G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

pissed off!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pissed off!

As I walking up to my car with my child and cart full of groceries, I witnessed someone open their red car door, bang my car (thus leaving some scratches and red marks), and get into his car and attempt to drive off.

I tapped on his window to get his attention as he drove off and explained to him that he just scratched my car. he completely denied it of course. so after 30 seconds or so of arguing, he said, "Well, what do you want me to do?" Realizing that I did not have time to get his information down, I just said, "F-off", and he drove away.

using scratch-x, i was able to get rid of the red paint and scratches. but the damage could have been much worse.

Thus, what can I do to someone that scratched my car with his door?

Old 05-10-2010, 12:00 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Make sure that next time you dont park next to people??

Old 05-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Not to sound like a douche, but move on.

It isn't okay, to us car lovers, but unfortunately many people just don't care what happens to others and their personal belongings.

I used to (still do time often) park far away from cars when I go places, but always it seems that someone will always find a way to just park right next to me..

I used to be so unbelievable close to detail with , if there was a mark or scratch on my car that wasn't there before.

Now I just don't care as much anymore, because it's going to happen regardless.
I just do the best I can.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Yep, you just have to realize that nobody gives a crap about your car except for you. It's difficult for car enthusiasts to understand, but it's the truth. All you can do is be careful about where you park and fix any damage that is done.

I've seen multiple cars damaged out in the parking lot and the people who do it never even look twice. It's like the other car is parked there just for them to slam their door off of. Moms with kids are the worst. Avoid minivans like the plague.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:18 PM
When he asked you what you wanted him to do, you should have told that that what you want is for him to have some repect for other's people things. I would then tell him he is lucky I'm not making him pay for a new a door by taking his license plate, calling the cops and filing a report, and having my attorney contact his insurance company.

You can't really get him to take back the damage but you may be able to teach him a lesson or two. And in extreme cases you actually can file a police report and *try* to get his insurance to fix your car. You may or may not be sucessful in that. I was, once.

And in this process, you should have learned a lesson too. If you park where people CAN ding your doors, they WILL. People suck. Especially non-car people. Park more carefully (i.e. in the back corner of the lot where no one else is). I'm guessing the excercise from the extra walk wouldn't kill most of us.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I forgot to add in this:

If you think you feel bad.
I had a hit and run 2 days after I bought my car.

not even half a year after that I got in a full frontal collision

2 days after getting it back from the body shop, some punk broke into my car.

There's always idiots out there.
/discussion.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:14 PM
yeah, ya'll are right, can't get too bent out of shape over it. what I felt like saying was, "You're lucky my son is here, otherwise I'd kick your toyota-corolla-lovin' ****".

but then he'd probably sue me for breaking his face, and my lawyer costs would far outweight any costs to simple buff the scratches out....

Old 05-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by jmcohen23
so after 30 seconds or so of arguing, he said, "Well, what do you want me to do?"
I probably would have said "Pay for the damage you caused." But I know how hard it is to think straight and remain calm in those situations. Kudos for NOT setting a bad example if front of your kid. Well, except for the "fvck off" part, LOL!

Old 05-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not to be biased.. but I constantly avoid toyota corolla/camry drivers.. Not sure what is it about the people that buy those cars, but they consistantly suck at life.. - no offense to whoever might have one of those..lol

Old 05-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Just be thankful it could be buffed out. I came out one day to a nice dent in my rear fender. Had to take it to a PDR shop to have it removed. It worked out though because they took out another ding above my gas cap door without me even asking. It's amazing what those places can do.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
^ How much were you charged?

Both my front and rear passenger fender have a dent lol.

I want to park far but my gf gets mad...

Old 05-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by davidxu
^ How much were you charged?

Both my front and rear passenger fender have a dent lol.

I want to park far but my gf gets mad...
$50/dent. I think it ranges depending on how difficult they are to reach. The going price seems to be between $50-$75 each though. I think they negotiate though so I would just ask them to do both for $100 and see what they say.

Also, just tell your girlfriend that the more dings you get the more money you have to spend on your car and the less you have to spend on her.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Well considering you had your kid its always best to avoid confrontation infront of the innocent and those unable to defend themselves.

I had similiar issue one time but because my damage was pretty bad i chased the chick down and had to sue her.

One time, i was coming out of a club. I opened the passenger door for my date and i closed it. then the vehicle next (chrysler 300C) to me rolled for their window and this drunk chick yelled out UH EXCUSE ME? you just hit my car. I reply "No i didnt, thats why i opened the door and was carefull not to hit your car. Then in a annoying voice she was like " YEAH YOU DID YEAH YOU DID" and just wouldnt stop. So im like whatever and i walk away. Next thing i know she OPENS her door and hits my car 3 TIMES! causing a dent and the paint chipped off. She backs up and takes off!

I chase her for about 5-10 miles with Highway patrol on the line. They catch up and perform a felony stop. She ened up giving me FALSE insurance information so i SUED her for the repairs and i won.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by pczavala
Well considering you had your kid its always best to avoid confrontation infront of the innocent and those unable to defend themselves.

I had similiar issue one time but because my damage was pretty bad i chased the chick down and had to sue her.

One time, i was coming out of a club. I opened the passenger door for my date and i closed it. then the vehicle next (chrysler 300C) to me rolled for their window and this drunk chick yelled out UH EXCUSE ME? you just hit my car. I reply "No i didnt, thats why i opened the door and was carefull not to hit your car. Then in a annoying voice she was like " YEAH YOU DID YEAH YOU DID" and just wouldnt stop. So im like whatever and i walk away. Next thing i know she OPENS her door and hits my car 3 TIMES! causing a dent and the paint chipped off. She backs up and takes off!

I chase her for about 5-10 miles with Highway patrol on the line. They catch up and perform a felony stop. She ened up giving me FALSE insurance information so i SUED her for the repairs and i won.
Well done!

Old 05-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 ftw :d

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: pissed off!