Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 03:35 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Location: Universe.Milkyway.Solarsystem.Earth.NorthAmerica.USA.FL.Tampa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Click Sound

Top of the day to you all,

This sound may have been there before and could be normal but I figured I would seek some advice here before I take my G in.

I have a 20005 6MT and when I drive off from a stop I hear a click and then again when going in to second and again when going into reverse. Almost sounds like a twig breaking but a little more pronounced.

At first I thought it was the AC Clutch kicking in on my car or another near me but I just road tested on a vacant street and it is definitely coming from my car. The sound seems to emanate from the right side.

My test was with the VDC off and was a slow take off and if I bump the gas a little I hear the click as the car speeds up and slows while in gear. sort of a click, click.

Any insight would be genuinely appreciated.

Old 09-29-2006, 03:41 PM
kinda sounds the same its been talked about before but my 03 was doin it and i took it in and they took my rear axel apart and re packed it for me and it stopped

Old 09-29-2006, 03:43 PM
"It’s never enough”
There is a TSB on it print it out and take it to your dealer that way there is no well maybe this maybe that.

Old 09-29-2006, 04:08 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Sounds like the axle TSB to me. Mine doesn't do anything like that.

Old 09-29-2006, 04:49 PM
Good thing I looked at this thread. My 04 AT does the same thing. Metallic click when engaging reverse and 1st/2nd too. Sounds like I need a trip to the dealer. Thanks gents!

Old 09-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Wow tjanks for the great responses folks. I didn't want to head into the dealer sounding like a over worried owner.

Old 09-29-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by 4DrSkyline
Good thing I looked at this thread. My 04 AT does the same thing. Metallic click when engaging reverse and 1st/2nd too. Sounds like I need a trip to the dealer. Thanks gents!

I guess this is why they say it is good to talk about your problems LOL. This forum is like therapy for G owners.

I just booked my appointment for Monday maybe they can prescribe me some meds to help with my ADD or it is ED... ok you know that problem where... j/k

Old 09-29-2006, 06:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did you make sure to get a loaner? When I scheduled mine they were going to book me for a wednesday, but when I asked them how long it would take they said half a day. I had to reschedule to a different day that a loaner was available.

Old 09-29-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by Dakkerz
Did you make sure to get a loaner? When I scheduled mine they were going to book me for a wednesday, but when I asked them how long it would take they said half a day. I had to reschedule to a different day that a loaner was available.

Thanks for asking/reminding... They actually asked me if I needed one. Thankfully. I would have been a bit disturbed to get all the way there only to find out no loaner. Whoa.

Old 09-29-2006, 08:46 PM
Good to hear its all squared away. Had to get this done few weeks ago as well since I'll be doing quite a bit of driving.... Tampa tomorrow for bachelor party and naples next week for wedding.

Hope everything goes well for you and the issue is resolved.

Old 09-29-2006, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by Dakkerz
Good to hear its all squared away. Had to get this done few weeks ago as well since I'll be doing quite a bit of driving.... Tampa tomorrow for bachelor party and naples next week for wedding.

Hope everything goes well for you and the issue is resolved.

Are you designated driver? I mean the one designated to get the groom there.

We are celebrating our 8th annvrsry this weekend it was actually on the 26th but I recall having my best man drving me to Miami for the weeding and hurricane George was coming ashore. He asked me if I thought it was a sign from god and if we should turn back. LOL. the turnpike was wide open not soul was on the road no one but us fools.

My best man scored with the maid of honor... So a lot of people got luck that night.

This is the first year since we have been married that a hurricane has not hit the US during our annvrsry

I hope you uys have a blast and may the bride and groom have a wonderful life together.

Old 09-29-2006, 11:31 PM
the same thing happened RIGHT when i bought it. i took the car in the same week and the service rep said its a common problem with the sedans. its the axle, the bolts tend to come loose. they'll just retorque them down. but it will take an hour wait, so be prepared.

Old 09-30-2006, 01:43 AM
ohhh ****t....i guess im gonna have to go to the stealership asap..

Old 09-30-2006, 09:51 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I get the metallic click sound too. it only happens when I first start moving from a dead stop. also, if I let off the throttle immediately after I hear the click, I get another click. I can keep the clicking going by going throttle on/throttle off.

It also comes from the right side.

anyone know the TSB by chance. I can't wait to see the dealerships' face when they see the turbo under the hood.

Old 09-30-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by QuadCam
I get the metallic click sound too. it only happens when I first start moving from a dead stop. also, if I let off the throttle immediately after I hear the click, I get another click. I can keep the clicking going by going throttle on/throttle off.

It also comes from the right side.

anyone know the TSB by chance. I can't wait to see the dealerships' face when they see the turbo under the hood.

sounds just like I am experiencing..

I havent had a chance to look up the tsb yet but I will in a few minutes

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Click Sound