G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

my g35 coupe woes.. again

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 11:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my g35 coupe woes.. again

My 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe story.

I purchased a new G35 from Atlantic Infiniti in Lynbrook, NY and drove my new car home on October 1st, 2005. Later that day, as I was about to start the car to pull it out of the drive way I noticed that the keyless entry remote wasn’t working. Not only that, the keys did not start the car-none of the keys that was given to me would start the car. The car was sent back to the dealership on a tow truck that same day. Nothing could’ve been done the same day because it was a Friday and the service dept was already closed. This is the first time I’ve had any problems with the car. The following Monday (Oct. 3rd), all of the keys were reprogrammed and the car was released back to me.

The car was driven back home and while trying to start the car the following morning (Oct 4th), the same problem happened again! The second time the car failed on me!

The car was sent back and kept for 3 days this time and was released back to me on the 7th. It’s been a week and I still haven’t had a chance to keep my car for an entire day. After the car was released on the 7th, everything was fine up until the 20th of October.

The car failed on me yet again. A tow truck picked up my car from where it was left parked up (scratching the front bumper) and carried the car back to the dealership. Work on the car began on the 24th and was completed on November 2nd.

At this point, the car has been out of service for a total of 21 days-out of the 35 days I’ve owned it.

Yesterday morning I picked the car back up and went out, as I was about to drive back home, what do you know? The car would not start. This is the 4th time the car would be going back to be repaired for the same problem every time.

Old 11-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Considering the problem, I'd try to Lemon Law/trade it for a new one.

Old 11-04-2005, 11:39 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Lemon law time.

Old 11-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I dunno what you been waiting for... But its time to raise BS flag with the dealer and ask for a new car.

I'm not sure how many miles its has on it, but i wouldnt even bother talking to the dealer... get all that paper work with lemon Law squared out in the mean time and go from there to the dealer.

If i was you i would have been pissed the second time it happened. And asked for another car.

Old 11-04-2005, 11:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hexxum001
Lemon law time.
I agree. You should definitely invoke the lemon law. Don't wait.

Old 11-04-2005, 11:44 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
This is one of the few legitiment Lemon Law cases I've read about on here. I would definitely contact the BBB, Infiniti, etc and get the Lemon Law paper work going.

I wonder if there is a short somewhere in the battery, ECU, or harness from battery to transmitter box. Obviously what they're doing isn't working. After two times they should have figured this out.

Old 11-04-2005, 12:08 PM
I'd like nothing else than to get an entirely different car. This one has been giving me problems literally from day one.

However, I live in New York and NY Lemon Law requires the car be repaired at least four times before the car can be considered a lemon. This is the 4th time the car has been to the dealer for the same problem and they have yet to figure it out. If i've read the lemon law correctly, the car needs to be repaired at least once more and fail again before I can call in about a lemon.

I came from an E46 3 Series thinking Japanese engineering would live up to expectations but wow......
I do realize this is an isolated problem but it's definatly giving me a horrible impression about Infiniti.

Infiniti Consumer Affairs and the Dealership has been no help to me besides trying to fix a problem they clearly cannot fix.

Old 11-04-2005, 12:14 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well depends on how many miles are on the car. I would think if you have say 200 miles and the car for a month... i would see lemon law would be on your side

remember there are loop holes

Old 11-04-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by myGspot
Well depends on how many miles are on the car. I would think if you have say 200 miles and the car for a month... i would see lemon law would be on your side

remember there are loop holes
The car has 470 miles on the odometer. Purchased with 9 and a majority of the rest were put on from trips back and forth to the dealer.

Old 11-04-2005, 12:28 PM
ICA should be making your payment. Seriously. At the very least. I wouldnt say anything to the dealer. Go straight to the Lemon Law process. You dont want them complicating it.

Old 11-04-2005, 12:31 PM
got off the phone with a lawyer...

Arbitration would take about 2 months to get another car but the fees are $1,200

A lawsuit against the dealer would mean I don't pay and money because the lawyer fees are retrived from the dealer but it can take about 2 and a half years because the car was purchased in Nassau County and I live in Queens.

Old 11-04-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by rick505
got off the phone with a lawyer...

Arbitration would take about 2 months to get another car but the fees are $1,200

A lawsuit against the dealer would mean I don't pay and money because the lawyer fees are retrived from the dealer but it can take about 2 and a half years because the car was purchased in Nassau County and I live in Queens.
Dang!
I'm sorry to hear about this, I hope they get it fixed permenantly this time... I think their Master Tech needs to be fired after hearing this!

Old 11-04-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by htownboy
Dang!
I'm sorry to hear about this, I hope they get it fixed permenantly this time... I think their Master Tech needs to be fired after hearing this!
not lookin to get anyone fired.. even if the problem is persistant.
just lookin for another car!

Old 11-04-2005, 01:38 PM
Lemon Law

Old 11-04-2005, 01:42 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Have you tried talking to a manager at the dealership? If I was the manager at the dealership, I would be embarassed by this. It is a complete joke that this is happening to you. Coming from a Honda, I expected an upgrade in every sense, from the dealer to the car to customer service after I bought the car. Fortunately for me, I have not had any problems and have had only pleasant experiences so far with the dealer. I hope that you can get this worked out so that you can experience why so many of us luv our G's. Good luck bro!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: my g35 coupe woes.. again