G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:16 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
the letter emblems on an 04 sedan are held on by adhesive tape right?
and is there an engine bay cover for an 04 sedan to cover the brake booster?

Old 01-03-2013, 01:58 AM
Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by CleanG35x
Hey I need some help, im trying to make my 2004 infiniti g35x sedan faster! no mods aside from performance enkie rims, and new tires, I was thinking on getting a jwt popcharger cold air intake, motordyne plenum spacer and throttle body spacer, and 62005 Hypertech Tuner Max Energy Sport programmer, is this all good stuff for now? or is there something im missing or will any of this hurt my car and or make it run to lean?
Honestly the only thing on your list worth while is the plenum spacer. Depending on which Enkei wheels chosen, you could actually hurt the performance. Popcharger is basically just for noise. If you want to tune it get an osiris tune by uprev

Originally Posted by yoyoyo8
Would 19" coupe rims look good on 05 sedans without a drop?
Depends on who you ask, but most would say no

Originally Posted by JDMswagSerf
the letter emblems on an 04 sedan are held on by adhesive tape right?
and is there an engine bay cover for an 04 sedan to cover the brake booster?
Correct I think, or it's some type of sticky goo at least

http://www.conceptzperformance.com/C...4675.73.92.113

Old 01-03-2013, 02:27 AM
^^okay cool. I've been meaning to remove them but I never get to it.
& thanks for the link! the other day while looking for them, I didn't think to put "brake fluid cover" I was just putting engine cover and the huge manifold cover was all I found. haha

Old 01-03-2013, 03:10 AM
Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
^^okay cool. I've been meaning to remove them but I never get to it.
& thanks for the link! the other day while looking for them, I didn't think to put "brake fluid cover" I was just putting engine cover and the huge manifold cover was all I found. haha
Yeah just have to find the time one day and go at it!

No problem,

Old 01-03-2013, 03:31 AM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Looking to replace my shocks. Not looking to spend too much. Would like Tokico HP's but I got so much maintenance to do I just need something that will work and be good. I'm thinking of going with KYB shocks (paired with my Espiler springs). Anybody have input on the KYB's? They're being offered for 230 shipped through their website I believe. As opposed to the Tokico's where I'll be looking at an additional $100.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:54 AM
I don't want to make a thread on this. but I will if it comes to blows...lol jk. but really.

Does Nissan only used forged internals?
the other day at work I was talkin with another tuner and I brought up modding my g35 and I brought up the idea of putting nitrous in my sedan. the. he said "you know nissan uses forged internals right".

Even before he said this I was thinking about spraying. & when he said I had forged internals, I was even more willing to spray.

I have a nitrous kit sti in packaging right here. I'd turbo my car or supercharge it. but at 5k plus. I don't want to wait long to gather that cash and I'm not sure how long I'll keep the car so I haven't made plans for forced induction yet. if I had the cash I'd do it! but I don't haha.

So I guess what I'm getting at is,
Does Nissan really use forged internals?
if not. how many shots is ideal for my 04 sedan with 121k miles?
I've seen online people with 75-100 shots but they don't mention if they have supporting mods.
I'd be using the nitrous a fee times a month. maybe 5-6 a month. or maybe less.
The nitrous kit I have just consists of nitrous and fuel solenoids, lines, 100 shot jets, and the wiring.
it'd be a basic install.
I'd install it to have the nitrous enter the intake duct before the maf sensor and the fuel to enter after the maf sensor. or should I just go dry shot and not use added fuel?

I had a set up similar like this on my Acura, fuel and nitrous injected into the intake pipe with 75 shot. it was nice.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts
I don't want to make a thread on this. but I will if it comes to blows...lol jk. but really.

Does Nissan only used forged internals?
the other day at work I was talkin with another tuner and I brought up modding my g35 and I brought up the idea of putting nitrous in my sedan. the. he said "you know nissan uses forged internals right".

Even before he said this I was thinking about spraying. & when he said I had forged internals, I was even more willing to spray.

I have a nitrous kit sti in packaging right here. I'd turbo my car or supercharge it. but at 5k plus. I don't want to wait long to gather that cash and I'm not sure how long I'll keep the car so I haven't made plans for forced induction yet. if I had the cash I'd do it! but I don't haha.

So I guess what I'm getting at is,
Does Nissan really use forged internals?
if not. how many shots is ideal for my 04 sedan with 121k miles?
I've seen online people with 75-100 shots but they don't mention if they have supporting mods.
I'd be using the nitrous a fee times a month. maybe 5-6 a month. or maybe less.
The nitrous kit I have just consists of nitrous and fuel solenoids, lines, 100 shot jets, and the wiring.
it'd be a basic install.
I'd install it to have the nitrous enter the intake duct before the maf sensor and the fuel to enter after the maf sensor. or should I just go dry shot and not use added fuel?

I had a set up similar like this on my Acura, fuel and nitrous injected into the intake pipe with 75 shot. it was nice.
I'm pretty sure VQ35 pistons are cast, the crank and rods may be forged. Cast pistons will fall apart if you lean the motor out so I'd be pretty conservative. Nitrous works better if you inject it after the butterfly, the closer to the valve you get the better (unless you're using it with a turbo). I'm assuming you have a single nozzle wet kit so I'd use that (wet kit meaning you're adding fuel and nitrous) with whatever jets the mfg suggests for 50hp on the nitrous side and slightly larger jets than they say on the fuel side, especially if it's a universal kit. You'll get better performance if you put the nozzle in a throttle body spacer.

EDIT: So I did a little looking around on nitrous for the VQ and it seems all the kits are designed to install into the air intake? I've sprayed at least a half dozen cars all carbureted, from VW's to big block V8's and a couple of bikes too, always after the butterfly. Not sure why companies don't make some kind of plate system for these cars, my guess is since you're using so little nitrous it works fine. I also noticed some companies advertise kits up to 150hp, I'd be very carefull with stock pistons and no tune, ZEX and Nitrous Express both seem to very nice kits. It seems the way to go is o install the nozzle between the MAF and the throttle body, into the straightest section of the air intake.

Last edited by Peoria35sedan; 01-03-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do i get an uprev tune? Will a prgrammer tune not do the job? And how much is an uprev tune?

Old 01-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Premier Member

Received 421 Likes on 339 Posts
Originally Posted by CleanG35x
How do i get an uprev tune? Will a prgrammer tune not do the job? And how much is an uprev tune?
No canned programmer can even come close to the functionality of Uprev. There are two ways to do it, either go to a shop and get dyno tuned, or buy the cable and license separately and have the tune dialed in via email with datalogs that you make with the uprev software. Price ranges from $450-800 for the higher end dyno tunes

Old 01-03-2013, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by Peoria35sedan
I'm pretty sure VQ35 pistons are cast, the crank and rods may be forged. Cast pistons will fall apart if you lean the motor out so I'd be pretty conservative. Nitrous works better if you inject it after the butterfly, the closer to the valve you get the better (unless you're using it with a turbo). I'm assuming you have a single nozzle wet kit so I'd use that (wet kit meaning you're adding fuel and nitrous) with whatever jets the mfg suggests for 50hp on the nitrous side and slightly larger jets than they say on the fuel side, especially if it's a universal kit. You'll get better performance if you put the nozzle in a throttle body spacer.

EDIT: So I did a little looking around on nitrous for the VQ and it seems all the kits are designed to install into the air intake? I've sprayed at least a half dozen cars all carbureted, from VW's to big block V8's and a couple of bikes too, always after the butterfly. Not sure why companies don't make some kind of plate system for these cars, my guess is since you're using so little nitrous it works fine. I also noticed some companies advertise kits up to 150hp, I'd be very carefull with stock pistons and no tune, ZEX and Nitrous Express both seem to very nice kits. It seems the way to go is o install the nozzle between the MAF and the throttle body, into the straightest section of the air intake.
yea I think it is single wet shot. or maybe double.
because I have a line for each solenoid, both fuel and nitrous.
and on the cars I've sprayed before I did use the larger jet on the nitrous.
it also does make sense to inject it after the maf this way it doesn't add more fuel from the nitrous because I'll already be adding more fuel.
I have some jets that would add up to 100 shots. not sure if its safe or not? I don't want my engine to break. because I'll be sol!
Thanks for all that.

another question on the topic though.
on the previous cars, I just tapped into the line coming from the fuel filter and got my extra fuel from there. but on this infinit. I don't know where to get my extra fuel. I haven't look closely but there should be a line from the fuel filter as there is on other cars right?

Old 01-03-2013, 02:33 PM
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts
yea I think it is single wet shot. or maybe double.
because I have a line for each solenoid, both fuel and nitrous.
and on the cars I've sprayed before I did use the larger jet on the nitrous.
it also does make sense to inject it after the maf this way it doesn't add more fuel from the nitrous because I'll already be adding more fuel.
I have some jets that would add up to 100 shots. not sure if its safe or not? I don't want my engine to break. because I'll be sol!
Thanks for all that.

another question on the topic though.
on the previous cars, I just tapped into the line coming from the fuel filter and got my extra fuel from there. but on this infinit. I don't know where to get my extra fuel. I haven't look closely but there should be a line from the fuel filter as there is on other cars right?
I'd double check the jetting, I think the larger jets are the fuel side. These motors already run lean once modified without a tune so you'll want to make sure it's a little on the fat side. You will need to tap into the fuel rail, I saw that ZEX had a special part for the Nissan rail.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by Peoria35sedan
I'd double check the jetting, I think the larger jets are the fuel side. These motors already run lean once modified without a tune so you'll want to make sure it's a little on the fat side. You will need to tap into the fuel rail, I saw that ZEX had a special part for the Nissan rail.
oh yea. the fuel does need the larger jet. got the mixed up.
and thanks. I'll look into that fuel rail.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So would the 400$ programmer even be worth buying?

Old 01-03-2013, 08:04 PM
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts
Just put on revised Z suspension (springs with supposedly 28k miles, brand new shocks). The springs were sitting off the car for a while, how long should I wait to get an alignment? I've read wait only 2-3 days if the springs are used, but if I had to guess, I'd guess the springs weren't used for over a year.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:06 PM
DVG
Received 143 Likes on 117 Posts
I waited a week

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread