G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

More treble??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 01:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: More treble??

wow i really like the placement of the dvd screen, good job, is there a custom fit for that?

Quick Robin... TO THE BATMOBILE.

Old 07-20-2003, 02:03 AM

Where is the Stock AMP?? Is that replaceable? cuz i would sure luv to use a 4 channel amp i jave to power the rear deck speakers.. and some aftermarket tweeters cuz they are weak.. the bose does have a nice mid range sound.. my opinion. i jus put in a sub and it sounds real nice still using the OEM radio.. im planning on putting the tweeters in the front some where out of sight. not exactly sure where yet.

Old 07-20-2003, 02:59 AM

Limeg35,

i believe the amp is sitting at the rear, where the spare tire is at. If you open the trunk and looking toward the front, it will be on your left toward the rear light. I didn't have a chance to measure the amp to see what ohm it is.

I think i saw some1 on freshalloy use the factory amp and run after market speaker. If i am correct, it was a MB Quartz.

Also i had my tweeter place where the factory tweeter was at. It was a major work for the installer because the focal tweeter is 2 inch compare to normal 1 inch.

g35mt

Old 07-21-2003, 10:35 AM

"No highs, No lows, just BOSE!" hehe

anyways, the amp is located to the left of the spare tire in the rear. Try this site if you want to mix Bose with other stuff. http://www.linkmeup.com/

Old 07-21-2003, 02:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

" believe the amp is sitting at the rear, where the spare tire is at. If you open the trunk and looking toward the front, it will be on your left toward the rear light. I didn't have a chance to measure the amp to see what ohm it is. "

i have the stock amp on my lap right now...two connections on one side...one is 24 pins for power?,other is two rows of 4 prongs, have no idea how many channels are there...either way, my setup sound like crap, the hi-lo converter is killing it (i think), need to upgrade the radio badly, too bad that Nakamichi went out of the car audio business,was lQQking forward to have MB-100 installed, i am leading toward pioneer's DEX-P9 with DEQ-P9 right now, hopefully that will help, well see.

BTW...i have an 5AT, there isnt any room for the screen, like where you put it at, think two trannys are different, there is only bout 2-2.5 inchs on 5AT's...s.w.

03.5 coupe 5AT DG/G premium,performance

Old 07-21-2003, 02:58 PM

If you leave the amp connected, you can find out which wire is the power, ground, remote, etc using a multi-meter.

I believe the 24 pins are for the speaker because there are total of 8 speakers, therefore require at least 16 connections. Anyway, i believe some1 in this forums got a diagram from the dealer. I forgot who it was but i met him at the Torrance meeting back in June.

Sorry i didn't realize there was a differentces between the AT vs MT. Thanks for the information. Post your pic after your installation, if you decided to go with the pioneer.

g35mt

Old 07-21-2003, 06:34 PM

This wednesday I'm replacing my fronts with MB Quart QSD 216's and the rears with Quart 6x9's. Plus a 110x4 Fosgate amp. I've heard people describe the quarts as actually having too much bass. I'm hoping all of this will sound pretty good compared to the stock speakers.

Old 07-21-2003, 06:47 PM

Oops, that should read that people say the quarts have too much TREBLE, not bass.

Old 07-21-2003, 07:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MB guart's high are really bright, cause the material in both of high's and mid's are titanium,i've heard many of them over the years, heavent had pleasure with the QSD tho...i went with the ADS just cause their high's are more mellowier.

g35mt...the install was done last week, just the amps and speakers...just haven't decide as yet what to do with the radio, weather to swap it out or do what you've done, or do i want in-dash montior with DVD or to put the LCD on the trunk lid...you know, your regular indecisiveness...hehehe, well see, soon, i hope...s.w.

03.5 coupe 5AT DG/G premium,performance

Old 07-21-2003, 07:56 PM

WELL!? How do they sound? I'm really anxious to hear my new speakers. Is it a significant improvement over the stock system? Did you replace the Bose or the base system? I'm wondering how well it will all sound with the stock Bose HU.

Old 07-21-2003, 08:16 PM

Snareman,

I audition the MB Quartz, the one that cost over 1000. I own MB quartz before and i know for a fact that the tweeter is really high. I figured the top of the line model might be difference but i was wrong. I didn't like it because the high was really bright. If you listen to an artist that have high pitch, you will know what i mean. It really scream. What that does, IMHO, it overshadow the mids. Imagine you listening to music that all you hear are the highs, little bit of exagerration but you get the point.

I also audition the Dynaudio, diamond audio, and Focal. Overall i think the diamond audio(s600s) sound the best. But i chose focal because i like there mids. I have never hear of any car speaker that have such good midrange. The vocal is incredible. The high on the focal is a tad bit thin and bright but with my Head unit, i was able to fix that. The diamond audio highs doesn't kill your ear because it uses silk dome tweeter. Silk dome tweeter are soft to your ear compare to titanium or aluminum tweeter.

Also why you want speaker that have soft tweeter so that when you listen to music for a long time, you won't feel fatigue.

lastly i want to stated that it is all matter of taste. Some people like the sound of MB Quartz while other don't. When come to sound, one person like high vs some like lows vs mids, etc. So there is really no way of determining the best speaker out there. It's your ear that count.

G35mt

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by g35mt on 07/21/03 05:20 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 07-24-2003, 01:26 PM

Hi:

On the various G35 boards it is remarked that “Bose Blows”, the most common complaint being that it lacks solid base and sparkling treble. I am not a car audofile junkie but I did find that the upgraded Bose system lacked highs. This is a way to correct this problem by re-recording your CD’s. It will only work on CD’s, not on your car radio or satellite.

Hook your pre-amp out to your computers audio input. (You can get the connector cable at Radio Shack.) Set the Base and Treble higher (you can also turn on Loudness) and using your computer software, record your CD tracks independently. They will be recorded as .wav files. Do not rip to MP3!!! If you have a Dynamic Expander, turn it on, (except for classical). With a dynamic expander, you may need to reduce the base and treble levels into the minus area. Using a Dynamic Expander (if you have one) gives the best results to any up beat music! (All of this works best if you have a good sound card in your computer. On board audio may not give good results.) I have been pleased with the result from my Sound Blaster Live and will soon upgrade to an Audigy 2 for 24 bit recording. Do NOT buy an Audigy 2 if you are running any version of Win 98!!!!!

Because everybody’s stereo and computer are a bit different and due to differences in personal taste, first experiment with only one CD track that you want to enhance the sound on. Pick a track that has strong, low bass tones and good treble. After recording it to your hard drive as above, burn it to a CD. Then put the CD in your car player and see if you need to revise the record settings on your Hi Fi. Once you have the Hi Fi pre-amp settings where you want them, you can record and burn more of your CD library.

This technique can also be used to record and enhance FM music for your own personal use.

When burning your enhanced music tracks to CD, be sure to record at a speed of 16 X or less. This should give a better CD burn for more sound clarity and playback.

I have done the above and the improvement in sound quality in my G35 is very significant!
And I can save lots of money because I don’t need to upgrade my G35's sound system.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by sybertel on 07/24/03 10:29 AM.</EM></FONT></P>