G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

impressions on SBD grounding wires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
impressions on SBD grounding wires

I got some grounding wires installed from my friend who makes these (SBD GROUNDING WIRE KIT). it really helped out my car. i have a AT, and now i cant even feel like im shifting, better throttle response, the car is so much smoother, it revs so much better, audio is louder as well. I recommend this mod. every g should have these. pm me if you wanna get these. If you are local in socal, he can install these for you as well. bump for a great guy.

Old 12-23-2008, 07:40 PM
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Yeah, the grounding kits really pick up on the AT. Idk what they really do for the 6M/T like i have. I have been wondering if i got one if it would actually do anything?? lol
Congrats though man.

Old 12-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Would it void the warranty?? (dealer can claim tampering if you have any future electrical issues)

Old 12-23-2008, 07:53 PM
dude there was another g who was MT, and he loved the mod as well. he basically told me that all the electronics work much better, hid's come on faster, engine revs quicker, and VDC kicks in and goes away faster, so you should definetly get it IMO. the basic difference would be that the AT's will have much better shifting because there is a wire which connects to the transmission and the MT doesnt have that. pm me if you wanna get the kit.

Old 12-23-2008, 07:55 PM
my dealer didnot say anything about the grounding wires. the only thing he told me that the midnight blue grounding wires looked really good under the hood and its doing a good job. i went to the tustin infiniti dealership. the good part is that the wires come in a variety of different colors so it looks really good under the hood and these wires are thick so it dresses up the engine bay.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4drmadness
dude there was another g who was MT, and he loved the mod as well. he basically told me that all the electronics work much better, hid's come on faster, engine revs quicker, and VDC kicks in and goes away faster, so you should definetly get it IMO. the basic difference would be that the AT's will have much better shifting because there is a wire which connects to the transmission and the MT doesnt have that. pm me if you wanna get the kit.
I think the fact that the MT has a manually operated shift linkage has more to do with its rate gear change rate than any "wire which connects to the transmission". It doesn't sound like you fully understand much of anything about grounding wires and your posts read more like a plug or commercial for your friends product.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:18 PM
hey man im just posting up a review . i just got this car 2 months ago, so havent been able to research on how everything really works, and all the termas and such. im giving an opinion based on what i felt, im probably not using the right language because i dont really know it.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:21 PM
picture of the wires on my car

Attached Thumbnails impressions on SBD grounding wires-picture013.jpg  
Old 12-23-2008, 10:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dmitriylm
I think the fact that the MT has a manually operated shift linkage has more to do with its rate gear change rate than any "wire which connects to the transmission". It doesn't sound like you fully understand much of anything about grounding wires and your posts read more like a plug or commercial for your friends product.
yall are harsh on this forum...

Im an electronics engineer, I have SBDs kit on my 2005 G35x, this kit did wonders for all the electronics in my car. The Tranny loves it as the shift delay has been significantly reduced... VDC is less intrusive, and when it activates it goes away quicker, radio is louder, car revs quicker, "drive by wire" accelerator's lag is significantly reduced, even the intelli-key responds quicker!... the tranny, VDC/TCS/ABS controler, and ECU are grounded and the car loves it!

The manual G35s should get all the benifits except the quicker shifts, thats up to yall

here is mines installed... i changed my front grounding point to behind the black bracket the holds a coolant hose.

Last edited by kmckis1029; 12-23-2008 at 10:06 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:16 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Sounds like a plug for a friends wires...

Old 12-24-2008, 02:35 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Hate to be rude, but a set of grounding wires isn't going to make VDC is less intrusive, make the radio is louder, make the car rev quicker, reduce accelerator lag, etc. People put WAY too much faith in these kits. I had a grounding kit because I bought into the claims. It didn't do squat.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:58 AM
what brand did you go with? many of the kits like the one stillen offers are much more for looks, and do little for performance. i wouldnt really tell the whole forum just to jump on these if they dint work.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:05 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Dave, the grounding wires (not necessarily these ones) worked WONDERS on my throttle lag and acceleration. I'm curious to how you had yours hooked up...

Old 12-24-2008, 08:51 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Are that many wires really necessary?

Old 12-24-2008, 10:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
placibo effect

The great thing about gronding wires is that if properly installed, they cannnot really do any harm. Then, if there is a perceived improvement, the driver can feel better about his ride. It does not really matter if there was an improvement, just that the driver believes there to be an improvement. In the medical field this is termed the placibo effect. Patients get better if they think the drug is effective (even if it is just a sugar tablet). Doing a real scientific test on shift speed of the 5AT is out of the question - you don't have the right data acquisition equipment. But if it feels better to you - than the mod worked.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: impressions on SBD grounding wires