G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Has anyone else starting to feel Paranoid and looking for problems?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 03:03 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Has anyone else starting to feel Paranoid and looking for problems?

Has anyone else started to feel that we spend too much time worrying about our cars and not enjoying them as we should? What I'm starting to see is myself spending countless hours browsing the forums looking for problems others have had and then when I read stories about other people having problems, I start looking for it on my coupe too. Even though, for the most part, the problems might not even exist but I find myself wondering about it while I drive my car. I guess I should stop browsing for the obscure problems and just enjoy my car more.

A good example of this is when I heard about the 2003-2004 G35 Coupe owners hearing clicking noise from their rear axle. As far as I can find, it only exists in the 2003-2004 model built before Feb 16, 2004 (according to the TSB). I own a G35 Coupe model 2005, which I just bought in July which I can't hear any sound but am constantly hearing slight noise when I shift into gear (which doesn't have anything to do with the rear axle problems). Is anyone else feeling this way? I do find helpful tips and mods on these forums too so it isn't a complete waste ;-) Happy Driving G35 Owners!

Old 08-15-2005, 03:08 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Nope. Life is too short. I read, offer advice where I can to help solve a problem, and enjoy my car. I got my first ding out of the way early so the cherry is long gone even though the car only has 3000 miles.

I often tell myself that these forums are a concentration of knowledge. Any problems with the G will be magnified here. My chances of having the same trouble are about the same as with any other car.

If something poops the bed, I'll get it fixed and move on.

Last edited by GeeWillikers; 08-15-2005 at 03:12 PM.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm going thru the same now...trying to convince the dealer that I do indeed have a bad wheel bearing.....just because I am paranoid doesn't mean that someone isn't following me.

Old 08-15-2005, 03:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With there is a mention of a new problem, I simply keep in mind and see if it happens on my car. If it does occur, make an appointment, get it addressed and move on. But am I ****, YES and will make sure everything is okay.

Old 08-15-2005, 03:41 PM
With the syptoms you have I would diagnose a mild case of hypochondria and I would reccomend you avoid the health forums or you may end up with cancer.

C'mon it's August. Stop worrying and

DRIVE

gawdammit!

Old 08-15-2005, 04:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I find myself doing the same thing, and the shifting noise is just you going into gear, that is normal and not only on Infinitis...

Old 08-15-2005, 04:44 PM
Thats why I lease

Old 08-15-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by mephistomyhero
Has anyone else started to feel that we spend too much time worrying about our cars and not enjoying them as we should? What I'm starting to see is myself spending countless hours browsing the forums looking for problems others have had and then when I read stories about other people having problems, I start looking for it on my coupe too. Even though, for the most part, the problems might not even exist but I find myself wondering about it while I drive my car. I guess I should stop browsing for the obscure problems and just enjoy my car more.

A good example of this is when I heard about the 2003-2004 G35 Coupe owners hearing clicking noise from their rear axle. As far as I can find, it only exists in the 2003-2004 model built before Feb 16, 2004 (according to the TSB). I own a G35 Coupe model 2005, which I just bought in July which I can't hear any sound but am constantly hearing slight noise when I shift into gear (which doesn't have anything to do with the rear axle problems). Is anyone else feeling this way? I do find helpful tips and mods on these forums too so it isn't a complete waste ;-) Happy Driving G35 Owners!

I have a 2005 and the clicking is there. I have not gotten a chance to brng it in to have it fixed and I am not overly worried about it. I read the stuff on the forums but I don't focus on the problems other people are having with their cars when I am driving mine. I drive to enjoy the joy of driving, I don't have the time or temperment to worry about what might happen life is too short live it to the fullest.

Old 08-15-2005, 05:06 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks for all the input guys. I appreciate all the feedbacks. I agree with every one of the replies here too. Life is short and I'm just going to enjoy it and stop thinking too much into this :-) Geez, I still have the dealer plates and I'm worrying too much :-P

As for this one thing with the clicking noise (which I haven't hear yet), I'm not too concern from it either. I just hear horror stories like "...only if I found out sooner..." so I get a bit paranoid since this is my first new car.

Well, thanks again and I'm going to now just DRIVE and have fun with my G35 Coupe!

G35 Diamond Graphite (only option: Sunroof so I can add my own personality to the car later!)

Old 08-15-2005, 05:39 PM
WELL.. I just brainwashed myself not to think about it... got rattling from panel in front of Navi, rear mirror housing, and shift *** area. Dealors are useless to fix it because it is summer and as we know, metal and certain material expands under heat, and when it is hot out there, all these rattling sounds are gone due to the expansion.

I am gonna bring the car back in late fall to have some dealor checked out.

Old 08-15-2005, 05:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is this your first 'nice' car? then you might feel this way.

Ive kinda gotten use to driving cars that I like so little noise here and
there doesn't bother me. paranoia isn't good for the soul anyway.

Originally Posted by mephistomyhero

Old 08-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Now that my car has so many nicks from rocks, I have totally relaxed about it in general. Every new chip or nick or swirl used to make me crazy. Now, I just keep it waxed and clean. Everything else is impossible to prevent anyway. Life is too short to waste time worrying about the car. I just enjoy the awesome ride.

Old 08-15-2005, 05:56 PM
you my friend are a victim of lower standards then what you where xpecting from a hight end car...

the mistake is to think that infiniti is a hight end car maker... They do make Hight end cars but not all of them are....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Has anyone else starting to feel Paranoid and looking for problems?