G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Taillight Mod in the works!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
A malfunction? Someone backs into your tail light? So I'll assume the answer is "no" the lights aren't removable.
any malfunction would need to be addresses from the plug side - the tails are a sealed unit so there isn't anything you would gain from removing... in 5 years I've never had to remove the tails (have you?)

If "someone backs into taillight" there's a lot more than the molded tail that would need to be fixed (this goes for the more likely scenario of being rear-ended)... but like I've mentioned before, I don't mod my car or even drive my car with the intentions of getting into an accident - if something unexpected happens, I need to get it fixed - just as I would if the car was stock.

So even though there is no need to remove the taillight - yes, it can be removed by cutting the filler (if it's in an accident, the rear is gonna have damage anyway)... It's plastic molded into metal - its not really all one piece the bumper and rocker panels are the same way... it's not as if I had all new body pieces custom made and the are solid... it can all be removed if necessary... its just that there is no need to remove the tails. It would be much more likely to have to remove the sides or possibly even bumper... in fact, I'm already contemplating front fender mod which will require the molded section to be cut so the fender can be removed - no biggie.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:40 PM
the point of the thread bump was to post pictures of the final result (since some people are interested)... it wasn't to address unlikely scenarios (especially ones that have already been addressed).

So here's the initial bump (since page it was on got buried)

Originally Posted by OCG35
figured I'd bump this old thread to post a final pic (even though its been seen in other threads)...

Another reason for the bump is to give another to Kevin at KPtechnologies... I had a minor glitch (presently monitoring to determine if its an issue that needs further attention) - Kevin continues to be very helpful and supportive - it's been quite a while since I had the mod installed and Keven still responded very quickly to my request to discuss some things with him. Thanks Kevin

So here's what the tails intimately ended up looking like

Old 10-28-2009, 03:45 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
You don't have to justify it. I just wanted a yes or no answer. But actually from what I see, a problem with the function of the tail other than the bulb would require the removal of the assembly. Seems like a pain to have to do all the body work over again.

But it's consistent with the rest of the body you had molded.

I've actually removed my tails last year but not from necessity. But tails are made to be a removable item for a reason. But it's understood that you forgo that convenience for looks. No biggie.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:54 PM
^^^ I've never had a need to remove the tails (and now you've admitted you haven't either)... and they are made that way for production nothing else. There is no need to remove the tails.

Edit: I just realized you mentioned "bulb"... the LEDs are in a sealed unit, they aren't replaceable (they are not designed to be replaced)... the only replaceable bulb is the turn signal (which is obviously omitted, so that not an issue) - but that bulb is removed and replaced from the inside anyway, you don;t remove the assembly to replace the turn signal bulb.

Last edited by OCG35; 10-28-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Red Card Crew

If the function of the tails were that reliable, wouldn't it be cheaper to have them be part of the body in the 1st place? IMHO, all parts that are deemed serviable either by repair or maintanance are made removable. There's no need to remove the doors but they are indeed manufactured in a removable manner as is the engine, transmission etc... I've never had to remove those either yet they are made this way (at a higher expense I would assume)

Then again, I never intended to get into this discussion you just dragged me into anyway.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:07 PM
^^^ "I dragged you"... what a joke you are!

You asked questions, I answered them... my reason for updating the thread was to post current pics and be done. I should have had the thread locked at that point - because everything else had been addressed (including the garbage you keep going on about).

Old 10-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Red Card Crew

^^^ "I dragged you"... what a joke you are!

You asked questions, I answered them... my reason for updating the thread was to post current pics and be done. I should have had the thread locked at that point - because everything else had been addressed (including the garbage you keep going on about).
This was my original question:

Um so you can't remove the tail lights as they are partially molded in?
The on topic reply would have been either "yes" or "no". That's it. Done. Finished. No other discussion required. An answer the question wasn't even technically offered until the 3rd reply. And it was contained in the 3rd paragragh under more discussions as to "why".

Was it you or me that redirected the subject by asking another question vs simply answering the original? This is your 1st reply:

can you think of a reason I would need to remove my taillights?
The introduction as to "why" was not done by me. It was done by you. Subsequent discussions were related to the "why" question/subject brought up by your original inquiry.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
But mike, what if a fat chick leans on em?

Old 10-28-2009, 04:23 PM
Red Card Crew

Originally Posted by ShanesG
But mike, what if a fat chick leans on em?
The answer would be "yes". See how easy that was?

Old 10-28-2009, 05:00 PM
This was my original question:

The on topic reply would have been either "yes" or "no". That's it. Done. Finished. No other discussion required. An answer the question wasn't even technically offered until the 3rd reply. And it was contained in the 3rd paragragh under more discussions as to "why".

Was it you or me that redirected the subject by asking another question vs simply answering the original? This is your 1st reply:

The introduction as to "why" was not done by me. It was done by you. Subsequent discussions were related to the "why" question/subject brought up by your original inquiry.
First of all - don't ask me a question and then tell me how to answer you. I will respond with what I feel is necessary.

Secondly, if you aren't cable of mentally digestion more than a "Yes" or "No" response - I suggest you don't ask me questions because I'm not that simple minded.

Third - the question you had is completely pointless - as it will never be an issue in normal circumstances. In abnormal circumstances, there are many things that will be addressed so removing taillights is a moot point.

And finally, everything you asked had been addressed prior - if you are that interested in my car, search the threads and learn. Until then, you aren't capable of comprehending half of what I offer you - so there is no point in continuing your garble.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:07 PM
Red Card Crew

LOL! I didn't tell how you answer. I told you that it was you the directed the thread to where it went and provided definitive proof of that statement. Of course I'm capable of digesting the information. We are of course having this conversation yes?

You can of course reply any way you wish. But don't then complain about the thread direction when it was you that put the discussion in that direction. Again it was you that asked the "why" and I merly replied.

Nothing to get angry or defensive about Mike. Lighten up

Last edited by Jeff92se; 10-28-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:14 PM
^^^ you are comical... all you have to do is read your posts and realize you said more than once "answer 'yes or no'" (that's telling me how to answer, and I don't respond well to demands - especially from you.)... and if you continue reading you will realize you took it off topic to where it ended up.

You are a joke Jeff and you have way too much time on your hands... and I have no more time for you.

Unless you have something relevant to add to my thread. Just drop it.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:17 PM
Red Card Crew

^^^ you are comical... all you have to do is read your posts and realize you said more than once "answer 'yes or no'" (that's telling me how to answer, and I don't respond well to demands - especially from you.)... and if you continue reading you will realize you took it off topic to where it ended up.

You are a joke Jeff and you have way too much time on your hands... and I have no more time for you.

Comprehension anyone? I didn't "tell" you to do anything:

It was you the offered an rebuttal to a question that was never asked.

But the inflammatory accusations are getting interesting.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:18 PM
do you understand this concept Jeff:

or are you incapable of mentally digesting that as well?

Old 10-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Red Card Crew

are you telling me how to reply??!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Taillight Mod in the works!