G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Taillight Mod in the works!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 04:23 AM
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
I planned to call you Andy to tell you about this... you might want to consider a complete overlay (without the sliver angle) - when this is confirmed to work.

Maybe you & Kevin can put a GB package deal together?

I plan to paint mine, but I'm sure there will a lot of people that will go the overlay route - I've had a great 3 years with mine!
Got your message Mike. Thanks .

Bat™

Old 02-19-2008, 04:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This looks great!

Kevin, my only concern/question is this: how will the rear signals flash when the vehicle is off? With the stock configuration, the front and rear turn signals flash when you lock/unlock the car. So with your module, will the rear signals still flash, even when the parking lamps are no on? (Based upon your video, I think the answer is yes because it looks like once the rear signals are activated, they automatically revert to high output and flash). Just wondering.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:27 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I never tested the keyless on my vehicle, but I did test the hazard lights, and the hazard lights work fine. I would expect the keyless system to work fine as well. The module has constant power so whenever there is a light input (whether it brake, turn, or parking) the correct light will turn on.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:20 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by ttrank
Slow down chief?!? This is what I get for all the help I have tried to give you on this mod, your wheels, etc?!? Don't worry, no need to slow down at all, I'll just stop completely.

I was just offering to help out so you would not have to pay someone to wire this up for you. Then I would have sent it up to you. So much for me trying to be nice and helpful.
Tim, you have PM

Old 02-20-2008, 12:28 PM
I made a critical error in determining the illumination intensity while running lights are on… the turn signal will always be brake light (high) intensity (whether running lights are on or off) – however, I had previously asked Kevin to have the signal bright then off with the running lights on… after further observation of other OEM vehicles using same light for brake/light/signal and after verifying the FX OEM, it has been determined that with running lights on the turn signal goes high to low intensity.

The test unit will go bright, off, bright, off (just to be sure it works on the sedan)… but the production unit (or at least the final version I use) will go bright, low, bright, low. Again, this is with running lights on… of course with lights off, the turn signal will be bright, off, bright, off.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah it would be better to have it be bright, low, bright, low when the lights are on. And bright, off, bright, off when the lights are off.

Also i was thinking, try this. Put the hazards on and step on the brake.

What takes over, the brakes or the hazards?

Old 02-21-2008, 04:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good job guys. I am definately in line to purchase this mod once its completed. Now my G35 will look cool like my FX.

Old 02-21-2008, 06:17 AM
Banned
The turn signals will always have priority over the brake lights, so if the hazards are on, the 3rd brake light will be the only indication that the brakes are on. I believe this is how the OEM systems work.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:01 PM
Banned
OCG35, any updates?

Old 02-24-2008, 11:05 PM
intended to have it installed Fri - however that got snafu'd... tomorrow afternoon I should have it hooked up, will post vids tomorrow night (or call you if there are problems)...

Old 02-25-2008, 04:28 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to see this work.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:32 AM
HOORAY!!!!!! It Works!!!!

I’m stoked that this is finally coming to fruition! Thanks Kevin – and thanks Tim (ttrank)!!! Also thanks to Ed (the guy that installed but doesn’t even know about this forum)…

Three things to note:

1) the attached vid is with the OEM signal bulb lying in the trunk (to show the effect)… permanent install will include a load resister in place of the bulb (so the OEM doesn’t flash of course). I don’t foresee this to be a problem – but since it’s not wired that way yet, I thought I’d mention it.

2) Since I initially asked Kevin to design for signal to blink high intensity, then all the way off (while lights are on), he sent dual relays and included parking light wires in the module. As it turns out (as stated in previous post) the correct way is for the signal to flash high, low, intensity when the running lights are on – which means only a single relay and no wiring to the OEM parking lights are necessary… this is for my application, and I only use the term “correct way” because that’s what all the other OEM cars/trucks I’ve observed do (including the FX). The option is there if others choose to do some customizing of their own.

3) (I need to talk with Kevin about this one) – from in the cabin there is a faint click from the rear when the signal is on… like the sound you hear from the instrument cluster, but deeper – it is faint and not obtrusive – but I’d like to isolate it - or even find out if its normal (as if any of this is normal ).

As a whole, I am VERY pleased and can’t wait to get the car painted and DITCH THE CAT EARS!!!!!

So in the vid, use you imagination a bit and envision the top “cat ears” OEM turn signal being body color…

I’ll call you tomorrow Kevin to get the other module. Thanks again!!!

Old 02-26-2008, 12:57 AM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
that looks nice bro! congrats

on a side note. I so saw your car on the 57 south one morning about a couple weeks ago. I thought it was you from the tail light overlays and the color + wingless, but it was a woman driving. I didnt think it was your car then until I saw the license plate again in the video, who was that chick? It also had an infiniti of montclair license frame and you are from the OC which threw me off as well. And judging by the rims I saw on that car im glad you went with the Ce28's

Old 02-26-2008, 01:06 AM
Originally Posted by G Sedan
that looks nice bro! congrats

on a side note. I so saw your car on the 57 south one morning about a couple weeks ago. I thought it was you from the tail light overlays and the color + wingless, but it was a woman driving. I didnt think it was your car then until I saw the license plate again in the video, who was that chick? It also had an infiniti of montclair license frame and you are from the OC which threw me off as well. And judging by the rims I saw on that car im glad you went with the Ce28's
wasn't me (or my car)...

Old 02-26-2008, 01:16 AM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
nah dude it had to be your car because the plate said TRP G35, i know im not tripping out...lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Taillight Mod in the works!