G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radiator cap part

Hey guys, I'm new on here. I have been having a ton of trouble locating the name of a part in my cooling system. Does anyone know the name of the part the radiator cap is connected to????
2007 g35s sedan

Old 06-30-2017, 05:55 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Not sure on the 07, 06 and down the filler neck is part of the radiator.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:43 PM
any working performance chip?

Been wanting to put a performance chip in my car but Idk of any that work. Any suggestions? ???

Old 07-19-2017, 05:24 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
I hear Pringles add mad HP yo!

On a more serious note there's no "magic" chip that works on the G's. You'll need to go with a tune like the Osiris from UpRev and it's a bit pricey but awesome.

Old 07-23-2017, 02:22 PM
Exhaust Setup

What's up gang? This is my first post; however, I am a long-time fan. Alright, let's get to it...

First:

06 G35X Sedan

Kinetix HFC's
Megan Y-pipe
Replaced stock resonator with Flowtech Red Hot
Flowmaster Super 44 muffler

I experimented with this setup. My car sounds AMAZING. I get compliments everywhere I go and Chargers, Challengers, and everything else always try to line up with me (I'm not a street racer).

Drone inside the cabin is loud while building up speed and quiets down thereafter. Freeway drone is not too bad.

My question is this...would my car be quieter or louder if I replaced the Red Hot with a regular straight pipe?

If too loud, I'm thinking about going back to the OEM Resonator, or something similar. I want to quiet it down just a tad.

I will try to post a sound clip.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Pretty much any thing that's in the way of exhaust will quiet it down, so I would be amazed if straight piping it would ever quiet it down!

Sounds like a neat set up.

Old 07-24-2017, 07:23 AM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Pretty much any thing that's in the way of exhaust will quiet it down, so I would be amazed if straight piping it would ever quiet it down!

Sounds like a neat set up.
Thank you. It sounds like a V8 Muscle car. Just a lil bit too much muscle....lol

Old 07-24-2017, 11:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do your corner lights flash when you lock the door with the factory key fob? With my car, only the front turn indicator lights in the headlights and the rear turn indicator lights in the tail light assemblies flash.

Old 07-25-2017, 12:32 AM
Received 67 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by 03IP
Do your corner lights flash when you lock the door with the factory key fob? With my car, only the front turn indicator lights in the headlights and the rear turn indicator lights in the tail light assemblies flash.
No, they only come on when the lights are on.

Front & rear turn signals will flash, but not the front corners.

Old 07-25-2017, 01:31 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 03IP
Same bulbs flash when locking as do when the flashers are on (turn signals).

Old 07-27-2017, 03:00 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Just noticed today that the top half of the mileage on my odometer is faded out. This photo doesnt quite pick it up but its very apparent to the eye. Has anyone else experienced this? Easy fix? I'd like to say I could ignore it but I'd be lying.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:26 PM
Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts
6 speed G35 sedan
Originally Posted by bmf808
What's up gang? This is my first post; however, I am a long-time fan. Alright, let's get to it...

First:

06 G35X Sedan

Kinetix HFC's
Megan Y-pipe
Replaced stock resonator with Flowtech Red Hot
Flowmaster Super 44 muffler

I experimented with this setup. My car sounds AMAZING. I get compliments everywhere I go and Chargers, Challengers, and everything else always try to line up with me (I'm not a street racer).

Drone inside the cabin is loud while building up speed and quiets down thereafter. Freeway drone is not too bad.

My question is this...would my car be quieter or louder if I replaced the Red Hot with a regular straight pipe?

If too loud, I'm thinking about going back to the OEM Resonator, or something similar. I want to quiet it down just a tad.

I will try to post a sound clip.
I've got Art Pipes, resonated Y-pipe and a Tanabe Medalion Exhaust. Same issues, too loud for me accelerating regularly (drone) and right at a steady 2500 rpm (70 mph in 6th), It's frustrating because otherwise its pretty quiet at steady speeds and sounds great when I get on it. With two resonators already on the car, the solution will mostly like be a turbo style muffler.instead of a straight through design or baffled like a Flowmaster. Had to do that with my first Accord but the new muffler completely eliminated the drone.

This is what I'm talking about:

My Accord still had a deep idle, sounded good at full throttle and was nearly dead silent at freeway speeds. Much quieter at part throttle acceleration.

Old 07-27-2017, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

Can anyone please get me a measurement of how much the fuel door actuator sticks out in the locked position? Mine broke (well it's been this way since I bought it) and I want to jerry rig a fix, since it's not really worth replacing the unit (still locks and unlocks).

Gas thefts have been more common recently.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by GreenPenguin
]Just noticed today that the top half of the mileage on my odometer is faded out. This photo doesnt quite pick it up but its very apparent to the eye. Has anyone else experienced this? Easy fix? I'd like to say I could ignore it but I'd be lying.
Mine went out in the same spot maybe a year ago, I eventually got used to it so yes you could ignore it. I also have hit or miss experiences with my left turn signal indicator and "Set" light for cruise control. I do not think there is an easy fix unless you are used to taking apart the dash and re-soldering grounds or changing LEDs inside the display.

Old 07-28-2017, 10:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Can anyone please get me a measurement of how much the fuel door actuator sticks out in the locked position? Mine broke (well it's been this way since I bought it) and I want to jerry rig a fix, since it's not really worth replacing the unit (still locks and unlocks).

Gas thefts have been more common recently.

Damn, dude. I read this last night and thought I'd check this out today.

When I was gassing up today I opened the gas door and locked my car doors with the fob thinking that the lock pin would pop out and I could take a pic. Now mine doesn't lock at all.
Maybe this is coincidental and it just bit the dust. I kneeled down beside it while locking the doors a few times after and it doesn't sound like it's even firing. I've got some troubleshooting to do.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread