G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Taillight Mod in the works!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
Yes, it is working great… I’ve done a few additional things – the jmonsale mod, which is reverse light red when parking lights are on and the rear side markers blink – will post pics or vid soon (hopefully).

As for the module specific to this thread – as Kevin stated, wiring to continuous power (either Bose amp or rear defrost) and follow the instructions sent with the module… the issue of covering the OEM blinker bulb with foil was actually the easiest way to accomplish what I was looking for… you can wire resistors or leave them blinking – it all depends on what effect you are after.

Edit: I see Gee was asking about the voltage feedback... I'm not sure if Kevin has a solution to wire within the module, but the diodes mentioned a few posts up did the trick and everything is fine. It's actually very cool and I can't wait to get a vid posted for you guys.
Oooops... I guess I spoke (typed) too soon. Apparently the voltage feedback problem is not corrected. It was noticed over the weekend that the tails are lighting up when car is in gear (again). This was happening previously but after wiring diodes between each module the problem went away... now its back.

When I have time to address it I'll post progress.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:45 PM
good lord... the thing is finally bug proof...

Installed a small relay from BCM brake wire and now everything is dialed in...

If you've been following the thread I realize it seems like a lot of bugs to work out - but now that everything has been isolated and corrected the proper way to make this work has been determined... If you decide to do this mod PM me or talk with Kevin (KPTechnologies) the get the specifics... Kevin might actually incorporate some of the fixes into future modules...

I'm very happy with the final look - and now that it is all functioning flawlessly (knock on wood) I'll get some vids up soon.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does this bug apply to the 6mt sedan as well. I bought this a while back, but still haven't installed it yet. Just curious,

Thanks,
Mike

Old 06-23-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by mitchelm
Does this bug apply to the 6mt sedan as well. I bought this a while back, but still haven't installed it yet. Just curious,

Thanks,
Mike
Unless Kevin updated the boards, it might… to be safe just wire a small relay from the BCM brake wire just before the module and you’ll be fine…

The only other thing you need to figure out is how to omit the OEM blinker (the module just makes the LEDS flash)… You can try using resistors, but that didn’t work for me – I ended up putting foil around to OEM bulb and its just fine.

Ask Kevin for the wiring diagram for the brake wire relay.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds good. Yeah, i think i'm gonna go the same route as you and just put foil over the turn signal bulb. As long as it looks fine from the outside, and i'm sure it does.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by mitchelm
sounds good. Yeah, i think i'm gonna go the same route as you and just put foil over the turn signal bulb. As long as it looks fine from the outside, and i'm sure it does.
you can’t see any illumination at all... I posted a vid earlier in this thread...

I look forward to seeing yours!!!

Old 09-06-2008, 05:44 AM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
Status on this?

Old 09-06-2008, 06:20 AM
Originally Posted by G35 Mass
Status on this?
what do you mean?... If you are asking if it’s working now - yes... I've summarized the glitches in several PMs (I realize its rather scattered and drawn out here, sorry)... I guess I should put together a summary post...

Or maybe you’re asking for others opinion of the mod in general? I which case I guess I'll just shut the hell up

Old 09-06-2008, 08:30 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Although it was never offically released we can supply them.

The price for the entire kit is $124.99 plus $9.99 for shipping.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
Unless Kevin updated the boards, it might… to be safe just wire a small relay from the BCM brake wire just before the module and you’ll be fine…

The only other thing you need to figure out is how to omit the OEM blinker (the module just makes the LEDS flash)… You can try using resistors, but that didn’t work for me – I ended up putting foil around to OEM bulb and its just fine.

Ask Kevin for the wiring diagram for the brake wire relay.
Why don't you just pull out the bulb? I'm confused on the what the problem is...

Edit: If you need the bulb hooked up to keep the system happy, then take the connector out of the light socket. The bulb will flash, but you won't see it in the rear light. If the bulb is just a little bit out of the socket hole, then it isn't visible on the outside. I know this from experience.

Last edited by psedog; 09-06-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by psedog
Why don't you just pull out the bulb? I'm confused on the what the problem is...

Edit: If you need the bulb hooked up to keep the system happy, then take the connector out of the light socket. The bulb will flash, but you won't see it in the rear light. If the bulb is just a little bit out of the socket hole, then it isn't visible on the outside. I know this from experience.
if the bulb isnt in BCM thinks its blown and the dash signal does the quick flash thing...

Old 09-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
if the bulb isnt in BCM thinks its blown and the dash signal does the quick flash thing...
Then either get some load resisters or drop the bulb a little bit out of the lens and it won't be visible anymore.

Old 09-06-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by psedog
Then either get some load resisters or drop the bulb a little bit out of the lens and it won't be visible anymore.
I tried it all... I went over everything earlier in the thread...

Mine is complete and works fine - Its a done project.

Feel free to try different variations for yours.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:36 PM
I tried it all... I went over everything earlier in the thread...

Mine is complete and works fine - Its a done project.

Feel free to try different variations for yours.
I know you said you tried everything, but I didn't see this listed.

When I added LED's to my motorcycle, I used a 20ohm/20watt resistor wired in parallel to the LEDs. Worked perfectly. Just wondering if you tried it.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by KPierson
Although it was never offically released we can supply them.

The price for the entire kit is $124.99 plus $9.99 for shipping.
I KNOW you can do better than that!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Taillight Mod in the works!