G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Custom Spoiler Project ~ Picture Heavy :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Sorry not feeling this at all. Lots of effort you put into it too!

Spoilers look bad on our cars. I will say that confidently. I would recommend the Hikkatadori trunk as the cleanest looking trunk for our cars. Strafe has one too but its inferior in my opinion.

Search my thread or ttrank or G Sedan for more info and pics.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
^Strafe just renamed the HD trunk the K2, it's the same one. not the same as their v1, v2 or v3. the cleanest looking is subjective but the fact that the HD/K2 trunk is made of inferior material isn't open to debate, sorry.

The following users liked this post:
Dustin@StrafeAutomotive (02-16-2012)
Old 02-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Received 358 Likes on 258 Posts
So you'd recommend stay away from the Strafe K2?

I've gotta buckle down on some research it seems. And is this genuine? It's cheaper than the Strafe also....

https://g35driver.com/forums/exterio...place-get.html

Last edited by TunerMax; 02-12-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by G35xChicago
Sorry not feeling this at all. Lots of effort you put into it too!
Why does everyone think this took me so long? LOL, Start to finish it was maybe an hour out of the day.
I just ran with an idea I had, Worth it just to say I tried IMO. Thanks for pointing me to some other ideas though, very helpful dude, as I said I've got a bit more digging to do, want something quality.

I originally planned on making something similar to the Hittakadori trunk before I even knew it existed for sale, so I was pretty happy to find out it was available similar to what I'd have done anyways. And even happier that I didn't have to do it myself, cause I don't have a body shop or heated garage, and I'm selling the Maxima in the spring so no more 2nd car! Rolling around trunkless=fail

The following users liked this post:
NjMatteSedan (02-12-2012)
Old 02-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
Looks good but then again i like the look of the oem trunk spoiler. How about this one? It's pretty clean and might cover the holes from your old spoiler http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=27451055286

Old 02-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by TunerMax
So you'd recommend stay away from the Strafe K2?

I've gotta buckle down on some research it seems. And is this genuine? It's cheaper than the Strafe also....

https://g35driver.com/forums/exterio...place-get.html
That is the same as the Strafe K2, stay away... quality sucks

The following 3 users liked this post by Beebo:
Dustin@StrafeAutomotive (02-16-2012), r1forever80 (02-27-2012), TunerMax (02-12-2012)
Old 02-12-2012, 07:21 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Thanks dude, much appreciated Kudos. Well, I've decided that although it looks much better than stock, and is very original (something I strive for), I just don't like it as much as no spoiler, or the K2 from Strafe.

It was a fun lil Saturday mess around project, no harm, no foul. Anyone want's the spoiler or trunk locally let me know. I'd be willing to finish it and make it for someone also, but the price would be to high for most I think.

Is there a sedan spoiler/trunk picture thread I'm perhaps missing?

Unless I hear or see something else I'll prolly end up getting this 'lil fella:
there are several trunk lip/spoiler threads... here's one I started quite a while back, before I got mine done...
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...k-spoiler.html

The pic of my car in that thread is old - it looks like this now:

Old 02-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by BlkSedan4me
Looks good but then again i like the look of the oem trunk spoiler. How about this one? It's pretty clean and might cover the holes from your old spoiler http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=27451055286
If I were to get a lip spoiler I'd mould it into the bumper anyways, I don't like the line created by lip spoilers on this car. Just my flavour, a great suggestion otherwise.

Originally Posted by Beebo
That is the same as the Strafe K2, stay away... quality sucks
Thanks dude. I've been digging, so where can I get it in a high quality? I've had no luck after a good chunk of searching.

Originally Posted by OCG35
there are several trunk lip/spoiler threads... here's one I started quite a while back, before I got mine done...
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...k-spoiler.html

The pic of my car in that thread is old - it looks like this now:
I never know what to think about that custom tailight job you did, I think it kind of looks like a Mazda 3, but I don't dislike it, and I LOVE the originality. Also creates a gorgeous line from the lip on the trunk down onto the quarter/tailight.
Have you ever thought about moulding the whole light in on the trunk and the bottom of the quarter? I think that's why it looks so weird, only the top is moulded in but there's a gap everywhere else, cuts up the otherwise very smooth lines you have going on.

This is the kind of thread I was hunting for thanks man! I did do quite a bit of searching for exactly this without positive results. And I even entered almost EXACTLY your thread title
Thanks again man. thought, after 8 pages, I only saw a couple options, and TBH, none my style at all. I'll keep searching but if you guys have any other links to threads like this please do post!

Last edited by TunerMax; 02-12-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:06 PM
Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Looks a little different. I guess for an hour it's not bad!

Any finished pictures?

Old 02-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by Songle6MT
Looks a little different. I guess for an hour it's not bad!

Any finished pictures?
I didn't finish this, this was tested to see if it's a route I wanted to go. just wanted to share, I've decided I don't like it enough to bother finishing the spoiler. In that regard, this thread is somewhat dead already. At least it's here for anyone curious in the future!

Only really good thread I've found so far, thought I'd add for future references/searches by others:
https://g35driver.com/forums/media-s...iler-pics.html

Old 02-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
if you're not gonna custom mold a lip then just pickup the Strafe v2(not to be confused w/their K2)

Old 02-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by SDGenius
if you're not gonna custom mold a lip then just pickup the Strafe v2(not to be confused w/their K2)
Only see that offered in CF, not interested in CF.
I would be interested in it otherwise though, $600 + shipping to canada is nuts for a trunk though. I don't want CF.
I'll shoot Dustin a PM on that, thanks man, that's a great option too cause I don't particularly like the *** style swoop in the center of the HD trunk lip.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by SDGenius
i would totally hop on the strafespeedv2, if only the reverse lights lined up with the brake lights =\

Old 02-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
What's so horrible about the HD/K2 trunk? Flimsy or doesn't line up well? Or..?

Old 02-13-2012, 03:12 AM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
If I were to get a lip spoiler I'd mould it into the bumper anyways, I don't like the line created by lip spoilers on this car. Just my flavour, a great suggestion otherwise.

Thanks dude. I've been digging, so where can I get it in a high quality? I've had no luck after a good chunk of searching.

I never know what to think about that custom tailight job you did, I think it kind of looks like a Mazda 3, but I don't dislike it, and I LOVE the originality. Also creates a gorgeous line from the lip on the trunk down onto the quarter/tailight.
Have you ever thought about moulding the whole light in on the trunk and the bottom of the quarter? I think that's why it looks so weird, only the top is moulded in but there's a gap everywhere else, cuts up the otherwise very smooth lines you have going on.

This is the kind of thread I was hunting for thanks man! I did do quite a bit of searching for exactly this without positive results. And I even entered almost EXACTLY your thread title
Thanks again man. thought, after 8 pages, I only saw a couple options, and TBH, none my style at all. I'll keep searching but if you guys have any other links to threads like this please do post!
I was thinking the exact same thing when i saw that picture

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Custom Spoiler Project ~ Picture Heavy :)