G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

OFFICIAL '06 G35 Changes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 05:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ Well said. Change is inevitable. And simplicity is a cost saver when it comes to Infiniti and thier electronic gadget additions (in terms of reliability).

Old 08-01-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by Sukairain
OFFICIAL '06 G35 Changes

Coupe:
1) The Intelligent Key
2) Rear Active Steer will be available as options.
3) Bluetooth®
4) Driver’s seat and steering wheel memory, and automatic entry/exit assist.
5) Sport-Tuned Suspension Package will have a unique front fascia, side sills and newly designed optional rear spoiler (standard on 6MT models).
6) Project-beam bi-xenon headlights
7) Vehicle-speed-sensitive power steering
8) 15.1:1 steering gear ratio
9) Redesigned taillights
10) Aluminum accent rings on the door panel speakers.

That really stinks for us new 2005 coupe owners!!
yes that sucks
I like projectors
any 06 pics yet...

Last edited by 6969g35; 08-01-2005 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys do realize that a BRAND NEW G35 coupe is due very shortly right?

No point in even considering trading for a 06 without knowing what the redesigned coupe will look like. If I sell my car, it will be after the redesigned car comes out. I'm betting it'll have well over 300hp too...

Old 08-01-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by g35audioman
You guys do realize that a BRAND NEW G35 coupe is due very shortly right?

No point in even considering trading for a 06 without knowing what the redesigned coupe will look like. If I sell my car, it will be after the redesigned car comes out. I'm betting it'll have well over 300hp too...

Over 300hp... Yum Yum... I think so too ....

Old 08-01-2005, 05:22 PM
Every year there will be improvements over the previous years.. Before getting mine which was last wednesday I was shocked to learn no memeory seats... I thought that would be standard options, but they arent. 06 will have them. Infiniti will slowly started integrating more and more toys because every year they have to come up with newer products inhancements to have ppl purchase them. Now lets say the 19's brembos, the HID projectors all came out in 03, you would have run out of improvements. I am happy with the 05 I got, and with these newer enhancements I bet the price will be higer for the 06. As owner for the 03-04, every price increments helps with resale of the older vehicle.

As g35audioman stated, a newer couple style will be out in couple of years, and thats when I plan on doing an upgrade if I stay in the family.

Old 08-01-2005, 05:26 PM
Should be easy enough to fit the new wing and kit to an 03-05 right? I'm assuming the cars dimensions are still the same.

Old 08-01-2005, 05:55 PM
[QUOTE=GR8TG35]Change is change....it happens with every car, every year. Makes you want to trade your old car for the new model, and take a bath while your at it..

Each year for the most part, our cars have minor changes, sometimes well received, sometimes not....its all about marketing and keeping the customers coming in and coming back.....

Would I like the new Headlights, yes, but I still like the clearance strip light.....

I still like the 04 18" wheels better than anything out there, even most aftermarket wheels....but thats just me.

Do I want memory seats? Why would I. No one, and I mean no one drives my car, let alone climb in the back seat from my side....I have my rules.

Spoilers come, spoilers go. I wouldn't mind having one, but It wasn't that important for me to change my order......

Bluetooth......if I want bluetooth, I'll eat some skittles....j/k

Intelligent key..........another electronic marvel/nightmare..

Point is, the car is going to evolve. Thats what car manufacturers do. Change is important to drive their business......

If you have the money, trade in your car each year, and have the best of both worlds....

Me, I think I'll be keeping my 04 for a long time thank you.... [/QUOTE
My thougts exactly.

Old 08-01-2005, 05:57 PM
I just got my 05 2 weeks ago and there is no doubt in my mind whether or not I should have waited for the 06. Like ppl are saying, every year, there will be improvements to keep the sales up. If you keep thinking, "maybe I should wait for next year", then you'll never get the car. When ppl get the 06 and then sept comes around, there are going to be some that are going to say, "I should have waited for an 07". It's a never ending cycle.

I just know that I'm enjoying my G35 THIS VERY MOMENT and am the envy of all those who wish they had one.

Old 08-01-2005, 06:02 PM
You do realize that we'll see a sedan redesign a full model year before the coupe, so there's still some life left.

What we're seeing here is the next step in separating how the coupe is marketed. They've theoretically carved out the "Sports enthusiasts" from rest of the pack, "Sports luxuriasts." With the 03-04, it was the Brembos only on 6MT, 05 it's the bump in HP and the std. VLSD on 6MT, now it's obvious exterior changes and the rear-steer.

Hmmm, now why would Infiniti want to progressively (Tentatively) target a particular demographic willing to pay more for certain "Sports car" features? Why now do they suddenly care about the general public's ability to differentiate the "Sporty" version, as the Brembos weren't enough? They are trying to _Shift market perception so when (If) the GTR ever comes, the jump in sticker won't seem as ridiculous.

Any way you cut it, that's why I lease. There's always a newer and better down the road.

Old 08-01-2005, 06:06 PM
WRAH
I willing to bet we don't see the next g35 till '08 or '09. Or GT-R

I'm also wonder if they are going to offer a g35 trim level, but have the GT-R as the highest trim? You know what I mean?

Old 08-01-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by WRAH

Old 08-01-2005, 06:58 PM
Officially, it's anyone's guess. My theories:
-New Sedan, MY07'
-New Coupe, MY08'
-GT-R, not in this lifetime

I'm also wonder if they are going to offer a g35 trim level, but have the GT-R as the highest trim? You know what I mean?
I agree, but IF, huge IF, the GT-R makes it over, imagine a trim level that is literally twice as much as the mid-level. They've got a long way to go for it to make good business sense, despite what the "Hardcore" re-badger's hope for.

More likely I think is a higher trim G35 with some features of the beloved GT-R. Like HICAS, wait, hmmm, add a factory turbo and the vast majority of the GT-R niche itch is addressed. It will be close enough for a high percentage here, but not so close that it will smear the GT-R heritage . Fully loaded @~$50K makes the fight fair with the new M3. My theory anyway.

Old 08-01-2005, 09:09 PM
Doesn't Lexus have some two-seater supercar in the pipeline? I think that could lead to GT-R on our shores.....but not in '07.

Old 08-01-2005, 09:36 PM
-GT-R, not in this lifetime

What are you talking about? The GT-R is already confirmed to come to the US in either 2007 or 2008. Its not going to have to make business sense since the GT-R isn't supposed to sell in the kind of numbers that the regular G35 does.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL '06 G35 Changes