G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

OFFICIAL '06 G35 Changes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by deadmanincbh
I forgot what the difference between HICAS and the Super HICAS system?

If a redesign does happen its going to be for 08 for both sedan or coupe and at the latest 09 or 10. I am thinking if there is going to be a rise in price its only going to be the 1.5k for the HICAS option and a $500 for the base models if the xeon lights are standard. I think I remeber seeing a pic of an 05 Japan sedan interiror pic with bluetooth. I dont think bluetooth will any cost to the cars price, from what I read there was no increase when BMW put it on their cars.

Next project for G owners 06 headlights. Last time it was the rear tail lights for the sedan people.

I wonder what new things the Z is going to get.

Im not quite sure if there even is a difference in HICAS and Super HICAS...someone correct me if Im wrong.

Old 08-03-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by Macgyver
Confirmed by whom? I'm happy to stand corrected.

I've seen plenty of magazines trying to break news on the subject because "Super secret photos were taken at the Nuremburg test track." Don't get me wrong, I'm hopeful with the rest of the group, just not holding my breath. You think the death to the 300ZX and Supra TT are not fresh enough reminders to what can happen when the reach of a brand or model gets over-extended in the US. If the earliest possible time the GT-R would make it over, as you say, in 07' OR 08', wasn't so close to when the re-designs are also due, I might start saving. When the GT-R is unveiled in October in Tokyo, if the body is significantly different, meaning it perhaps represents what the re-designed coupe will look like, my story may change. As a concept car, of course it will look different, but I doubt so much that would-be buyers would wait 2 years for the new body on the G35.

Anyway, it's my theory, and I'm not at liberty to tell you everything it's based on, nor do I ask you to believe it. I trust my own logic far more than hoping and hyping magazines. I'm aware mine is not a popular opinion around here. Without proof, we can only agree to diagree .
um...confirmed by carlos ghosn

http://www.import-heaven.net/news_2003.10.22.shtml

source: Dow Jones Business News

Old 08-03-2005, 02:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by _jb
I envy the Bluetooth too.

Are there any pictures of Nokia's 8801 with the keyboard cover off? It seems like they took a nice "candy bar" design and turned it into a "clamshell."

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_8800-pictures-1144.php

www.gsmarena.com my man! EVERY single GSM phone.

EDIT - Be ready to shell out 700$ more or less (its 900 in europe but rumor has it it will be cheaper in the US).

EDIT2 -
Originally Posted by JZ39
But the time is displayed on the Nav.
Not if you are in the settings or in the MPG menu with the leaf which is where I put my NAV when I know where I am going.

Besides, the illumination of the 05's clock is cool (circle in the middle illuminates) and the handles are chrome.

Last edited by G35_coupe_6MT; 08-03-2005 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:21 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Originally Posted by G35_coupe_6MT
EDIT - Be ready to shell out 700$ more or less (its 900 in europe but rumor has it it will be cheaper in the US).
$700 for a phone? I think I'll be sporting my ooooold Samsung s307 for a while, all because of the G. Ah the modding bug, no money for me

Old 08-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Gangster Member
I want that phone, but gun comes first

Old 08-03-2005, 04:53 PM
I don't see why anyone would want to buy a new 06 because if a new body style comes out in 07-08 you only have your car for 1-2 years then it will depreciate greatly because of the body change. I guess thats why they have to add all these features because people rather wait a year for the new body shape then buy a model the last year its out.

Old 08-03-2005, 04:56 PM
Does anyone know when the 06 6 speeds would come out (January 06? like the 05 6 speeds?)

Old 08-03-2005, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by Insanex1
I don't see why anyone would want to buy a new 06 because if a new body style comes out in 07-08 you only have your car for 1-2 years then it will depreciate greatly because of the body change. I guess thats why they have to add all these features because people rather wait a year for the new body shape then buy a model the last year its out.

Good point...but still thinkin too hard and too much about it. Its simple, people want to drive it now, and in 06, you'll be the shlt driving an 06 reagrdless of any changes in years to come.

If we all lived waitng for redesigns, none of us would have a car right now.

Old 08-03-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Cabal
um...confirmed by carlos ghosn

http://www.import-heaven.net/news_2003.10.22.shtml

source: Dow Jones Business News
And yet despite having read that statement from nearly 2 years ago, my opinion remains. Note that it's also not a confirmation, but more the source of all the speculation.

Again, my theory on the subject is not based on what's been said in the past. Many things have changed since then, as they were riding the Altima high at the time. Nissan has some very aggressive marketing plans, some will happen and some won't. With growth and profit on a steady rise, I just don't see them throwing caution to the wind when it comes down to business. They may take some risks, but don't expect them to make the same mistake twice. I'm not retracting, but when I said, "Not in our lifetime," it was meant as an exaggeration as in, "Not within say 8+ years," and certainly not 2008. Read my earlier post regarding the direction of the G35 model year changes relating to a GT-R demographic target, and that they are in the right direction, but a long way yet to go. There are ways they could bypass the US restrictions I think, by selling the engine/transmission as a separate piece, meaning the car is categorized as "Kit." The Noble does something like this.

The point is, the reason there hasn't been a clear answer from NNA is because they don't know yet. I think they want to make it work and so do I, but I think in this case, wanting may not be enough. Believe me, I hope I'm wrong. The current production target for the GT-R (2007), doesn't include a North America version.

Old 08-03-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by Macgyver
And yet despite having read that statement from nearly 2 years ago, my opinion remains. Note that it's also not a confirmation, but more the source of all the speculation.

Again, my theory on the subject is not based on what's been said in the past. Many things have changed since then, as they were riding the Altima high at the time. Nissan has some very aggressive marketing plans, some will happen and some won't. With growth and profit on a steady rise, I just don't see them throwing caution to the wind when it comes down to business. They may take some risks, but don't expect them to make the same mistake twice. I'm not retracting, but when I said, "Not in our lifetime," it was meant as an exaggeration as in, "Not within say 8+ years," and certainly not 2008. Read my earlier post regarding the direction of the G35 model year changes relating to a GT-R demographic target, and that they are in the right direction, but a long way yet to go. There are ways they could bypass the US restrictions I think, by selling the engine/transmission as a separate piece, meaning the car is categorized as "Kit." The Noble does something like this.

The point is, the reason there hasn't been a clear answer from NNA is because they don't know yet. I think they want to make it work and so do I, but I think in this case, wanting may not be enough. Believe me, I hope I'm wrong. The current production target for the GT-R (2007), doesn't include a North America version.
October 22, 2003
Source: Dow Jones Business News

" TOKYO -(Dow Jones)- Nissan Motor Co. will market from 2007 a new model of its flagship sports auto, the "GTR," as "a global car," president Carlos Ghosn said Wednesday at a round-table meeting with the media.

It will be the first time for Nissan to market the model globally. Ghosn said the company will launch the model in markets including the U.S., Europe and Japan.

The new GTR is expected to be the successor to the Skyline GTR model, which was launched in January 1998 and available only in Japan. Nissan stopped marketing that model in August 2002. "

at the end of the day you believe what you want to believe. a reputable news source has quoted the CEO of nissan who has confirmed that a version of the GTR will eventually be released for the US market. He even said that he projects the new model will be available in 2007. I think the words of Carlos Ghosn are much more credible that whatever opinions you or I have to offer.

you can argue semantics or theories all day long. i'm citing credible evidence that has been provided by the CEO. Show me solid proof, i.e. words from top nissan execs, that have stated otherwise. Although I may concur with you that nissan has a very aggressive product cycle AND they may fall short of their target release date, until you have facts/details that exclusively conflict with the evidence given, your opinions are meaningless.

The only huge debate internal to nissan regarding the GTR that has surfaced to the public is the issue of branding (NA) the final product. some sources say it will be a nissan some other say it will be infiniti. Personally, i think it would make more sense to brand it as an infiniti because first of all nissan already has pure 2 seater sports coupe and secondly the target demographic that nissan NA caters isn't very likely to pony up 70k++ for a japanese sports car. The G35 has sent enough of a precedent to serve as a forerunner to the GTR. It would make a lot more sense and greatly enhance the brand image/recognition of infiniti with the GTR in it's product line.

Old 08-03-2005, 06:51 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Macgyver, talk is cheap and speculations are cheaper. Let's bet

I'll bet you $5 the next generation GT-R will arrive in US before 2008.

Old 08-03-2005, 07:08 PM
2008 Skyline GT-R

Just read an article about it in a magazing, has some sweet pics of the 2008 GT-R, this will be the first time it is going to be offered to NA (guess they think we're ready), so we def. won't see it till late 2007, early 2008, but from the pics I saw, def. worth the wait, 400+ HP!!!

Old 08-03-2005, 08:42 PM
Rollin On Dubz
The Gt-R is all speculation, I like to believe it's coming here. But no one can say when, or what kind of price tag it will carry. One thing I heard is its going to have a 70k price tag and compete with much higher end cars like the porsche 911. Another thing I hear is its going to cost 50k and compete with the m3's and s4's. Who knows?
I think it does make sense for them to make it infiniti, because it's going to compete with "luxury sports cars" i.e.. BMW, Audi, Porsche, etc....

But opinions are like *******s, everyone's got em!

Old 08-03-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by Sukairain
Macgyver, talk is cheap and speculations are cheaper. Let's bet

I'll bet you $5 the next generation GT-R will arrive in US before 2008.
I'll take that bet, but it'll have to be left-hand drive for payment.

Cabal, I believe I adressed your ancient linked article in my earlier response.
This was also before they decided to go global (again) with the Infiniti brand. A lot has changed.

I swear to you both, I hope to lose $5 here. Wish all bets were that way.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL '06 G35 Changes