G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

maybe got scammed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gman2004
xg35driverx is a good guy. I don't know him personally but he is on this site regularly and is a member of the Florida G35 Club. I don't think you got scammed. I am sure someone with DC headers will chime in.
After seeing the emails (if they are true) xg35driverx seems to be a dirt bag. I hope this does not taint everyones opinion of our club. I am willing to to send the notaz $3 to try and right xg35driverx's wrong. We have 125 members and if everyone did the same that would get notaz his money back.

Old 07-31-2005, 06:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After seeing the emails (if they are true) xg35driverx seems to be a dirt bag. I hope this does not taint everyones opinion of our club. I am willing to to send the notaz $3 to try and right xg35driverx's wrong. We have 125 members and if everyone did the same that would get notaz his money back.
Sounds very noble Gman, but I don't think that'll happen. Besides, notaz would get his money AND keep the headers too??? Wouldn't you rather "donate" that $3 from every club member to a more honorable cause?? Charity per se??? Anyhow, I don't think your clubs reputation is in too much danger. There's always a bad apple amongst a group, and as your group continues to get larger, you can't expect everyone to be on the same page. It's the politics of life. Horrible situation, and I hope that everything turns out for the best, especially for notaz.

Old 07-31-2005, 07:28 PM
well trust me... these headers are pretty much a mantle piece.. they def arent going on my car... i just wonder what this guy is gonna say to defend himself whenever he is asked about the situation... i can forward the emails to anyone who wants them if you dont beleive their validity... and dont u think he would call bs... he is on this board regularly

Old 07-31-2005, 07:29 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
I think that's a great idea. At least someone over there is trying to do something. How about notaz sells the cheapo headers and you guys collect for the difference?

BTW - Is xg35driverx still a member of your club?

Old 07-31-2005, 07:48 PM
i am really of the belief that he knew the whole time they werent dc headers... he had these same headers for sale in the florida section in june for 300$ SHIPPED... so thats like 250$ after shipping... nobody would ever do soemthing like that if they had authentic new STAINLESS DC headers. I been thinkin... miami is only a 9 hr drive from me hrmm..

Old 07-31-2005, 09:16 PM
Gman2004 thats cool man, even if it doesnt work out atleast you stepped up. I still find it odd that noone can produce this kids contact information for notaz or atleast someone who knows him see whats up and atleast let notaz know if hes screwed 100% and just sell the dc to cut some of your loss. Good luck.

Old 08-01-2005, 12:28 AM
i have all his contact information... what good is that gonna do me

Old 08-01-2005, 07:27 AM
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
I think that's a great idea. At least someone over there is trying to do something. How about notaz sells the cheapo headers and you guys collect for the difference?

BTW - Is xg35driverx still a member of your club?
The link to our club bylaws are on our webpage in my sig below. Read through them and see if you can find anything in there for grounds of dismissal and let me know. Pay attention to Article VI...

Also, I've been told by a VERY TRUSTED SOURCE that one of our club members himself pointed out to the seller that these were not DC sport headers and decided not to buy them well before this sale took place. This individual e-mailed the seller and pointed out the type of header (name, brand, model info, etc...) that they were and the seller knew what he had! I trust this person more than any other friend I have and would 100% guarantee that this sale was done fradulently with malicious intent. The seller definitely and intentionally ripped Notaz off and this really frustrates me to no end.

Again, from a club stand point I don't think that there is anything we can do, but to save face, I too will send $3 to your paypal fund to try to do what I think is the right thing. Now, if this individual were to be banned from G35driver for intentionally scamming another member we COULD (according to the bylaws) kick him out of the club.

The world is full of losers and unfortunately you stumbled across one!

Last edited by neffster; 08-01-2005 at 07:31 AM.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:16 AM
neffster you are a standup guy. thanks for the help... 350$ isnt the end of life for me... but its nearly a weeks pay

Old 08-01-2005, 09:37 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by neffster
The link to our club bylaws are on our webpage in my sig below. Read through them and see if you can find anything in there for grounds of dismissal and let me know. Pay attention to Article VI...
C. If, by majority vote, the Board elects to terminate a member’s membership status.

Start voting!

Old 08-01-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
C. If, by majority vote, the Board elects to terminate a member’s membership status.

Start voting!
We have a pretty liberal and forgiving board. We've had situations where things like this have recently happened with other club members and it's the opinion of the BOD (as a majority) that it's none of our business.

I'm pushing for the other route...

Article VI, 1, A. If the members has been banned from the Club's official Forum, as designated by the Board;

Old 08-01-2005, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by notaz
i have all his contact information... what good is that gonna do me
Was the US Postal Service used for any part of the transaction? If so fill out a fraud complaint here:

https://www.usps.com/postalinspector...dComplaint.htm

Old 08-01-2005, 07:57 PM
Bump for more attention and a resolution of one sort or another...

Old 08-01-2005, 08:12 PM
neffster if knowing one of your members scammed another g35 owner and meant to do it isnt enough to boot him from a g35 club then I dont know what is.

Old 08-02-2005, 03:37 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
For the record...

For the record...

I was slated to buy these from xG35driverx a few months back, but I had to withdraw from his proposal because my money had to go elsewhere. I wish I had saved my pm's/e-mail with him, but I didn't.

At the time, when I had asked "Are these the stainless steel headers made by DC Sports?", he had replied "These are the same, made by JDM sportline, a sub company owned by DC Sports."

I've done my fair share or reading & researching on DC sports to know that's not the case. DC Sports has always been one sole company until they were bought out and merged with AEM.

Either way, I'm sure all of you make you own conclusions on the matter. IF you had unused stainless steel DC Sports headers that were worth $600, why would you sell them for less than $300? It did sound extremely "fishy" to me and I did feel that either he was lying or really misinformed about these headers. I figured anyone else looking to buy these headers from him would share the same sentiments as me before entertaining the notion of purchasing.

But I had to back out of this deal anyway and I felt it wasn't worth my time to probe deeper or argue what these headers really were with this guy. I realize that maybe I should have and raised the red flag on him.

I'm sorry for your loss, Notaz, and I hope you do look into filing this with a small claims court (should you wish to) and get this settled.

I've included pictures of what REAL DC Sports stainless steel headers look like and their documentation and bolts...

Notaz, please take pictures of the headers you recieved and post them here.

Attached Thumbnails maybe got scammed-imgp1920.jpg   maybe got scammed-imgp1929.jpg   maybe got scammed-imgp1926.jpg   maybe got scammed-imgp1928.jpg  

Last edited by Demonteverde; 08-02-2005 at 03:40 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: maybe got scammed