G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

She has twins, greddy twins that is...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 03:59 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
The anticipation is killin' me, get to check out Tim's car in person in just a few hours! Drive safe man.

Old 09-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by RSergent2
Hey I saw your car yesterday on my way home from work, what a way to end the workday!

It was on baseline & 10, near the AZMills mall.

Beautiful ride, I had to give mine a pep talk when we got home, she was a little depressed after seeing yours

LOL, you mean when it was missing a head light and front bumper? LOL
I was re-painting my lights and in the middle of modifying my bumper. Driving around mad-max style...

Old 09-28-2009, 01:40 PM
Grocery getter

Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
The anticipation is killin' me, get to check out Tim's car in person in just a few hours! Drive safe man.

Not so great once you see it in person is it?

Too many flaws. It will look a lot better the next time I come out for you to shoot it!

Would you ever consider flying or driving out here for a shoot?

Old 09-28-2009, 01:43 PM
ill Sedan

Tim, your ride exceeded my expectations for sure!

Maybe we could set something up around HIN AZ. I'll be out there for a few days. If you aren't ready by then, for sure I'd consider flying out there.

Old 09-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Grocery getter

Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
Tim, your ride exceeded my expectations for sure!

Maybe we could set something up around HIN AZ. I'll be out there for a few days. If you aren't ready by then, for sure I'd consider flying out there.

If you are going to be out for HIN in December that would be perfect!

Old 09-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Grocery getter

So here are the most recent changes. I don't have any pics yet but will steal a few of Marcus' and others from the meet this weekend to post for now. Marcus' pics look way better than any of the ones I take anyway!!

1) Modified Kurookie bumper. I opened the center up to better fit my IC and allow air to flow over the larger power steering cooler I have right above my IC. I did all the glass work and then had my friend paint it for me.

2) Full wire tuck. Another DIY. Long process since this is my daily driver.

3) Removed the CF from my strut bar and polished it.

4) Polished a lot of other stuff under the hood.

5) Custom tanks. Both tanks follow the fender lines. Driver's side is coolant. Passenger side is a dual tank, half is power steering and half is an oil catch can. These are not covers, they are the actual tanks. Kevin from Nichols Auto Fab (shop who has done sooo much great work for me) and I made these. He did most of the passenger side one and I did the driver side one. He welded them both and I polished them both.

6) Re-painted my tail lights. Forum member Black Rain painted them for me and they bubbled up very bad, then he refused to warranty his work so I sanded them down and had another shop re-paint them for me.

That's most of it, the rest is just little clean up stuff.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:48 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ttrank
So here are the most recent changes. I don't have any pics yet but will steal a few of Marcus' and others from the meet this weekend to post for now. Marcus' pics look way better than any of the ones I take anyway!!

1) Modified Kurookie bumper. I opened the center up to better fit my IC and allow air to flow over the larger power steering cooler I have right above my IC. I did all the glass work and then had my friend paint it for me.

2) Full wire tuck. Another DIY. Long process since this is my daily driver.

3) Removed the CF from my strut bar and polished it.

4) Polished a lot of other stuff under the hood.

5) Custom tanks. Both tanks follow the fender lines. Driver's side is coolant. Passenger side is a dual tank, half is power steering and half is an oil catch can. These are not covers, they are the actual tanks. Kevin from Nichols Auto Fab (shop who has done sooo much great work for me) and I made these. He did most of the passenger side one and I did the driver side one. He welded them both and I polished them both.

6) Re-painted my tail lights. Forum member Black Rain painted them for me and they bubbled up very bad, then he refused to warranty his work so I sanded them down and had another shop re-paint them for me.

That's most of it, the rest is just little clean up stuff.

MAN! I wish I lived out West, I would love to check out for car in person. All of your really hard work and dedication shows. Congrats on all the work and man hours you've put in it.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:40 PM
Grocery getter

Thanks

Here's a couple quick pics Marcus took at the meet last weekend.

Name:  DSC_0760.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  192.7 KB

Name:  DSC_0845.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  199.8 KB

Name:  DSC_0846.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  229.0 KB

Old 09-30-2009, 03:57 PM
ill Sedan

Recent changes are awesome Tim! You did an excellent job on your wire tuck, with that plenum its diffucult to hide everthing. Your custom fabbed tanks are very unique, nice work. Bumper mod is awesome too!

Here is one more photo I got at the meet:

Name:  DSC_0944.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  161.8 KB

Old 09-30-2009, 04:41 PM
Grocery getter

Thanks Marcus! Your pics are amazing as always. I'm already excited for the shoot this December.
The tuck sure took a lot of time since I had to get each step done and drive to work the next day. Those tanks were fun. Hours and hours or bending, sanding and polishing. LOL I have to thank my friend Kevin Nichols for helping me out so many times and charging me so little. My car would not be half as done without him!

Ah man, I can't see pics at work. I'll have to wait until I get home to see it!

Any chance you are going to show the photoshoot guys the pics once you are done with them?

Old 10-01-2009, 03:20 PM
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
I like the wire tuck. Looks like it cleaned up the engine bay a lot. I see you also removed the front coolant hose that runs across the timing cover. Is that the DM2 bypass mod?

BTW. I want to let you know that there is a 3.5" throttle body option for our cars that bolts up. I see you have plenty of room around the plenum inlet for one.

The TB I'm talking about is made out of an LS2 drive by wire TB and only 12 have been made by 2 people and sold to Nissan Titan owners. I've been trying to get some wiring pics of the TB but the Titan owners are not very cooperative. The TB has adapter plates and is wired to work with our cars. Since you and Nichols do custom metal fabrication it might be an easy and inexpensive way to add 20hp to your car or more since your car is FI.

If you are interested here is a pic. The wiring harness is hidden in all the pics I found of it. I am going to go to the ls1tech forums and ask people there for the FSM on a LS2 car to figure out the wiring. The adapter plates are very easy to get a hold of and they are already cut to size. Just have to know what size and make a guess and drill them out. http://www.midweststeelsupply.com/st...1aluminumplate

Last edited by Andrei; 10-02-2009 at 04:14 AM.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ttrank
Thanks

Here's a couple quick pics Marcus took at the meet last weekend.

what meet? where? az??? wow ... how can i register so next time will be get the information???

Old 10-02-2009, 12:57 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by str3zz
what meet? where? az??? wow ... how can i register so next time will be get the information???
no the big meet was in cali. We post the local meets and drives in the west forum:

https://g35driver.com/forums/west-42/

Old 10-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Grocery getter

+1

It was a huge meet in long beach, almost 100 people just from this forum signed up. There were threads everywhere for months!

Old 10-02-2009, 10:07 AM
Grocery getter

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: She has twins, greddy twins that is...