G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

No!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 11:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No!

So last nite I went to a party - left my car parked in the street far away from any driveways or anything. So I leave the party and leave my car since I'm a little tipsy and our DD drove his car. I get a call from the guy whos party it is to come back ASAP, I didn't hear it ring. He calls my friend who makes me leave then says -erik your car might be totalled. I'm like wtf? So we get back - and some dude in an avalache truck backed into my car and took out the majority of my front passenger side of the hood / car. Lovely. Call the police - they get there fun stuff - so had to wait till 7am to get towed - but at least Inf roadside covered the tow - pretty sweet. I'll post pictures later for guestimates but man I miss my car already! Anyone here have any advice on what I should do to make sure I get everything properly squared away w/ rental car / diminished value / etc? If so please pm me - I've never been in an accident b4 like this. Oh well--- if they do total it (it looks to be 6-8k in damage) 07 sedan! :-P

Old 06-25-2006, 11:40 AM
RXM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hopefully the insurance claims it as totalled and you can get a new 07. I got dibs on your Stillen CAI and Coupe Wheels

Old 06-25-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by RXM
Hopefully the insurance claims it as totalled and you can get a new 07. I got dibs on your Stillen CAI and Coupe Wheels
Hehe who knows I'd like it to be totaled since I dont want a gimp car - but we'll see. You got the dibs :-0 The worst part is the avalache had a scratch on the bumper.a scratch - i have bent sheetmetal a destroyed bumper and HID housing ugh..

Old 06-25-2006, 12:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats y i always drive my car will nvr leave her eapecialy with my custom paint job..dam man that sucks ......i also was at a part last night was tippys myself but i would nvr leave my car..knock on wood..i am not 1 of thos idiots who drive slammed ..just tippys woty woot g power

Old 06-25-2006, 12:32 PM
RXM
I think the only way they'll classify your car as totalled is if you have a bent frame though. I wouldn't want a gimp car either. In my opinion, if someone damages your car, your entitled to a brand new car. If they don't give you a new car, maybe you can sue for the depreciation of your car. I heard it being done before, b/c the owner said if he were to sell the car, it wouldn't sell for what it normally would because of the accident.

Old 06-25-2006, 12:33 PM
From the sounds of it i doubt they will total it damage has to exceed like 70% (not sure on the exact % but around there) of the cars value being a 05 the car books in the high 20's low 30's. And i bet they will use used parts to fix it they did on my Explorer

Last edited by RedlineUnlimitd; 06-25-2006 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:34 PM
^^^^^^Slow typer^^^

Old 06-25-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by RXM
I think the only way they'll classify your car as totalled is if you have a bent frame though. I wouldn't want a gimp car either. In my opinion, if someone damages your car, your entitled to a brand new car. If they don't give you a new car, maybe you can sue for the depreciation of your car. I heard it being done before, b/c the owner said if he were to sell the car, it wouldn't sell for what it normally would because of the accident.
Yeah that's dimished value - 20%+ of the repair cost although I may go for more. Yeah I want a new car argh it's damaged goods now haha. Oh well... I just want my car back and I'm going to be sure to get a luxury rental - I pay a lot to drive this car I'm not driving a pos for a month or however long for it to get fixed. Where I'm taking it I know the body shop owner so I should be all set :-)

Old 06-25-2006, 12:47 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by erikill

So last nite I went to a party - left my car parked in the street far away from any driveways or anything. So I leave the party and leave my car since I'm a little tipsy and our DD drove his car. I get a call from the guy whos party it is to come back ASAP, I didn't hear it ring. He calls my friend who makes me leave then says -erik your car might be totalled. I'm like wtf? So we get back - and some dude in an avalache truck backed into my car and took out the majority of my front passenger side of the hood / car. Lovely. Call the police - they get there fun stuff - so had to wait till 7am to get towed - but at least Inf roadside covered the tow - pretty sweet. I'll post pictures later for guestimates but man I miss my car already! Anyone here have any advice on what I should do to make sure I get everything properly squared away w/ rental car / diminished value / etc? If so please pm me - I've never been in an accident b4 like this. Oh well--- if they do total it (it looks to be 6-8k in damage) 07 sedan! :-P
Sorry to hear that man......but if the damage is only to sheetmetal, I doubt insurance will total it.
The good thing is that nothing too important was bent like the frame, so easily fixed.

G/L with the repairs
C.

Old 06-25-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by Msedanman
Sorry to hear that man......but if the damage is only to sheetmetal, I doubt insurance will total it.
The good thing is that nothing too important was bent like the frame, so easily fixed.

G/L with the repairs
C.
Yea sheetmetal and that fiberglass stuff under the hood is all cracked up also - there could be frame damage who knows - a friend hit a curb in his G coupe the other day by accident and bent his frame. Easily fixed - I hope so but dealing with insurance is a pain the rear end! Esp because I have to go out of town tomorrow and now change my flight!

Old 06-25-2006, 12:51 PM
RXM
Yeah that's dimished value - 20%+ of the repair cost although I may go for more. Yeah I want a new car argh it's damaged goods now haha. Oh well... I just want my car back and I'm going to be sure to get a luxury rental - I pay a lot to drive this car I'm not driving a pos for a month or however long for it to get fixed. Where I'm taking it I know the body shop owner so I should be all set :-)
Just FYI, the insurance might low ball the $hit out of you like they did to my sister. Adjuster came out and took a quick peek and when the check came our face was like because we were wondering how that small sum was going to cover the cost of getting the repairs done and so Infiniti called the insurance company and told them the REAL cost and now they cut us a bigger check

Old 06-25-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by RXM
Just FYI, the insurance might low ball the $hit out of you like they did to my sister. Adjuster came out and took a quick peek and when the check came our face was like because we were wondering how that small sum was going to cover the cost of getting the repairs done and so Infiniti called the insurance company and told them the REAL cost and now they cut us a bigger check
Right well the good thing is the repair shop I know the owner - so we can be sure we are super comprehensive - oh and I have no problem hiring a lawyer to sue them for anything - I already sued this insurance company once for a drunk driver hitting me (while I was in the car)

Old 06-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident. It really boils my blood when people are so stupid and careless around other people's property.

Can I call dibs on your Z-Tube and maybe the Spacer? :P

-E

Old 06-25-2006, 01:19 PM
RXM
Right well the good thing is the repair shop I know the owner - so we can be sure we are super comprehensive - oh and I have no problem hiring a lawyer to sue them for anything - I already sued this insurance company once for a drunk driver hitting me (while I was in the car)

Thats funny because I'm awaiting settlement from my head on hit and run accident two years ago...the way the lawyers move...I will see the money in the year 2023.

Old 06-25-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by Empz
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident. It really boils my blood when people are so stupid and careless around other people's property.

Can I call dibs on your Z-Tube and maybe the Spacer? :P

-E
Yea but is it an "accident" when someone is driving when they prob shouldn't? Granted it wasn't malicious - more of just plain stupidity!

Haha you got it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.