G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy?" Sedan Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:04 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Welcome to DRIVER!

I would stay away from anything eBay when you have the ability to buy quality parts from our MARKETPLACE where the vendors guarantee their products. Example: IONIC sells the Gialla grille at a reasonable price and Jose will even paint it for you. Henry at STRAFE currently sells the polyurethane NISMO bumper and you won't need sides because it doesn't have a low profile. Other vendors sell the bulbs you're looking for, check em out. Since you're new here read all the sticky and if you have questions use our SEARCH function, it's your friend!

The following users liked this post:
GeeRider35 (03-26-2013)
Old 03-26-2013, 12:01 PM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts
^gary where the eff do you get your info? henry @ strafe? LMAO goodness man.. have you gone mad!?

Old 03-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
think this is the right spot to post this... i am in need of some tires and wheels for my G preferrably 19's or 20's...if anybody has some extra and wants to sell em i will buy haha. let me know in a PM or on here i guess, thanks!!

Old 03-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by Brian Spilner
^gary where the eff do you get your info? henry @ strafe? LMAO goodness man.. have you gone mad!?
does he not do a good job?

Old 03-26-2013, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator
Received 127 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by hopesNdreamz
think this is the right spot to post this... i am in need of some tires and wheels for my G preferrably 19's or 20's...if anybody has some extra and wants to sell em i will buy haha. let me know in a PM or on here i guess, thanks!!
There's a whole section to buy rims on here; look in The Marketplace. Tons of rims there or else your local CL always has a bunch as well.

Originally Posted by GeeRider35
does he not do a good job?
Think Gary meant Henry@Statik but I'm not gonna speak for him. Strafe was a former vendor who was banned from the forums. Also, you can buy tons of mods on Driver - look in The Marketplace. Browse around the picture subforums to see what other guys have done to their G35's for ideas - G35's have been around for 10+ years. Pretty much anything you can think of has probably been done with photo evidence.

GeeRider35 (03-27-2013)
Old 03-27-2013, 04:15 PM
Brake and suspension swap from 350z track

Hi guys, ive searched a bit around but my mobile doesnt seem to be cooperating.
My question(s) is/are:
03 g35 premium sedan, ive already got stillen aftermarket sways and tenzo 18s with sticky tires, but what i want to do is swap the springs/shocks and brake calipers/rotors/pads with the 350z track package or g35 touring. I want the brembos and the slight ride height change these provide.
Will they fit straight in? Do i need spacers for my wheels for clearance? Would it be smarter to use the g35 coupe parts or the 350z parts?
Should i go with the dealer to acquire these parts or take my hard earned dollars elsewhere?
Thanks in advance

Old 03-28-2013, 02:43 PM
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts
^ Direct swap on the brakes, struts and springs. You probably can't buy the brakes from the dealer, if you can they'll cost three times a much as used. Buy Tokico struts, they make stock replacement for the sport suspension and adjustable, both are very good. Find springs in the marketplace or on craigslist. I don't know if your wheels will cause any fitment issues, if they fit now and don't hit the fenders when the suspension is compressed they won't with the new parts

Old 04-09-2013, 03:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
First mods!

Hey guys, quite new to the forum and a new G owner. Some things I was thinking about doing:
-19" OEM Rays Forged wheels
-JWT Pop charger w/ Z-Tube
-Coupe Mid-pipe
-Clear side-markers
-OEM Front Lip
-HDR style trunk
-Perhaps a plenum spacer (still need to look more into it)

Few questions if anyone can help me out:
1) Where can one get the HDR style trunk and OEM front/rear lip from?
Name:  DSC_4884copy.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  158.5 KB

2) I've seen a few of these, but not sure what there called or where I can get them from
(Inserts in the bumper)
Name:  IMG_6449-Popped.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  143.2 KB

3) Anyone running the stock deck but have an auxilary module attached somehow? I don't really want to get a new deck, but dying without an Aux input..

Any suggestions/help is appreciated, thanks!

jc802413 (03-27-2015)
Old 04-09-2013, 03:37 AM
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts
1. Those trunks aren't the best fitting. Many members get body shops to work on it to get it to fit better. But two vendors here sell them, CarBodyKits and R1Autoworks. The rear lip is near impossible to find OEM, Ionic sells a replica here.

2. I believe members buy the mesh from home depot or a local hardware store.

3. Auxiliary such as something for your iPod or MP3 player? If you don't wanna buy an aftermarket headunit (best option bar none), https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...ory-radio.html

Old 04-09-2013, 02:46 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by SDGenius
you need to do some more studying
I have access to a Mustang AWD dyno where I test every single part I install which, IMO beats reading forums or product descriptions.

Old 04-09-2013, 05:15 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
Originally Posted by dofu
I have access to a Mustang AWD dyno where I test every single part I install which, IMO beats reading forums or product descriptions.
not saying that posts trump real life experience, its just that this subject is well documented through third parties and from Tony himself, with supporting dyno info

Old 04-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ah, ok. Yeah I'd definitely want something that would be perfect fitting. Perhaps a trunk lip then.
Not the mesh part, but the part that wraps around the gaps/holes. Can't seem to find out what its called =/
Yeah, I'm starting to think about a double din now, its just that I like how the stock stereo looks

But thanks for the input!

Originally Posted by dominate
1. Those trunks aren't the best fitting. Many members get body shops to work on it to get it to fit better. But two vendors here sell them, CarBodyKits and R1Autoworks. The rear lip is near impossible to find OEM, Ionic sells a replica here.

2. I believe members buy the mesh from home depot or a local hardware store.

3. Auxiliary such as something for your iPod or MP3 player? If you don't wanna buy an aftermarket headunit (best option bar none), https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...ory-radio.html

Old 04-15-2013, 12:02 PM
DVG
Received 143 Likes on 117 Posts
Opinions on creating my own rear strut bar for the sedan? I know a lot of Mech. engineers and a couple welders who will be able to help.

But, are the benefits / extra rigidity there? I have been told that the stock design is very good and is hard to improve on, and have read reviews by those of you with rarejdms strut bar who have been singing its praises.

I will probably buy a premade strut bar (some model of gtspec most likely) and then I will create my own mounts

I have GTSPEC front and rear lower tie bars, front strut bar, and motordyne sway bars which will all be installed soon. Sitting on nismo 350z suspension.

Old 04-15-2013, 03:09 PM
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by DVG
Opinions on creating my own rear strut bar for the sedan? I know a lot of Mech. engineers and a couple welders who will be able to help.

But, are the benefits / extra rigidity there? I have been told that the stock design is very good and is hard to improve on, and have read reviews by those of you with rarejdms strut bar who have been singing its praises.

I will probably buy a premade strut bar (some model of gtspec most likely) and then I will create my own mounts

I have GTSPEC front and rear lower tie bars, front strut bar, and motordyne sway bars which will all be installed soon. Sitting on nismo 350z suspension.

I have also considered this option, i need to buy a welder first and i had that similar idea of building from a different bar, if you choose to do this could you make a thread for it and include some pics? Thanks

Old 04-16-2013, 12:42 PM
DVG
Received 143 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by 3truman
I have also considered this option, i need to buy a welder first and i had that similar idea of building from a different bar, if you choose to do this could you make a thread for it and include some pics? Thanks
I sent GT Spec an inquiry asking if they had any suggestions for a bar to use or how to make it, and they told me that they will be looking into the G35 soon, but also that the trunk is already pretty solid. Given their response, and having looked at the trunk yesterday I dont think it would be cost effective to further brace the trunk.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy?" Sedan Thread