G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Radiator Fan Motor notice from Infiniti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 05:04 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Now if they would onlt extend the warranty on compression rods and axle clicking

Old 06-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In this scenario, would the fan stop spinning all together?

My '04 5AT is overheating in traffic, but the fans are spinning. Not loudly (speed?) compared to most e-fans I'm used to, but I don't think mine have ever been very loud.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by BolognaBlake
In this scenario, would the fan stop spinning all together?

My '04 5AT is overheating in traffic, but the fans are spinning. Not loudly (speed?) compared to most e-fans I'm used to, but I don't think mine have ever been very loud.
At least one of the three (I think) fans were not spinning at all on my car (so I was told by my service advisor) and it was nearly overheating in traffic. No problems since it was fixed. Are you sure all of your fans are turning? I had at least one good fan and was still nearly overheating - probably would have had I not turned the car off and let it cool down.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by AVATAR77
At least one of the three (I think) fans were not spinning at all on my car (so I was told by my service advisor) and it was nearly overheating in traffic. No problems since it was fixed. Are you sure all of your fans are turning? I had at least one good fan and was still nearly overheating - probably would have had I not turned the car off and let it cool down.
Haha, I only saw two, and the two were spinning fine it seemed. I just assumed the car has two electric fans.

Granted it's 96* here now, but at idle in my driveway the temp will visibly creep up. No drama at speed, so it shouldn't be a thermostat or radiator issue.

I actually almost didn't notice it because there was no ding or light, and I was getting mad and fiddling with the A/C because it wasn't blowing very cold when I wasn't moving. Which points to a fan issue.

Is there a way to test the hi/low fan speeds?

Old 06-14-2010, 10:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This letter showed up about 2 months after I had the radiator fan fail on me in the drive way. Just so you know, here's what happens when it fails:

Nothing.

Something smells weird.

You poke your head out from conditioning the rear seats.

You see a giant plume of steam coming out the right side of the hood.

You put on your "ZOMGZ?!" face.

You glance at the temp gauge as you scramble to get to the front seat.

It's above the "H".

Proceed to panic as you kill the engine as your G35 continues to vomit coolant out of the hood and then later out of the undercarriage onto the driveway.

Call Infiniti Roadside and tell them to come get your damned car.

Nice man arrives with a flat bed.

You wave goodbye to your baby.

It gets fixed.

With that said I think now that there is an official recall, you may not have to go through all those steps :P

Old 06-15-2010, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by BolognaBlake
Haha, I only saw two, and the two were spinning fine it seemed. I just assumed the car has two electric fans.

Granted it's 96* here now, but at idle in my driveway the temp will visibly creep up. No drama at speed, so it shouldn't be a thermostat or radiator issue.

I actually almost didn't notice it because there was no ding or light, and I was getting mad and fiddling with the A/C because it wasn't blowing very cold when I wasn't moving. Which points to a fan issue.

Is there a way to test the hi/low fan speeds?
Yeah I couldn't remember how many there were, just that one or both of the fans on my '05 were not working at all. You should definitely not be seeing your temp creep up at idle, I dont care how hot it is outside. Guys on this forum drive around AZ in 115 degree heat with their AC cranked and the temp doesn't budge. Better have your dealer take a look - if you got the letter from Infiniti they extended the warranty on your radiator fans so it might be covered if they are to blame. Even if you have to pay for it, a cooling system repair is much cheaper than a cracked cylinder head.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by AVATAR77
Yeah I couldn't remember how many there were, just that one or both of the fans on my '05 were not working at all. You should definitely not be seeing your temp creep up at idle, I dont care how hot it is outside. Guys on this forum drive around AZ in 115 degree heat with their AC cranked and the temp doesn't budge. Better have your dealer take a look - if you got the letter from Infiniti they extended the warranty on your radiator fans so it might be covered if they are to blame. Even if you have to pay for it, a cooling system repair is much cheaper than a cracked cylinder head.
Got them replaced today.

All is well again.

Even though they were spinning, the new ones are waaaaay louder. Which makes me think the old ones were spinning slower than the new one on low.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine is ridiculously loud.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
Bringing this back to up, just to post that thanks to this thread I got my overheating problem fix under warranty. I was going to order the fans myself and change it, but after doing some research I found this thread, which enlighting me on the warranty extension for radiator fan motor. Took it to the dealer and now is good to go. G35driver...

Old 12-14-2011, 06:19 PM
Is this a TSB? My fans is starting to act up, temperature is raising. Do anyone have the TSB #? This way I don't have to deal with the usual BS from the service manager.

Old 12-15-2011, 05:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The temperature started to rise one day last summer in 106 degree temps when I was stuck barely moving on the interstate for over 1/2 hour. I thought of this issue.

Unfortunately for me, I didn't have the applicable e fan. Though I had previously received the letter. In my case, the radiator had clogged just enough to cause the problem.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:57 PM
B T
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Does anyone have a copy of this letter? My fans both went out today and the car is overheating in 70 degree weather.

Old 06-18-2013, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by B T
Does anyone have a copy of this letter? My fans both went out today and the car is overheating in 70 degree weather.
Is there a need for a letter? Im having the same issue.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:41 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by B T
I don't have the means to copy it but i have it in front of me. I don't think you need it though.

The letter says the OEM warranty on the fans is extended to 96 months (8 years) or 100K miles...whichever comes first.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:59 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't think you'll need a letter. I took my car in after one of the fans stopped working and they replaced it under warranty. I didn't even know that it was covered until I took it in.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Radiator Fan Motor notice from Infiniti