Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 10:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn and i got my 05 a couple months ago

Old 08-01-2005, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by arizonag35coupe
What are you talking about? The GT-R is already confirmed to come to the US in either 2007 or 2008. Its not going to have to make business sense since the GT-R isn't supposed to sell in the kind of numbers that the regular G35 does.
Confirmed by whom? I'm happy to stand corrected.

I've seen plenty of magazines trying to break news on the subject because "Super secret photos were taken at the Nuremburg test track." Don't get me wrong, I'm hopeful with the rest of the group, just not holding my breath. You think the death to the 300ZX and Supra TT are not fresh enough reminders to what can happen when the reach of a brand or model gets over-extended in the US. If the earliest possible time the GT-R would make it over, as you say, in 07' OR 08', wasn't so close to when the re-designs are also due, I might start saving. When the GT-R is unveiled in October in Tokyo, if the body is significantly different, meaning it perhaps represents what the re-designed coupe will look like, my story may change. As a concept car, of course it will look different, but I doubt so much that would-be buyers would wait 2 years for the new body on the G35.

Anyway, it's my theory, and I'm not at liberty to tell you everything it's based on, nor do I ask you to believe it. I trust my own logic far more than hoping and hyping magazines. I'm aware mine is not a popular opinion around here. Without proof, we can only agree to diagree .

Old 08-01-2005, 11:21 PM
I want to see pictures of this new front bumper, sideskirts, tail lights, and spoiler!

Old 08-01-2005, 11:23 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
List of Sukairain wanted:

1) aluminum center console
2) 298hp
3) Projector headlights
4) MP3 ability
5) Bluetooth
6) Intelligent Key
8) Redesigned tail light
9) Upgraded interior

~BUT~

We've got the Brembos!

Old 08-01-2005, 11:33 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sukairain
~BUT~

We've got the Brembos!
Sad thing is, someone in Cali was just selling his Brembos for $1800. Too bad they're far down my shopping list or I would have jumped on them.

Old 08-01-2005, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by LakeShoreG35MD
The only really thing that I want are the projectors. I would also like to see the "new design" of the G, but personally I think the G's look awesome as they are now. Exactly how much do you think it will be to get those projectors into our cars if it is at all possible?? I'm thinking around $700 ?? or am i being too naive... :P
Looking at the pix, it would appear you have to buy the whole housing and everything in it. It'll be much more than $700. You can go to www.performancenissanparts.com to see how much the current headlights would cost.

Old 08-02-2005, 12:29 AM
Originally Posted by Macgyver
Confirmed by whom?
I was going to post the same question, but it seemed a little argumentative for this forum - or I'm in a bad mood tonight and I would have really been a smartass.

The fact is that nothing is confirmed and we will all find out at roughly the same time when, if any, GT-R is coming stateside and what it will look like. I maintain that '07 is too much wishful thinking, but again that's just my opinion.

Old 08-02-2005, 01:32 AM
i think the changes are neccesary and good to the car, but not enough to say make the 06 that much better than the prevoius models. afterall, u'll have to pay for the upgrades anyways. now, if they sell 06 at the same price as 05 with all the upgrades, then i had be put my order down for one.

as for increased hp..i doubt it. they just increased the hp to 300 (298)..they wont increase anymore until the GTR comes with TT or whatever it will have. moreover, u can look at Z..the highest is 300hp, they wont give G35 a higher hp than the Z except the GTR (if it goes make it here).

i sure would like to see the pix of the new 06 and see how the changes would make the car look. however, changes dont always mean good. like many have said, the more electronic gadgest u add, the more problems u may have down the road, and that means more $$$!
as for looks, changes also dont mean better looking car. no one has seen 07...heck, not even 06... even they do redesign the car in 07, it may look uglier than the current G35. look at the new E90 3 series.. i think its heck ugly compare to the prevoius model E46. is the new car better? well, from the magas, the new 3 series is supposly somewhat better than the prevoius, however, the "looks" to me is way uglier. plus, the prevoius 3 was already the best car in its class.

also, talking bout significant upgrade. what would the 05 M3 buyers think when the new M3 comes out with the big V8 and 400+hp? but then again, the price may be alot higher than the 50K it starts with on the current M3.

this is an endless cycle, just be happy with what you have. if you have to have something, then either go aftermarket or trade your car in.
after looking at 06, and if the upgrades and the money for it does not worth it, then i'll rather get an 05 for cheap and use that extra money to mod it.

keyless entry is just useless...is it so hard to put a key in? plus i think a push start button is alot hotter than having a keyknob in there to turn..wouldnt' it be the same as just putting ur damn key in and turn it? i dont see the point of it!

the only thing i want is the projector headlight if i would make the decision. we'll c since i dont have my G35 yet..i still go time to decide..hehe!

Old 08-02-2005, 01:43 AM
hmm. i don't care about much of the changes, but i'm pretty sure i am gonna do a headlight swap. i could care less about the other features like memory seat, bluetooth and so on. but i'd do like to see what the rear spoiler looks like..

Old 08-02-2005, 03:29 AM
im glad, now i can buy an 05 for cheap

Old 08-02-2005, 03:58 AM
Highly doubt there will be a major price increase. There usually isn't one between model years. the 05's were pretty much the same price as the 03-04's. I expect this to be the same, with maybe $1000 increase if that.

In any case, if someone has not yet purchased a 05, but is planning to, then you might as well wait for the 06.

Old 08-02-2005, 08:12 AM
dR6
Do you guys think Grubbs will offer VPP pricing to board members when the '06 comes out?

Old 08-02-2005, 08:17 AM
The only thing I really really want is the Entry Assist that comes with Memory Seat. It's so hard to get In/Out of this car with such a big door cuz you can't open it so much especially in a cramped parking lot.

Old 08-02-2005, 09:58 AM
This bites... Why does nissan change all the time? I thought they just made big improvements in the 05, now they are already doing changes to the 06? The heck... I just sold my s2k and wanting to get an 05, but with this whole 06 having new taillights and headlights, it makes me want to wait. but i don't know if i can wait for the 06 6spd (dec, or jan 06). So i think i'll be brave and just get the old style 05 G35 this week. upsets me how they change stuff so frequently, it seems like.

Old 08-02-2005, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by dookiewhat
This bites... Why does nissan change all the time?
Nissan has a pretty quick product development life cycle . . . it made them competitive but now annoys us . . . all these good new changes so fast!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL '06 G35 Changes