G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Will the G35 Coupe become timeless?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 08:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Will the G35 Coupe become timeless?

Do you think the G35 Coupe will become timeless like the Supra? Albeit the Supra came in a single turbo trim model from the factory, the G35 has more power than the N/A Supra (putting out 115 or 125 hp....can't remember exactly) and possibly the factory turbo version? I mean the G35 has great styling, one of the best ***-ends in the business, and alot of potential. All three characteristics of the Supra. Will it have that mystique the Supra has.........like it's coveted by so many people. Maybe because you don't see many of them in my area. Or maybe because prices of the Supra skyrocketed after The Fast and Furious. Just wondering.

-Chris

Old 11-15-2005, 08:53 AM
IMHO, No

Old 11-15-2005, 08:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SilverII
IMHO, No
+1... simple and to the point.

Old 11-15-2005, 09:13 AM
Wow that was quick

-Chris

Old 11-15-2005, 09:23 AM
Only if the G35 go N/A and gets on the big screen, just like the Supra.

Old 11-15-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by Houston G
Only if the G35 go N/A and gets on the big screen, just like the Supra.
I can see that point too I guess

Old 11-15-2005, 09:39 AM
Eh, you can say it is the American Skyline and no one understands. Do you think they'll understand that in the future? In the end it is just and overpriced Nissan.

I highly doubt even the new 350Z will be as coveted as the old 300. The car manufacturers are stepping up every new model year and it seems to me like there are too many other cars coming down the pipe to say that these cars will be forever. The STI and Evo8 are probably higher on the list. The SRT4 though won't last. It is the first of a nice breed (read early 90's American turbo cars) but won't last either.

Old 11-15-2005, 09:54 AM
Maybe if they put it in a movie, with a lot of stickers and make it shoot out fire from the exhaust.

Old 11-15-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by 1BADV6
Eh, you can say it is the American Skyline and no one understands. Do you think they'll understand that in the future? In the end it is just and overpriced Nissan.

I highly doubt even the new 350Z will be as coveted as the old 300. The car manufacturers are stepping up every new model year and it seems to me like there are too many other cars coming down the pipe to say that these cars will be forever. The STI and Evo8 are probably higher on the list. The SRT4 though won't last. It is the first of a nice breed (read early 90's American turbo cars) but won't last either.
Well in regards to the Z vs. the G, the Z has a predecessor to compare to. But the G is coming into it's own for the first time. And yeah, people won't understand it's the American Skyline (as my badging will state ), but it's the first of it's kind.....correct?

It is in fact an overpriced Nissan, but has it's own unique styling.

Early 90's American turbo cars.........TT Grand National?

-Chris

Old 11-15-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by Rutra
Maybe if they put it in a movie, with a lot of stickers and make it shoot out fire from the exhaust.
Bwaaaahahaha.........

-Chris

Old 11-15-2005, 10:03 AM
I think the biggest reason that the G might not become a classic is due soley to it's weight. Otherwise, the lines of the car almost ensure classic import status.

While I know the reasons for the 240SX's popularity, if you've seen a clean example, especially with a wide-body kit, you know how good the lines still look on that car (the rear fenders - 1/4 panels to be specific). In this day of fast model turnaround and questionable, quickly dated design fads, the lines of a car are one of the single most important factors to long-term success. That and mod-friendliness have always been key factors in cult-status cars

Old 11-15-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by GT-Ron
I think the biggest reason that the G might not become a classic is due soley to it's weight. Otherwise, the lines of the car almost ensure classic import status.

While I know the reasons for the 240SX's popularity, if you've seen a clean example, especially with a wide-body kit, you know how good the lines still look on that car (the rear fenders - 1/4 panels to be specific). In this day of fast model turnaround and questionable, quickly dated design fads, the lines of a car are one of the single most important factors to long-term success. That and mod-friendliness have always been key factors in cult-status cars
It's funny you should mention the G's weight because was gonna put that factor in my opening thread but forogt . The Supra is by no means a featherweight. It's basically an over-weight Celica (well not basically but you know what I mean )

I mean if you wanna talk wide-bdoies, look at the Top Secret widebody for the G35. It's a very clean kit that keeps with the lines of the G35. I think the G35 will become more mod-friendly as time goes by.

Good points!

-Chris

Old 11-15-2005, 10:36 AM
LEK
That Guy

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
^^ i agree with the above posts...

my opinion is maybe if later versions of the g35 become mod friendly it may become a classic... but then again...supra is still more expensive.

Old 11-15-2005, 10:49 AM
God people are dumb.

The supra is so over priced it's rediculous.

You can pick up a late model supra in ANY other part of the world for WAY under 20K.

It's has a nice factory setup, but it's ugly as sin. I have no idea why people idolize it so much.

Old 11-15-2005, 10:52 AM
I think if nothing else, there are too many of them for the car to be timeless.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Will the G35 Coupe become timeless?