G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:11 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by DVG
3M exterior mounting tape

When you say nissan skyline emblem, do you mean the nissan emblem or the skyline emblem? If you are getting the skyline emblem I would say just get it used. Lining all the letters up properly would be a bitch.
I mean the Nissan emblem.

and a way to keep moisture out would be clear silicone then. an so it won't get in your trunk, remove the inside liner thing off your trunk, over the hole with tape from the inside, then put silicone in the hole, then just wipe off and excess silicone so it's flush with the trunk. this way the silicone doesn't escape through the hole to your trunk and once the silicone dries, it is a flush finish and you can remove the tape from the inside.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:17 AM
So I got an eBay intake. the nipple for the pcv valve was a nylon nipple that screws into the intake.
I thought it was a bit sketchy and thought that I should put silicone around it to ensure a good seal. but I didn't and now I have a fluctuating idle.
I also cleaned the throttle plate a little.
power feels the same, but at a stop it jumps around + or - 200 rpm from 1k-800 rpm.

im going to remove the intake an put silicone around the nylon nipple now. just curious if anyone had this problem before.

only other possible thing I see is air entering thought the couplings. but I tightened those. up as much as I could.
someone give me hope and say its most likely that crappy nylon nipple lol.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:35 AM
DVG
Received 143 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by JDMswagSerf
So I got an eBay intake. the nipple for the pcv valve was a nylon nipple that screws into the intake.
I thought it was a bit sketchy and thought that I should put silicone around it to ensure a good seal. but I didn't and now I have a fluctuating idle.
I also cleaned the throttle plate a little.
power feels the same, but at a stop it jumps around + or - 200 rpm from 1k-800 rpm.

im going to remove the intake an put silicone around the nylon nipple now. just curious if anyone had this problem before.

only other possible thing I see is air entering thought the couplings. but I tightened those. up as much as I could.
someone give me hope and say its most likely that crappy nylon nipple lol.
It might be the nylon nipple, I took the precaution of applying silicone there.

But I bet its the throttle plate. You can throw it out of calibration really easily by touching it. Try a throttle position learning reset. Didnt work for me though, I had to take it to a dealer when I did that.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by DVG
It might be the nylon nipple, I took the precaution of applying silicone there.

But I bet its the throttle plate. You can throw it out of calibration really easily by touching it. Try a throttle position learning reset. Didnt work for me though, I had to take it to a dealer when I did that.
damn. while cleaning I did push it back a little. and since it's electric I know you're not suppose to do that with electric throttle plates. damn.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:59 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Didn't wanna start a new thread over this, but I need a solution. Since I bought my G, the navi control trim/frame seems to be loose. So I tried to glue it with crazy glue and that didn't hold for even a day. Skip a couple of weeks, my genius cousin says he got it... he put some 3m double sided tape on it and made it all uneven. So before I even get to see what he did, he tries to remove it. Now its all beat up and bent up. Is it possible to replace or am I stuck with it? Can I remove it and try to make it straight? Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:59 AM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
^ i think you can remove it and straighten it a bit out. Its a METAL peice so the crease will be there and it will almost never be back 100% but you can get it close which is a LOT better then now.

The following users liked this post:
Lazy912 (02-21-2013)
Old 02-21-2013, 08:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05/06 sedan tail lights

Does any body know where i can get a pair of 05/06 tail lights?

Old 02-21-2013, 09:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K&N Filter + Ztube?

I was looking at Air Intakes and see people posting about Z Tubes? I know what a CAI is but what exactly is a Z Tube?

Is there anyone that can link me to a K&N CAI + Z Tube for my model so I can get an idea of this? Maybe an explanation. THanks so much ahead of itme.

*** Sorry for the noobness of mods

Old 02-21-2013, 12:46 PM
Received 142 Likes on 123 Posts
Originally Posted by forestzemel
I was looking at Air Intakes and see people posting about Z Tubes? I know what a CAI is but what exactly is a Z Tube?

Is there anyone that can link me to a K&N CAI + Z Tube for my model so I can get an idea of this? Maybe an explanation. THanks so much ahead of itme.

*** Sorry for the noobness of mods
The Z tube is the intake they use on a 350z. These engines don't tend to gain a lot of power if any from intake mods, so most people just buy the stock intake for a 350z, which makes more noise for sure, and arguably will make a bit more power. as for a link to a CAI Check the marketplace there's plenty of places selling em.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:24 PM
So what about a g35? I'm a new owner of an 06 g35 coupe I heard the stillen filter ztube kits make it sound better and have better gas mileage.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:29 PM
So what about a g35? I'm a new owner of an 06 g35 coupe I heard the stillen filter ztube kits make it sound better and have better gas mileage.
Well a lot of people put the z tube on their g. I don't know much about the Stillen kit but I know a lot of people like the z tube because of the sound and the fact that unlike a lot of intake options it doesn't seem to lose power. If you're really concerned with power/fuel economy you're first mod should be a plenum spacer, the best of which seems to be the motordyne 5/16" iso thermal.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by thegreatkwijibo
Well a lot of people put the z tube on their g. I don't know much about the Stillen kit but I know a lot of people like the z tube because of the sound and the fact that unlike a lot of intake options it doesn't seem to lose power. If you're really concerned with power/fuel economy you're first mod should be a plenum spacer, the best of which seems to be the motordyne 5/16" iso thermal.
Awesome! Thanks so much for the great advice. Not concerned about power and fuel more so just curious. That and I can't wait to start doing some fun stuff! I'm new to engine mods and all that so it's intriguing.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:38 PM
Awesome! Thanks so much for the great advice. Not concerned about power and fuel more so just curious. That and I can't wait to start doing some fun stuff! I'm new to engine mods and all that so it's intriguing.
NP man gl with your build

Old 02-21-2013, 03:11 PM
is it hard to change the brakes on the g35 sedan?
one of my rears has ****ed up my rotor.
and the fronts are already starting to squeak with the low pad indicator pin.
so I'm just gonna get new pads as rotors all around.
it'd be nice if I changed them today. but I don't know if it'll take long....?

Old 02-21-2013, 03:31 PM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
OB '04 Coupe Premium w/Performance Wheel & Tire
Originally Posted by JDMswagSerf
is it hard to change the brakes on the g35 sedan?
one of my rears has ****ed up my rotor.
and the fronts are already starting to squeak with the low pad indicator pin.
so I'm just gonna get new pads as rotors all around.
it'd be nice if I changed them today. but I don't know if it'll take long....?
You can get the rears done in like 30 minutes total

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread