS V35 GTR doesnt have a GT wing, and its well over 700HP. but the thing is, that car has an underbody diffusor like GT cars. i personally think Dry carbon 3D GT wing looks hot. and provide the extra downforce i need during track days.

Old 06-21-2005, 01:50 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jtrain
So does not spelling most of your words out and telling people to "grow the fk up" anymore mature? If you don't think carbon fiber is rice, then go fiber out your car. (mmmm fiber)

But what you look like to everyone is an extreamly immature 16 year old who plays way to much Need For Speed Underground. But hey, slap some stickers and neons on that baby, because you drive 140+ all the time right?
Not that it isn't refreshing hearing another teenager with bad grammer call people with class tools, but its honestly getting old. So I guess you can take your own advice and "grow the fk up" since im sure that means something to you.

By the way: Might want to get your caps lock key checked out, its randomly capitalizing words and sentences.
First off, i didn't say *I* liked the spoiler, i have no comment on it, but you obviously just need everybody else's acceptance so you feel the need to say what everybody else says just to look cool and fit in, i think you are the only teenager amongst the two of us, since i obviously am not.

Second off, i didn't not spell out most of my words, the only word i did not spell out is F U C K because it would be censored out, and i thought maybe you wouldn't have the intelligence to figure it out.

And no, you do need to grow the **** up and stop trying to seek acceptance from everyone and quit trying to fit in you fking clown. OH GOD IT"S RICE OH NO RICE I AM SO COOL BECAUSE I CALL THINGS RICE OH BOY I HOPE I LOOK COOL INFRONT OF ALL THESE OTHER G35 FORUM MEMBERS.

And people bitching about bad grammar on forums is getting pretty fcking old as well buddy, you think this is a fcking english course or something, jesus christ, who the FCK CARES IF I HAVE BAD GRAMMAR?? Oh and theres nothing wrong with my caps lock. It's obvoiusly too hard to for you to figure out the capslocked words. It's okay, your mother still loves you.

Run along now and try to do cool stuff so everyone will you like you.

Last edited by mc2; 06-21-2005 at 01:54 AM.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:00 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Houston . . . We have a lift-off.

Old 06-21-2005, 12:43 PM
Widdle ya into kindling
WOW, I can't believe this thread is still going. LOL. Wonder how many pages it will get up to. I thought it would be dead by now.

Old 06-21-2005, 09:46 PM
G35Driver.com should look into starting an annual "Haters' Ball."