G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

maybe got scammed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 03:39 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
more pics...

Attached Thumbnails maybe got scammed-imgp1921.jpg   maybe got scammed-imgp1932.jpg   maybe got scammed-imgp1918.jpg   maybe got scammed-imgp1924.jpg  
Old 08-02-2005, 08:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Meth68
neffster if knowing one of your members scammed another g35 owner and meant to do it isnt enough to boot him from a g35 club then I dont know what is.
I'll tell you what is enough... It takes a majority vote 5:4 to dismiss a member from our club. I'm a vote for 1 to oust him, but I'm trying to build a case before I present this to the other 8 directors in our not for profit corporation. We've had a case similar to this where a club member "alegedly" passed bad checks to a vendor. We've had another incidence where a club member has "alegedly" broken the law in another club member's parents $1M housing development and the security guards (through the HOA) imposed fines of $250 on the homeowner because this dumby went ~70mph in a 25mph zone and then he got careless driving fines on top of that, etc... In these cases, the majority of the BOD's opinion is that we are not police, rather we are a car club. We do not enforce the laws, we simply provide a place for auto enthusiasts to congregate and have a good time. YMMV

Last edited by neffster; 08-02-2005 at 08:09 AM.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:56 AM
FGC's official flip flopper
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reason the Board has not expelled anyone is b/c these aforementioned events did not happen at a club meet, official or unofficial. We cannot hear and act upon every thing a member does on his own time. We simply cannot police the entire spectrum...especially as we begin to grow into a large group.

However, with that said, there does have to be some threshold that one can cross when they cease to be a "member in good standing" even though they don't fall in one of the specific bylaw categories. This is the exact situation that the next provision (expulsion) was setup. The provision gives Notice to the Board and the individual member and gives that member an opportunity to give a written explanation. Then, after seven days, a meeting can be held and the issues formally and privately discussed. At that time, a majority vote can expel the member.

Now, do I feel that this rises to the level? I do not know as I have not heard the member's side. He is allowed an opportunity to be heard before the Board meets. But, assuming what was said above, fraud in the inducment certainly rises to that level in my book. Fraud is not something I want associated with my Club, nor any of its members.