G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy?" Sedan Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-13-2014, 02:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by d0nutboii
If you want an 05 bumper I think you'd have to replace the hood, grill, lights and fenders as well. Whichever bumper youre looking for, im almost certain the nismo bumper would look better. Going this route will save you tons of money. And a mesh grill, please no.

Although I do love me some contrast on the car, I personally think that too much contrast cheapens the look of the car. Just my 2c, take it with a grain of salt..

Thanks man im soaking up as much game here as possible your comment was will be placed under great consideration.
Nismo is the route im going now. I just dont something too too low to the ground as i live in new england

Old 02-13-2014, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by thegreatkwijibo
Yes if you want the 05/06 front bumper you need lights grill and and hood too. I would suggest just going for an aftermarket kit. popular ones being the Nismo:

the Kurookie:

or the K2:

As far as a rear spoiler I as well as most people aren't very big fans of the OEM (although some really like so if your one of em rock it it's you car). most go with either the HD trunk that has a little lip molded onto it:

some people have added a similar lip to their trunks with metal but if you don't have the skills to do it yourself the only real advantage is slightly better fitment.

Anther option would be the ever popular m3 spoiler:

I would also advise against plasti-dipping your wheels. it looks cheap and doesn't fool anyone. best bet is to just save up a little money and buy some nice aftermarket wheels that will have better fitment, and a better finish. hope that helps.

The top picture with the grey nismo....i need that! Thats the style i want. To the T...is there any specific name to it other than nismo? Will i still have to change the lights,hood etc to fit it? Regaurding the rims i favor factory rims over aftermarket only putting slight personal touches to them. Like putting g37 or q50 rims on my 04 g. Plastic dip would just be to protect the chrome during the winter or deciding what color to paint them..thank you for your input!! Apreciated greatly.

Old 02-13-2014, 05:32 PM
Received 142 Likes on 123 Posts
The nismo is just called nismo, or you can get the HD Nismo, which looks about the same. the authentic oem nismo is discontinued, but there are several vendors on here that sell replicas. you wouldn't need to change anything on an 04 for it to fit this bumper is actually a rep of an OEM option for 03/04 G sedans. If you wan't OEM wheels of some kind I would suggest Z wheels, preferably track, touring or 370z wheels, or coupe 19s.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:48 AM
Originally Posted by thegreatkwijibo
The nismo is just called nismo, or you can get the HD Nismo, which looks about the same. the authentic oem nismo is discontinued, but there are several vendors on here that sell replicas. you wouldn't need to change anything on an 04 for it to fit this bumper is actually a rep of an OEM option for 03/04 G sedans. If you wan't OEM wheels of some kind I would suggest Z wheels, preferably track, touring or 370z wheels, or coupe 19s.

Thanks bro now about these god awful sideskirts would i really have to shave them down to paint?

Old 02-14-2014, 11:45 AM
^if you're talking about the black plastic stock skirts I would just suggest chucking em and going with the full Nismo kit, and let a body shop handle it. not sure what "shave them down" was supposed to mean but I guess you were referring to prep work for painting, which if you wanna keep em and paint em you will have to do, but its mostly cleaning and making sure you get the release agent and any shiny **** that's been put on it over the years out so the paint will stick. It's still the type of thing I would leave to a shop but there are plastic painting kits out there that you could use to prep it yourself.

Old 02-15-2014, 05:40 AM
thanks man, last really, really important question. my 04 g35x has the little stickers on the seat symbolizing the seat reclining, i can take a close up picture if needed. but point is, the lever that's suppose to be by the seat belt clicker isn't there, any alternatives?

Attached Thumbnails OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy?" Sedan Thread-infiniti_014-1-.jpg  
Old 02-25-2014, 12:17 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Hey guys,

I have a 2005 G35X with BC BR coilovers and some SPC kits. I have $10,000 to spend and I'm looking for mod suggestions. I'm going to a shop this week to get my car checked over and prepared for a Vortech V-3 SCi, transgo shift kit, new exhaust, and basically whatever else I can put in for $10k. I want new brakes too and I was thinking of just keeping my stock size but upgrading to StopTech slotted all around with Hawk HPC pads. I'll keep modding it after all of that is done so let me know what you think. I know I need new wheels and I'm open to suggestions.

OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy?" Sedan Thread-pighlm7.jpg
OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy?" Sedan Thread-6moocjd.jpg

Old 02-25-2014, 03:36 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Sell the G and take that money plus your 10k and get something newer and faster IMO.

But lose those wheels if you keep it lol

Old 02-25-2014, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
Sell the G and take that money plus your 10k and get something newer and faster IMO.

But lose those wheels if you keep it lol
Yeah, they are whatever the stock are for that year. Got any you think would look good?

Old 02-25-2014, 05:14 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
personally im a fan of meisters...http://www.clublexus.com/forums/atta...ister_s1_2.jpg
but youre askin a hell of a general question lol
go with whatever quality wheel you like the most man

Old 02-25-2014, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
personally im a fan of meisters...http://www.clublexus.com/forums/atta...ister_s1_2.jpg
but youre askin a hell of a general question lol
go with whatever quality wheel you like the most man
Those are awesome, I'll go with those.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:19 PM
equips>meisters

Old 03-01-2014, 01:28 AM
Received 86 Likes on 62 Posts
OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy?" Sedan Thread-good-side-view.jpg

OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy?" Sedan Thread-img_3366.jpg

OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy?" Sedan Thread-img_3608.jpg

OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy?" Sedan Thread-img_3626.jpg

OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy?" Sedan Thread-img_3592.jpg

Been MIA for a long time but have been really busy working on Lucy. I have added in the last few months, an Ark G.R.I.P catback, Ark R-Spec HFC, Hotchkis F/R sway bars, Cusco strut bar, replaced my front blown Ark DTP coils with some BC, Takeda CAI... How does she look?

Old 03-01-2014, 01:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice!
Originally Posted by TxPwnBoy
Attachment 165311

Attachment 165312

Attachment 165313

Attachment 165314

Attachment 165315

Been MIA for a long time but have been really busy working on Lucy. I have added in the last few months, an Ark G.R.I.P catback, Ark R-Spec HFC, Hotchkis F/R sway bars, Cusco strut bar, replaced my front blown Ark DTP coils with some BC, Takeda CAI... How does she look?

The following users liked this post:
TxPwnBoy (03-01-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 05:53 PM
Wheels and Tires what's the best u can imagine. I like the 2CRAVE HEAVY HITTERS H3

Hey what's up fellas I just got an 06 g35 sedan trying to throw some nice wheels on her. But I was looking at the 2CRAVE HEAVY HITTERS H3 GLOSSY BLACK WITH MACHINED FACE. The measure out to be 22x9.5. I was wondering if I am going to hVe to do anything suspension wise or anything really In general. And what kind of tires do y'all like best on a sweet G.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy?" Sedan Thread