G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 03Sedan6MT
Fix instructions: http://forums.nicoclub.com/top-glove-box-repair-removal-t324205.html

Townshend: "I just followed them last week and it worked like a charm. I removed everything and used 3M high strength adhesive, used a couple of clamps and some tape to hold the leather down for a few days then installed it back in the car."
Thanks!

Old 04-20-2017, 06:48 PM
Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts
6 speed G35 sedan
I got another one at a wrecking yard. Kept my old one, going to glue it down so if the replacement goes bad, I'm ready this time.

Old 04-23-2017, 01:42 AM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Surely some have seen this before..... probably bringing up old news

https://imgur.com/a/B6vTO#Tcc6NnT

Looks more like a G35 with R35 bits stuffed into it

The following users liked this post:
Scottwax (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Anyone ever replace the rack and pinion seals on the G and succeed? I really don't want to spend $300 on a new rack because a gearbox leak - but steering is heavy .

Old 04-27-2017, 12:43 AM
Window regulator same on G35 and 350z?

Hey all, quick question here. I have a 2004 G35 coupe and I'm looking at getting my window regulator replaced, does anyone know if I can get away with buying a window regulator for a 350z? They seem like the same part but I can't seem to find a part number match, anyone have some knowledge for me? Thanks.

Old 04-27-2017, 04:43 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
^^You might want to post this in the Coupe random question thread. This is for the 4 doors if you didn't notice.

Someone here might answer for you though.....

Old 04-27-2017, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Rockauto . Com

Compare part #'s.

Old 05-29-2017, 04:22 PM
06 G35X with Bluetooth phone that is having issues recently. I am trying to see if a fuse or ground is faulty, the Bluetooth system is known to ever go bad, or my phone somehow got an updated that broke things.

I've never had an issue until a few days ago and now it is repeating. The amber light phone indicator will just continue blinking the whole time driving and it no longer let's the phone button on the steering wheel do anything. Sometimes it seems to connect fine and stay solid, but less often than constant blinking.

I have tried turning Bluetooth off and on or starting the car with it initially off, but nothing is working. Since the button on the steering wheel won't let me access anything when this bug is happening I cannot try to re pair my phone.

The only thing that has changed in awhile is I did have an Android update last Friday. Could a phone update really have made things not work all the time, but still some of the time? Id think it would be all or nothing.

The blinking makes me think it is trying to connect and sort of sees the phone, but then again I have tried with Bluetooth off and then starting the car and it all blinks longer than normal.

Even if I can get the phone button to work after a few tries, i don't have another phone to try a fresh pair and rule out my personal phone.

Does anyone have a fix or previous experience with the phone system failing?

Old 06-08-2017, 10:53 PM
Bump for the above, no one has had that issue before?
Maybe bluetooth phone was on '06 and above so I have less potential users to reach?

Old 06-08-2017, 11:01 PM
I can haz potato?

Received 1,016 Likes on 791 Posts
sabertooth tiger
Originally Posted by MrTBahgs
06 G35X with Bluetooth phone that is having issues recently. I am trying to see if a fuse or ground is faulty, the Bluetooth system is known to ever go bad, or my phone somehow got an updated that broke things.

I've never had an issue until a few days ago and now it is repeating. The amber light phone indicator will just continue blinking the whole time driving and it no longer let's the phone button on the steering wheel do anything. Sometimes it seems to connect fine and stay solid, but less often than constant blinking.

I have tried turning Bluetooth off and on or starting the car with it initially off, but nothing is working. Since the button on the steering wheel won't let me access anything when this bug is happening I cannot try to re pair my phone.

The only thing that has changed in awhile is I did have an Android update last Friday. Could a phone update really have made things not work all the time, but still some of the time? Id think it would be all or nothing.

The blinking makes me think it is trying to connect and sort of sees the phone, but then again I have tried with Bluetooth off and then starting the car and it all blinks longer than normal.

Even if I can get the phone button to work after a few tries, i don't have another phone to try a fresh pair and rule out my personal phone.

Does anyone have a fix or previous experience with the phone system failing?
The only issues I've ever experienced were the bluetooth system periodically not connecting to my phone (7+ different phones from multiple different manufacturers over the last 11 years)

Old 06-09-2017, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by calcul8
The only issues I've ever experienced were the bluetooth system periodically not connecting to my phone (7+ different phones from multiple different manufacturers over the last 11 years)
Thanks for the reply. By not connecting did it also keep blinking amber the whole time driving or just stay dark? To clarify for me, these phones all connected at some point and didn't work periodically, or some never worked with the car?

Old 06-09-2017, 05:30 PM
I can haz potato?

sabertooth tiger
Originally Posted by MrTBahgs
Thanks for the reply. By not connecting did it also keep blinking amber the whole time driving or just stay dark? To clarify for me, these phones all connected at some point and didn't work periodically, or some never worked with the car?
All the phones connected most of the time, but periodically randomly would not. As for the blinking, I think I only experienced that when I was trying to place calls too quickly and/or hanging up using the steering wheel-mounted buttons and the system was having trouble keeping up and may have once gotten "stuck" in the confused blinking mode. Turned off the engine, turned it back on, no more issue.

Old 06-12-2017, 10:14 PM
I can haz potato?

sabertooth tiger
Originally Posted by calcul8
All the phones connected most of the time, but periodically randomly would not. As for the blinking, I think I only experienced that when I was trying to place calls too quickly and/or hanging up using the steering wheel-mounted buttons and the system was having trouble keeping up and may have once gotten "stuck" in the confused blinking mode. Turned off the engine, turned it back on, no more issue.
Note: this also happened with service loaner vehicles that I had so I think it's more of an issue with infiniti's bluetooth radio that they were using at the time

Old 06-13-2017, 07:28 AM
I have an 06 G35x and my Bluetooth also has been having this issue lately as well, connecting to a S7 with OS 7.0. may just turn off the bluetooth because of the constant blinking light once it does connect. I do have a Bluetooth OBDII connected and will try to disconnect that and see if that is causing any interference.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by ovsplayer
I have an 06 G35x and my Bluetooth also has been having this issue lately as well, connecting to a S7 with OS 7.0. may just turn off the bluetooth because of the constant blinking light once it does connect. I do have a Bluetooth OBDII connected and will try to disconnect that and see if that is causing any interference.
Ohh I am glad you saw this then because I am personally thinking it may have to do with my phone itself since the latest update since I have never once had a single issue with bluetooth before this. As in like the newest of phones may run a non-compatible version of bluetooth.

I have a 2 year old Samsung Galaxy S6 that is also running Android 7.0 and only updated to that semi-recently. Was your prior phone trouble free assuming you had the G with an older phone?

I do not have an older phone to try out and see what happens, but at least the blinking thing isn't happening all that much now, certainly less often, but still pops up at times. The other issue though is that certain calls do not work and I have to switch to privacy mode because I hear indistinguishable garble through the speaker and I do not think the listener hears me until I swap to my handheld.

Basically a lot has changed since the last update or two so it seems like that would be the culprit, but I have had other little electronic failures and issues with the aging G that it wouldn't surprise me too much if the bluetooth was also dying.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread