G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

tired of this

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 01:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tired of this

Originally Posted by BBB
i thought the m3 and the evo were faster than the CTS-V in both 0-60 and 0-100 times..
I know street/highway racing is wrong(do it any way) but I'm sick of paper racer's flaming a thread I posted just droping in to compare the car I traded my G for.
0-60 1/4 mile times are not the end all and be all of a cars speed. It seams like people read every little artile about what ever car they own pick the FASTEST times they see and start telling people thats what there car does. so many things go into SPEED. temp,gearing,drag, power curves, hp/lp elevation ect. on paper a rx-8 is a 1/10th of a sec here or there from the G but those are all corrected times 1st of all. 2nd by the time they down shift 2 gears get into the powerband they have lost a sec or so and in a race that is very hard to make up. It would be safe to say it is hard to milk great speed form a high reving car unless you know shift points or are allready in the powerband at the start. Gearing- the evo-8 has good(not great power)hp and the hp to weight is super, and the traction is high (good and bad) but a crappy power band and real short gearing(5speed only, never drivin the 6speed). any of you who have EVER tried to launch an evo,wrx,s4 know how hard it is and even with a down shift at speed you still get lag in the power and the top of the power band you lose power and lets not talk about intercooler heat trans rate and how much this afects your power. when drivin great in perfect cond. the evo will get to speed quick due to short gearing but it's not so fast above 100mph. from a role my G keep up or out paced my friends evo in high speeds and would pass after 135ish (never even seen an MR,so it's not what I'm talking about). TQ is the great real world equlizer, the 300C does it paper stats close to the G but it will beat a G in just about ANY cond. because it's easy to get speed form it and it dosn't take much perp to get it, smashing the gas is alot quicker then thinking and down shifting. The 5-60mph and the 50-70 ,70-90 tests are a lot better at letting you know a cars true speed. I have seen G's run 14.3-16.1 1/4 in real life unmodded 6mt/auto and the same car and driver times would go up and down. where 4 speed auto c5's were putting 13.6-9 all day long. I could go on all day but I get flamed for wrighting a review.and I know some people don't like highway racing...but I just wanted to say If you have never drivin a car dont act like you know about it because you read a 1/4mile time in a mag or your buddys, buddys hairdresser has one. A M3 might be a better car but it is not faster then a cts-v. I drive them both alot

Old 11-01-2005, 01:51 AM
Call the Cops
thats my bad, i wasnt trying to flame.. its not like i didnt believe you.. i just wanted an explanation to the 0-60 and 0-100 times i have read for all three cars.. and you did just that.. i totally agree

Old 11-01-2005, 01:59 AM
ok that might have been a bit much on my part. and it wasn't just you I just pulled yours. The main things keeping the V's 0-60 1/4 mile time down is traction and wheel hop also part of traction. where the m3 has a similer powerband to the g before it goes into extra revs and doesn't over power the wheels the V's wheel are almost help less a stop or low speeds and often only last 5-7000 miles with hevey footed driving the only 8 1/2 in wide and the V puts around 310 ft/tq to the rear wheels at 2000rpm stock. At highway speeds where traction is less of an issue it comes alive

Old 11-01-2005, 05:10 AM
You might want to check this link out... may help a bit.

Old 11-01-2005, 05:20 AM
Originally Posted by gtgatsby
You might want to check this link out... may help a bit.

^^ hahah

I've seen a Televison spot were they raced the CTS-V vs the E46 M3 0-150-0 and of course the CTS-V killed the M3 in acceleration and braking. BUT I'd much rather have an M3. CTS-V and all the american car's I've ever seen/driven/sat in have crappy quality period. Including my previous C5 corvette,300C and, Yukon Denali all BS car's but I give the The CTS-V it's props performance wise.. that just my $0.02

Old 11-01-2005, 05:26 AM
who cares, the M3 is better looking than that nasty cts.

face it, you got one of the ugliest cars on the road.

...i believe the M3 is the faster car though. sorry

Last edited by thejared; 11-01-2005 at 05:32 AM.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:00 AM
that am painfull to reed I needs sum a$$prin.

Old 11-01-2005, 08:15 AM
with any car in any race on any street hwy or strip. It comes down to driver's skill. Knowing your shift points, knowing how to shift/launch/brake/steet etc. Just because your car is faster at the hands of a pro driver doesnt mean your driving skill is the same and will achieve the same times. Hell if you are going stop light to stop light the launch is key. I beat a 5.9L dakota w/ drag slicks and .411's w/ a 1.8t. (Ok i cheated and it was raining and it was my boss and he was really pissed.) Point being that mag's and news papers tell you what a car can do its really up to you to kow how to get the most our of what you have. Ill take a slower car that i feel comfortable in and can drive the wheels off of over a slightly faster ( on paper) car that i have never driven. So w/ the 5-10 cars that match up closley on paper it mostly comes down to drivers skill.

Old 11-01-2005, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by neffster
that am painfull to reed I needs sum a$$prin.

true...

Old 11-01-2005, 02:05 PM
As long as we're ranting... all the people that bring up "driver's skill" as the great equalizer. It's always used like this:

"Yep, that car is a little faster, but it all comes down to driver's skill."

The humorous part is that everybody that uses the "driver's skill" excuse is basically saying:

"Yeah, that car is faster, but my driver's skill p0wns everybody else's driver's skill on the road... so even if I come across a faster car, my glorious driver's skill will kick his ***."

Basically, assuming that they are the best driver on the road. What if that person next to you is as good or (gasp!) a better driver than you? Then you'll really get p0wned.

Same goes for AT vs. MT arguements...

"My AT is faster than you and your MT and your sucky driver's skill..."

Ugh.

Just once, I'd like to hear "Yeah, I drive a C6 Corvette MT, but my driver's skill sucks so much, I knew the guy in the stock 5AT G35 next to me was going to kick my ***."

Old 11-01-2005, 03:44 PM
aside from straight line stuff...how does the M3 compare to the CTS-V on any given road race track?

Old 11-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by trebien
As long as we're ranting... all the people that bring up "driver's skill" as the great equalizer. It's always used like this:

"Yep, that car is a little faster, but it all comes down to driver's skill."

The humorous part is that everybody that uses the "driver's skill" excuse is basically saying:

"Yeah, that car is faster, but my driver's skill p0wns everybody else's driver's skill on the road... so even if I come across a faster car, my glorious driver's skill will kick his ***."

Basically, assuming that they are the best driver on the road. What if that person next to you is as good or (gasp!) a better driver than you? Then you'll really get p0wned.

Same goes for AT vs. MT arguements...

"My AT is faster than you and your MT and your sucky driver's skill..."

Ugh.

Just once, I'd like to hear "Yeah, I drive a C6 Corvette MT, but my driver's skill sucks so much, I knew the guy in the stock 5AT G35 next to me was going to kick my ***."
I have AT G35, and I know I couldn't smoke RSX-S cuz my shifting sucks...

so I didn't bother to race

Old 11-02-2005, 05:47 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5544233221418521541&q=driftcts-v's are very capable cars

Old 11-02-2005, 06:31 PM
Talking

All cars are great in some way, but for me its what do I really like about the car and which part of performace I can live with out or maybe I can modifie to get it the way i like it.

I test drove alot of cars From C6, Charger R/T, M3, gs430, C230comp, 911c, and etc..., but in the end i liked my G35 the most.

I dont really care what othere pepz want or what they think as long as i like my ride Or they can pick from my two Supras MKIV or MKIII

Old 11-02-2005, 07:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
it's those dumb spec racers that compare cars just by looking at advertisements and magazines and imagining things as if they actually
raced someone.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: tired of this