G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Squeaking noise coming from the rear door/windows in 05 sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Squeaking noise coming from the rear door/windows in 05 sedan

very very annoying....

a friend of mine, who also owns a g35, told me that the squeaking noise from rear doors are rather common in older sedans.

i just want to confirm that and want to know if there is any easy way to fix it. coz it's REALLY REALLY #$%@!#$ annoying !!!

Old 04-08-2009, 12:05 AM
Rear doors? Are you sure it's not coming from behind the back seats? There's some cross bracing there that tends to loosen over time and squeaks when you go over bumps. That can be fixed by taking the rear seats out and tightening the bolts.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the same problem. what i did to fix it Was.....

Old 04-08-2009, 12:40 AM

Old 04-08-2009, 12:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL
I got 1/4" Vacuum hose the length of the window and shoved it up in the window sill. that stopped it and its been like that since 05

Old 04-08-2009, 01:31 AM
Originally Posted by Viscous
Rear doors? Are you sure it's not coming from behind the back seats? There's some cross bracing there that tends to loosen over time and squeaks when you go over bumps. That can be fixed by taking the rear seats out and tightening the bolts.
i am pretty sure it's not from behind the back seats. I pushed on the door panels and heard exact the same noise.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:28 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
raydeon,

I bought an 05 about a month ago and had the same problem. I actually had 2 kinds of squeaks but didn't know it at the time. After doing a lot of research on here, I narrowed the cause down to 2 causes. First, the door panels have little plastic ribs on the inside that rub against the metal of the door frame. Easy fix was to pull the panel, put felt squares on all of the contact points where the plastic rubs on the metal, and replace the panel. I am not very mechanically inclined when it comes to working on cars, but the whole process took me about 45 minutes for both doors from start to finish. I bought the felt at Lowes for $2.69. There is a DIY on this procedure somewhere, do a search for squeaks and rattles. It was super easy.

Feeling proud of myself I drove my car around the block and damn if it didn't have another squeak, this one louder than the fixed problem. After doing more research, (thank god for the search function) I found a TSB that recommended replacing the regulator bolts in the window motors. I took my car to the local dealership, explained the problem, mentioned the TSB, and asked them to take a look. They replaced the bolts in both doors for a total cost to me of $58 and voila, no more squeaks.

The moral of the story? Use the vast resources this board offers to find an answer to most of your questions. And definitely enjoy your car. The G's are far from perfect, but I wouldn't trade it for anything else at this point.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:53 AM
Just had regulator bolts in both rear doors replaced under warranty. No more squeaking when opening the doors.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:16 AM
dhl
Originally Posted by raydeon
very very annoying....

a friend of mine, who also owns a g35, told me that the squeaking noise from rear doors are rather common in older sedans.

i just want to confirm that and want to know if there is any easy way to fix it. coz it's REALLY REALLY #$%@!#$ annoying !!!
There is a TSB for this. It is the regulator bolts and if you are still under warranty, the dealer will fix it for free by swapping out the bolts for shorter ones.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:46 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
TSB ITB05-034. Plan on taking mine in this weekend to have it fixed. Also going to have them replace the bushings on the compression rods. Hopefully that will eliminate two annoying squeaks in one trip.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
yep definitely one of those things to get taken care of under warranty. Mine squeeked everytime I would accelerate, and would get me so annoyed. Been almost 1.5 years since they fixed it and hasnt squeeked once.

Old 04-08-2009, 05:40 PM
thank you very much guys, for your great comments.

i've already scheduled a check up with the dealership this friday. hope they can get the things straighten up.

again, thank you all for helping me out.

Old 04-19-2009, 03:28 PM
If it goes away with the window down it is the regulator bolts. Your dealership should know about it they where the ones that did it for me.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:39 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I still haven't had a chance to take mine in for the regulator bolt TSB, but I did decide to fix the rear crossbrace squeak this weekend. I probably could have had the dealership do it too, but I was bored and it wasn't very hard. The seats came out a lot easier than I expected and the bolts on the crossbrace definitely needed to be torqued down. From what I can tell it got rid of some of the creaking that I could hear everytime I accelerated or slowed down.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:56 AM
ok..two weeks ago i brought the car to the dealership and they fixed it. oh yeah, no more squeaking ticking noise, weeeeeeee....

and guess what? the same freaking noise came back yesterday and ticks as the car moves....

give me a break please....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Squeaking noise coming from the rear door/windows in 05 sedan