G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Uncomfortable drivers seat!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 01:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Uncomfortable drivers seat!!!

Screw Infiniti. I made an appointment with a local auto upholstery guy to fix the !@#$%&*$ thing next week. He says he is sure he can make a BIG improvement to it. I will try to remember to take pics. I am still gonna write a letter and send pictures to the ICA address listed above. I am not sure yet, but I may well be finished with Nissan/Infiniti after this experience. Acura/Honda are already on my **** list, so I guess it will have to be Lexus or BMW next time. As you can tell, I am pretty pissed off right now! Good night all.

Old 04-18-2004, 11:09 AM

I was just thinking maybe it would be more effective to tell magazines like motor trend or c&d about this problem. If they actually publish something about it, the bad publicity will probably have a lot more pull with infiniti than a few angry emails.

1991 Infiniti G20. Possibly in the market for a G35 sedan depending on a few things.

Old 04-18-2004, 09:11 PM

My homemade modification has resolved my leg pain 100%. It was well worth the time and effort I put into the project.

Old 04-19-2004, 12:30 PM

I've put a few hundred miles on since the mod by the aircraft shop. (BTW, it took pretty much all day and cost $400). Unfortunately, my leg is still hurting. It's a little strange because I can barely feel the bracket when I push down on the bolster w/ my hand. I think the problem is that after sitting on the seat for a year I've developed a "princess and the pea" syndrome in my upper right thigh). The extra padding they put in is very stiff and a little uncomforable too, but I can feel it softening up a bit.

Bottom line is that I'm giving this another month. I refuse to drop more $$ on the seat or take another day to fix it (I'm sure the guys in Camarillo would work it again but I don't have the time). If after a month I don't feel better, I'm trading it in. It's just too bad that their is no other car that really interests me.

I'll post again in a month.

Old 04-19-2004, 05:02 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is so ironic is the M45 seat, they KNOW it's an issue and 'fixed' it in the next M45, there is no good reason why they shouldn't make a TSB to lower the G35 controls. They have to take the seat out anyway for the existing TSB, so it wouldn't take them that much longer.

WEAK...

Mize
Silver 03 6 Speed Sedan/Willow/Premium
Wish List:
18x8 SSR GT1 with 245/40/18 Kumho Ecsta MX
Springs/Shocks/Sway Bars
http://www.AutomobileFanatic.com

Old 04-20-2004, 12:48 AM

Hello Mark. I am glad that you have found a true solution. I am curious - did you lower the controls again like you were thinking you might? If so, how did you attach them? As I last recall they were rubbing against the console. How did you resolve this? Do you have any newer pictures available? I am sorry for so many questions, but I am gonna try to get my seat fixed this week or next and any more info or pics would be a big help.

The guys I talked to are considering completely moving the controls elsewhere(maybe to the lower seatfront) and then creating a full bolster on the right to match the one on the left. Thanks for any help...

Old 04-21-2004, 11:32 AM

I called ICA, talked to a nice rep, they admitted knowing it was a "concern", but told me a fix was not available, I will follow up with a letter to above address

04 G35 Sedan DG-G 6MT

Old 04-21-2004, 07:53 PM

I have not yet had time to move the seat control. This is not a simple chore, as the seat must again be removed. Yes, the seat control does rub against the console, but I am not so worried about it at the moment. When I do move the control, I will fabricate some simple bracket from the metal I previously removed to alleviate the original problem. As always, I will post pictures after the job is complete.

Old 04-21-2004, 10:31 PM

Thank you Mark. : )

Old 04-30-2004, 11:08 PM

I am new to the forum and want to thank all those who posted with seat issues, it is nice to know that I am not crazy. Bottom line is I am having serious problems with my bottom seat bolsters painfully digging into my hip bones (see my posting "Seat Bottom Bolsters - Please Read" in Coupe General). Well, for those who understand, I went an lost a little bit of my mind and yanked my seats out of my brand new car to try and find the problem.

Here is where it gets interesting. The bracket in my 2004.5 coupe is not the same as the ones you guys have shown here. My bracket looks smaller and the attachment posts are different, not to mention more out of the way. I am going to try and attach pics, let's hope this works...

But the question begs to be asked, did Infiniti change the design and leave some of you guys hanging?

242879-Bracket 1.jpg

Old 04-30-2004, 11:09 PM

More pics

242880-Bracket 2.jpg

Old 04-30-2004, 11:11 PM

and another one

242881-bracket 3.jpg

Old 05-01-2004, 03:46 AM

Welcome and thanks for your pics Gashed. It is purely insanity to place metal posts and brackets in ANY part of ANY seating surface! Period! Those engineers responsible should be sentenced to 1 year with no breaks sitting in these damned seats!!

Old 05-04-2004, 01:15 AM

the sad part is, the engineers who designed these seats are probably 5'6" 140lbs. They are having a helluva time figuring out what we're all talking out about. I'm not a skinny guy, I'm not obese, I'm an average American. The only thing I can figure is I have wide hips, there is really no fat on my hips and I don't have much of a butt to speak of. The girls at work on casual day all tell me I need to find some jeans that "hug" my butt. I can't find any. I'm not joking here, I think that maybe if I had a J-Lo thing going on it might elevate me up above these stupid brackets.

I purchased a lame blanket from Walgreens that matches the Willow, and doubled it up, I tried this for a few weeks and it was ridiculous. I too am sickened by the response from Infiniti. They stepped up to the plate on the brake rotor issue, but they are not wanting to touch this one, and we all know that they know, that's the worst part. I used to have a 2nd generation Supra Turbo, they were reknowned for having blown head gaskets, to the point someone on the web started running statistics to try and get a recall, thousands signed the webpage, but a recall never happened, this is my fear about our plight. I hope they don't see us as some statistical outlier malcontents, I really love the rest of the car, I thought the Bose was lame but I took that into my own hands and got it taken care of. I don't feel I should have to deal with this issue in a "luxury" car, and I honestly don't have the expertise to attempt a fix.

I think we may have possibly solved the mystery of why the WWII Kamikaze pilots were so willing to crash to their deaths, their Zeros had seats designed by Infiniti, they were forced to fly for days....they were numb anyway.

Sorry for the whacked humor folks, but it's midnight, I haven't been in my car for 5 hours, and the right side of my thigh is numb. It wasn't like this in my old Z-28.

Signed....
Me and my numb right leg love most of my G

Old 05-04-2004, 09:20 AM

I am starting to think that the bracket may have nothing to do with the seat issue, at least in the coupe. I think that the seat is too narrow and it sinks too much when sat in, forcing the bolsters into your hips/legs creating pressure points that some people can take, but others can't. It is especially bad on the right side because the bolster is thicker. I am going to try and seek some legal advice and I'll let you all know what happens.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Uncomfortable drivers seat!!!